• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bella Ramsey modded into The Last of Us Part 2

Bartski

Gold Member

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

Ar¢tos

Her facial expression shows that she feels how wrong this mod is.
Now someone needs to mod the face of Facepubes Pascal into Joel...

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
HBO MEETING
Druckmann: So we actually remodelled Ellie's features as we weren't completely happy with how conventionally attractive her face was. So we made some subtle changes to make her more of an everygirl.
HBO: Hold my beer

pskt-hammer.gif

To be fair I quite liked her character in Game of Thrones but that was the contrast of her size and world she was in. Still going to watch it but not sure she will land this the same as the games we all know. And I have reservations about Pascal as well tbh

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Oh nooo this fourteen year old girl isn't sexy enough what a bad show
I love how "aestetically pleasing" has become so uncommon in our entertainment these days that now we immediately equate that to "sexy".Sorry for wanting something that looks pleasing to the eye in my escapism,seems like too much to ask nowadays.

Instead we get Ella Mcforehead and most likely The Rock playing as Abby's body in season 2 otherwise a real muscled female body might be too "sexy" and scarring for our "modern" audiences .Gonna be quite a thrill.

Hope they're shooting in IMAX so we can actually see Ellie's hairline by the end of this season.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Am I the only one who can't see the new model should be Bella in the game?

They look nothing alike.

Am I the only one who can't see the new model should be Bella in the game?

They look nothing alike.
look at her eyes/chin/mouth

it's a mix of the original ellie and bella. it still looks a lot like ellie but you should be able to see bella's likeness?

edit: side by side comparison.

bella has darker eyes, smaller mouth, and her chin protrudes a bit more.

itsFVZr.jpg

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
I love how "aestetically pleasing" has become so uncommon in our entertainment these days that now we immediately equate that to "sexy".Sorry for wanting something that looks pleasing to the eye in my escapism,seems like too much to ask nowadays.

Instead we get Ella Mcforehead and most likely The Rock playing as Abby's body in season 2 otherwise a real muscled female body might be too "sexy" and scarring for our "modern" audiences .Gonna be quite a thrill.

Hope they're shooting in IMAX so we can actually see Ellie's hairline by the end of this season.
Hey man demanding an 'aestetically pleasing' fourteen year old girl is just as creepy

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
look at her eyes/chin/mouth

it's a mix of the original ellie and bella. it still looks a lot like ellie but you should be able to see bella's likeness?

edit: side by side comparison.

bella has darker eyes, smaller mouth, and her chin protrudes a bit more.

itsFVZr.jpg
I can see theres a difference, but I cant see it should be modelled after Bella.

I can see theres a difference, but I cant see it should be modelled after Bella.
what?

they can't really properly mod it with her because TLOU2 is a PS4 game. it's probably a deepfake edit. when TLOU1 comes out on PC someone will no doubt do it then.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Hey man demanding an 'aestetically pleasing' fourteen year old girl is just as creepy
I ain't demanding shit,but If she's the main character and as a viewer I have to watch her for 80 per cent of the time in the show I'd prefer to watch someone that doesn't distract me with her huge forehead thank you but sure keep projecting.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Does
She actually reopened her twitter yesterday, next week will not be fun for her with the Internet crazies

why. Don't celebrities ever learn? Misery. That's why she opened twitter.
She was amazing in game of thrones but it was very specific role that fit her looks... and she was a kid.
Now she has to prove anew her acting skills

BaneIsPain

Now she has to prove anew her acting skills
you know she's been in more than just GoT and TLOU?

i liked her in His Dark Materials although it wasn't a major role. And yeah alright her other stuff isn't as popular as GoT/TLOU but i think it's fair to say she is a good actress and doesn't really need to prove anything. well i suppose she needs to prove the haters wrong but let's be honest even if she kills it as ellie there will still be people on the internet giving her shit just because of her looks which is sick.

The most important thing about casting, is how close they look to the source material. If you look any way different, you shouldn't be in the show. Acting is easy.
you could argue that. i could argue that Neil Druckmann and Ashley Johnson are happy with her as Ellie so that says a lot. if the people who literally created Ellie or portrayed her in the game think she's a good fit then nothing else matters really.

politics aside this is like JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe giving their blessing to someone to portay Harry Potter in a new movie (if it ever happened). You can't really argue with the creator if they feel it stays true to their vision of the character.

Drizzlehell

Banned
You were the first person in this thread who suggested that the original character design was supposed to be "sexy", no one else said anything about that before you brought it up, lol. Don't try to turn this around now.

jm89

The most important thing about casting, is how close they look to the source material. If you look any way different, you shouldn't be in the show. Acting is easy.
Looking close to the source material is nice and all, but if you can't act as the character in the source then that is even worse imo.

Remains to be seen how she protrays elli too early to tell from the trailer.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Looking close to the source metrial is nice and all, but if you can't act as the character in the source then that is even worse imo.

Remains to be seen how she protrays elli too early to tell from the trailer.
What's the point of creating the show, then? If you want the same story that would play out in exactly the same manner then why don't just play the game?

IMO adapting the games into a show or a movie and without changing anything from the original is a pointless exercise. Because what else can you bring to the table with this different version when game's story was already presented in a cinematic format? You'd be basically making a version of this story for those who don't wanna press buttons in between story beats, in which case you might as well go watch a playthrough of the game on YouTube.

Top Bottom