• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beavis and Butthead was Pretty Wild

keraj37

I met them in Paris and took some photo
bab4ed_4795128.jpg

lock2k

Banned
I never seen the originals but music videos aren't really a thing anymore, certainly not the phenomenon they were when MTV started, it would never have worked. They did have at least a few music videos in the new episodes but there wouldn't be enough to sustain an entire season. Wasn't B&B like an extra to fill MTV airtime?

The remake was no doubt sacrilege for fans but I enjoyed it, they ripped the targets apart. There was also plenty of skits that were completely original and not based around Jersey Shore etc.

They are a thing, but on YouTube.

If they rebooted it on YouTube with ways to use the music videos on it (they could have a Smart TV by now) and they would be able to watch a fuckton of new music videos across all styles. Imagine Beavis making fun of Despacito. It would be really, really fucking good.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I watched it dubbed and still laughed my ass off. US culture was still pretty exotic in Italy at the time, so in that Halloween episode when Butthead drops a casserole of hot eggs and says “I’m nachos!” it was “I’m an omelette!” in Italian. Stuff like that. But it was still so funny.

Years later I found original language episodes thanks to the Internet. God, Butthead’s laughter is so contagious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Maybe my favorite episode is the one where B&B try to kill a fly in their apartment. Never fails to make me laugh like a maniac.

They are a thing, but on YouTube.

If they rebooted it on YouTube with ways to use the music videos on it (they could have a Smart TV by now) and they would be able to watch a fuckton of new music videos across all styles. Imagine Beavis making fun of Despacito. It would be really, really fucking good.

I don't want any part of Beavis & Butthead with a smart TV.

CRT with coat hanger antenna ONLY 📺

Last edited:
Bro, what was the name of that one episode where they go into the church I think it was, and they ask the priest a question about the ark, and he replied "NOAH!!!!" in an extremely exaggerated and powerful voice lmao. That scene was so funny

Anybody ever play the game for Sega Genesis? Was kind of fun to mess around with. I don't even remember what the point was it's been so long

I played that game and also virtual stupidity.

lock2k

Banned
I don't want any part of Beavis & Butthead with a smart TV.

CRT with coat hanger antenna ONLY 📺
All I'm saying is that, if they wanted to modernize them, this would be the way to go.

They could simply invent that a channel is showing new music videos but they wouldn't do that.

Grinchy

Banned
I decided to re-watch a little of this because of the thread. Other than the movie and maybe some clips here and there on youtube, I haven't seen the show since I was a kid.

There's a really rough looking pilot episode (Frog baseball). The "episode" is like 90 seconds long with the rest of the 10 minutes being music videos where animations of the 2 doing reactions are reused a few times. It's very cheap and awful looking lol.

But man, when the horrible Wilson Phillips music video comes on and Butthead tells Beavis "you get the one in the middle" referring to the fat Carnie Wilson standing between the fit and attractive other members, it was pretty funny.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I'm wondering when Beavis said "I'm a nad" what was the Italian versions interpretation of that?
Exactly the same as in English: “I’m a testicle” :messenger_tears_of_joy:
That episode is amazing, with B&B trying different costumes, playing trick or treat and getting the obvious reactions to Beavis turning into Cornholio after eating too much candy.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't really watch music videos, but I don't know if they'd even be allowed to make fun of pop and rap videos. Not only would the licensing fee be insane, but the second they started riffing on black people, the show gets canceled.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Still watching this one. Choked pretty hard at the name of their condom brand in show being Fisty Fiesta. Also, the freak show episode with the guy beating off in the background and then the boys being too stupid to answer the prostitutes question. Oh and Beavis' science project where he describes how his uncle would hit him with a baseball bat and how mouth shapes would change the noise, lol

Jooxed

Gold Member
Does anyone remember from the new season there beavis or butthead drilled a hole in one of their hands? I can't find the clip maybe it was a nailgun I can't remember.

Top Bottom