• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold the first real picture of a real PS5 next to a normal person. Is it all you ever wanted?

Was it all you ever wanted?

• Total voters

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I don't like the glossy bit at all, I for sure thought it was gonna be matte. Definitely fits that router profile.

GAMETA

Banned
This is one of the dumbest takes I have ever heard on this forum. It's pretty obvious that the guy didn't have to wear a mask when sitting next to the PS5 as there's nobody within the vicinity of danger. This is called science, something these pro maskers have idea of when they wear masks to promote some kind of stupid ideology that is not based on anything factual. The fact that you brought Donald Trump into this that obviously has nothing to do with what I was talking about shows your level of understanding of this subject.

There could be people behind the camera.

The guy could be in a public building and may be following local protocols (we're not supposed to go outside our homes without a mask in my city/state/country)

Or maybe he has olderly parents or whatever and rather not risk at all

I mean, there could be so many reasons, personal or cultural ones, and yet you judge the guy actions without any context and based on what you personally belive... why?

It's called bitching. Stop bitching.

Reindeer

There could be people behind the camera.

The guy could be in a public building and may be following local protocols (we're not supposed to go outside our homes without a mask in my city/state/country)

Or maybe he has olderly parents or whatever and rather not risk at all

I mean, there could be so many reasons, personal or cultural ones, and yet you judge the guy actions without any context and based on what you personally belive... why?

It's called bitching. Stop bitching.
What a dumb argument and has nothing to do with my point. My point was about him not having to wear mask at the specific moment when he was taking that picture. None of what you said has anything to do with that. Smh.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all I wanted and more

tenor.gif

The Alien

Banned
I don’t like the size but as long as it’s quiet, it’s fine. Design looks good to me though.
I'm somewhat in the opposite camp.

Once I clear enough space, it'll never move. Size doesn't bother me (tho I will concednits massive). However, I find it pretty ugly and i'll be forced to look at it for the entire gen.

tmlDan

Who is anti-maskers here? Lol, you're overreacting like most pro-maskers do. I said wearing masks without being around people is unscientific and that's a scientific fact. What does that have to do with being anti-masker? Take your baseless accusations somewhere else where science doesn't matter.

You know you're on a gaming forum, not a "why does he wear a mask without anyone coddling his face" forum.

And yet you think you're right, the hilarity in that

Reindeer

I'm somewhat in the opposite camp.

Once I clear enough space, it'll never move. Size doesn't bother me (tho I will concednits massive). However, I find it pretty ugly and i'll be forced to look at it for the entire gen.
I actually thought it looked horrendous from what I've seen before, but on that desk next that guy it looks very slick and premium.

anaphase

That's one big bitch. Too big to stash away.

If this came in black (I'm hearing rumors about face plates), then maybe it'll work. These colors draw too much attention.

I can't picture this on my tv console.

I mean, I'm still getting it but wtf. I have never had to think about how ugly a console is, cuz you can either stash it or it'll blend.

Reindeer

You know you're on a gaming forum, not a "why does he wear a mask without anyone coddling his face" forum.

And yet you think you're right, the hilarity in that
My comment is very much relevant to the picture itself. And go ahead, prove me wrong in anything I said. It's also funny that you think this is irrelevant but yet keep the convo going. If you think that he had to wear a mask for any valid reason when taking that picture then I'm not even interested in discussing this with you.

GAMETA

Banned
What a dumb argument and has nothing to do with my point. My point was about him not having to wear mask at the specific moment when he was taking that picture. None of what you said has anything to do with that. Smh.

Why shouldn't he wear a mask?

There could be people close by, or it could be a closed room with a closed venting system (maybe at work, maybe at the place they showed him the console), or the guy simply prefers to wear it for personal or cultural reasons...

You fail to realize that not everyone is American.

You fail to realize that in other countries there's no political debate involved in using them or not.

And you also fail to realize that, depending on the country, the use of masks has been widely accepted or was already common prior to covid.

So why shouldn't he wear a mask? Because you don't want him to? Lol. Fuck off.

Reindeer

Why shouldn't he wear a mask?

There could be people close by, or it could be a closed room with a closed venting system (maybe at work, maybe at the place they showed him the console), or the guy simply prefers to wear it for personal or cultural reasons...

You fail to realize that not everyone is American.

You fail to realize that in other countries there's no political debate involved in using them or not.

And you also fail to realize that, depending on the country, the use of masks has been widely accepted or was already common prior to covid.

So why shouldn't he wear a mask? Because you don't want him to? Lol. Fuck off.
Your whole argument is based on nothing but assumption, nice way to win an argument there. If you think he couldn't take that mask off for that picture while there's nobody around him then I don't even what to say to you.

