• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behold, the revolution controller...fake or not u - decide

Hyoushi

Nerevar said:
yes, evil M$ stole the primary colors from Nintendo.
Heh.

The originator, the Super Famicom logo and profile colors:
LogoSNES.png

First one to be "inspired":
playstation-logo.jpg

Second one to be "inspired":
bleemdc02.jpg

And we've all seen the Xbox and Xbox360 controllers of course.

I always thought it was really strange that Nintendo changed the SNES console and pad design for the US, with the button colors and everything, since the graphical identity was so pronounced and saturated everything. Look at Super Mario World: The switch palaces, the different koopas, the Yoshi colours... then look at the four selectable ships in F-Zero... and so on and so forth.

M3wThr33

Banned
They wanted the NES and SNES to look more serious here in the States. It was an Entertainment System, not a game console. They wanted to differentiate themselves from Atari.

Hyoushi

M3wThr33 said:
They wanted the NES and SNES to look more serious here in the States. It was an Entertainment System, not a game console. They wanted to differentiate themselves from Atari.
Heh. That's interesting, then why did they change the US SNES to look like the japanese Famicom? :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I love how it says ---------------GYROSCOPE

it's like "oh, there goes the gyroscope"

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I found a little time to post this.
nintendorevolutioncontrollermo2.jpg

...and the description...
nintendorevolutioncontrollermo1.jpg

Not neccessarily perfect for what I am trying to convey, but I'll answer questions either way.

Top Bottom