• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Benchmark Unreal Engine 4's "Elemental" demo

SandTorso

Wow, surprised the realistic rendering demo runs flawlessly on my 560ti and Q6600

edit

fuck, is my PC a wizard? Elemental demo ran at an almsot solid 30fps too

Must be, my Q6600 choked hard on it (at 3.0GHz), as my GTX670 actually underclocked itself due to the bottleneck. That's at the default resolution too (which I assume was 1280x720, didn't bother bumping up the resolution initially). I ran it at about 15fps.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Man, talk about diminishing returns... I mean, I'm a total graphics whore and I'm really geeky when it comes to this kinda stuff, love reading up about it and always used to follow the demo scene etc... But even though I do see and understand that there's so much new and advanced tech in these demos, it just doesn't end up impressing much more than say Battlefield 4 or even 'standard' UE3 games that don't do anything super crazy like Hawken.

We've really entered an era where it's so much more about art than before, similar to how the first Toy Story movie was a technical marvel but by the time we were at Finding Nemo, technical advancements had become so much more unnoticeable compared to artistic distinction.

Either way still cool shit and I still love this kind of stuff, especially when it comes to advances in lighting, global illumination and new AA methods being applied and such.
I honestly thought the Infiltrator demo was CG when I saw it in person.

Type_Raver

Im actually liking the FMV looking AA method.

To everyone, does the demo end with the UE4 logo and stop there for your too?
I have to ctrl/alt/del and kill the app.

I havent go FRAPs but judging my similar systems out there, im guessing my result would be mid 40s (i3930k@4.6GHz with Nvidia GTX680 overclocked 1240/7000)

Minamu

How do I make mine not render in Rift mode? My Rift isn't even connected at the moment :lol Performance is SO bad, probably below 10fps, if even that. Quite expected though, even though the new Rift Rollercoaster UE4 demo works just fine.

Nyrad

Downloaded the and installed both vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe (i'm using Windows 8.1 64bit) but i get an Appcrash Error at start. Has anyone an idea what could be missing? The Temple Mobile Demo is the only one that works...

cripterion

It's funny, this looked mighty impressive when it was first shown, not it's like "yeah...ok" feeling.

Doesn't run that well too, I guess it's not using SLI?

iamcreasy

Neo Member
If someone has an idea on how to make the camera move vertically, please share. Also, if you want the camera to move faster, you can speed up the game with "slowmo 100" which speeds up camera movement as well.

I tried 'travel' command. When you are on other maps you can change your forward movement direction using mouse. I meant, you can look up and press W, and you will move vertically.

Top Bottom