This has nothing to do with America, it's about people having two extremes when it comes to wearing masks. Wearing masks around people obviously has its scientific benefit, but wearing one otherwise has no benefit at all.

Your argument is based on nothing but feelings and assumptions, this why the closing statements in your comment was to cuss at me. I'll return the favour: Fuck off you too, you ignorant fool.

Nothing is ever going to make me like the way PS5 looks, part of which is just how cheap the plastic seems to be on those white portions. Maybe a different colored replacement would help...

Your whole argument is based on nothing but assumption, nice way to win an argument there. If you think he couldn't take that mask off for that picture while there's nobody around him then I don't even what to say to you.

This has nothing to do with America, it's about people having two extremes when it comes to wearing masks. Wearing masks around people obviously has its scientific benefit, but wearing one otherwise has no benefit at all.

Your argument is based on nothing but feelings and assumptions, this why the closing statements in your comment was to cuss at me. I'll return the favour: Fuck off you too, you ignorant fool.

Who gives a shit if he's wearing a mask

Fucking wierdo lmao

Reindeer

My first reply actually

I looked in this thread a couple of times and you were still crying about the mask

It's weird mate
Smh. Do you have a habit of jumping into convos that you haven't kept up with? I made one comment and everything else was a reply to people who kept replying to me.

Smh. Do you have a habit of jumping into convo that you haven't kept up with? I made one comment and everything else was a reply to people who kept replying to me with some dumb arguments.

You should have stopped the moment logical arguments came at you

But you still carried on crying about the fucking mask thinking you were making sense lmao

Last edited:

Reindeer

You should have stopped the moment logical arguments came at you

But you still carried on crying about the fucking mask thinking you were making sense lmao
And how many comments did you make now by replying to me? Smh, nice way of being a hypocrite. Logical arguments? Lol, you must in that camp too, haha.

reinking

Gold Member
The design has grown on me a lot since the first reveal. I am looking forward to having the Series X on the opposite side of the shelf as my subwoofer since they are about the same dimensions and color and the PS5 in the center. My shelf is finally going to be balanced.

LordOfChaos

I am, of course, going to watch many of these.

Are there no known planned hands on for English tubers yet though? I guess it's fair to ask, did Microsoft give any to Japanese tubers?

It's kind of weird that Sony has held back the UI and some other details that we might get first screamed at us in excited Japanese

Neo_game

lol why are you freaking out if he is wearing a mask.

Moreover Japanese, and some Asians countries wearing mask is not weird at all:

Reindeer

lol why are you freaking out if he is wearing a mask.

Moreover Japanese, and some Asians countries wearing mask is not weird at all:
Wasn't aware that it was a cultural thing to wear masks for no apparent reason, but that just proves my initial point anyway.

FunkMiller

This is one of the dumbest takes I have ever heard on this forum. It's pretty obvious that the guy didn't have to wear a mask when sitting next to the PS5 as there's nobody within the vicinity of danger. This is called science, something these pro maskers have idea of when they wear masks to promote some kind of stupid ideology that is not based on anything factual. The fact that you brought Donald Trump into this that obviously has nothing to do with what I was talking about shows your level of understanding of this subject.

He’s at Sony, genius. Surrounded by other people. All the YouTubers look to be in the same building. If you took a few minutes to actually look into something, instead of making knee jerk posts with no actual facts, you’d know that.

But you anti maskers aren’t really ones for actually looking for facts, are you?

Frankly, this video will be seen by millions of people, so I’m delighted he’s wearing a mask. Shows other people what they should be doing.

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
Wasn't aware that it was a cultural thing to wear masks for no apparent reason, but that just proves my initial point anyway.

No, it's just proven you know shit about shit and still wants to dictate what other people should do. Go to my first comment, there it is: "Maybe it's cultural".

But there you go, you assume your experiences, laws, protocols regarding the virus, culture and personal beliefs are universal truths, when they're not. Masks are not a heated political thing outside the US, so calm your fucking tits and understand people have different reasons to do or belief different things. Is it that difficult?

Reindeer

But you anti maskers aren’t really ones for actually looking for facts, are you?
Another baseless accusation. Where did I say I'm against masks? If you read my replies then you would know that I said that wearing masks around people has scientific benefit. It seems like you pro-maskers are quick to throw accusations at people and speak out of context and you then have the audacity to talk about facts. Smh.

Bog

Junior Ace

Getting all angry at “pro maskers” (aka everyone on the planet right now) in a PS5 thread. lol

Someone lives with this guy. 😂

Top Bottom