• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck to return as Batman in the Flash movie (as well as Michael Keaton)

GV82

According to Vanity Fair

( I know Michael Keaton is old news though)

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/08/ben-affleck-returns-batman-the-flash-multiverse-keaton

This does not disrupt The Batman film starring Robert Pattinson, who remains the future of the franchise.

The Flash movie, which is planned for release in summer 2022, will feature fast-moving hyper-hero Barry Allen, played by Ezra Miller, breaking the bonds of physics to crash into various parallel dimensions, where he’ll encounter slightly different versions of DC’s classic heroes. It’s an adaptation of DC’s 2011 Flashpoint series of comic book crossovers, directed by Andy Muschietti, the filmmaker behind the recent adaptations of Stephen King’s It and It Chapter Two.

“His Batman has a dichotomy that is very strong, which is his masculinity—because of the way he looks, and the imposing figure that he has, and his jawline —but he’s also very vulnerable,” Muschietti said in an interview. “He knows how to deliver from the inside out, that vulnerability. He just needs a story that allows him to bring that contrast, that balance.”

Affleck got the script at the end of last week and agreed this week to join the project.

OZGmyHQ.jpg

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
Interesting that they already have a new Batman but he's still returning. You wouldn't see this in James Bond or something.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Take two at trying to fix the DCEU, I guess. Flash travels through the multiverse, once everything settles we'll have Robert Pattinson as the new official Batman. We'll probably have a new Superman too, or a Supergirl in his place. At this point whatever, I'll watch it. They can't possibly make things worse.

Bolivar687

Banned
At this point, it's really only a matter of time before Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson are given the inevitable.

trikster40

Can’t wait for the Fkash movie, should be great! Interested to see how they use the multiverse to shake things up.

Actually loved Ben’s take on Batman too.

Last edited:
The more I think about this...who cares? They've ruined what might have been a nice surprise in the movie by announcing it. Even so, beyond "Hey thats my Batman" theres nothing of value here. They just want to build up some semblance of good will before what will more than likely be another turd floating around the DCEU toilet. I just hope that they give him something to do and let him be crazy Keaton.

AbandonedFalseIcefish-size_restricted.gif

I never noticed before that even joker gets startled by this

Last edited:
Top Bottom