• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best free (and really simple) image editing software for Mac?

Kev Kev

im just trying to make stupid memes and photoshop pictures onto other pictures, and shit like that, nothing serious. but i'm dumb when it comes to this stuff. im using Paintbrush for mac and its actually perfect except for a few things...

1.) if you want to resize an image, you actually have to type in the dimensions and hope it resizes to where you need it. so fucking stupid. if it wasnt for this, id just have found a way to work with it and never made this topic. but like, you cant just click the corner of the image and resize manually... its absolutely fucking retarded. for instance, i was trying to lay a guy fawkes goatee over my face in my avatar, but the goatee was huge and i kept having to resize, then copy and paste it (bc it makes you open two separate windows, also dumb), and hope that it fit perfectly on my face. but i couldnt get it exact, and it took too many tries, so i gave up...

2.) if you want to add text, like lets say wanted to add meme font (i think its impact/bold), you can do that! and thats great. buuuuut you cant manipulate the colors enough, like if you wanted to make white font with black outline, you cant do that. this one is a bit more understandable, but the problem is i dont have a work around here. at least with the image resizing i could get lucky or use trial and error to get it to the right size. with this im just SOL and my dank memes dont look right...

i just need something where i can manipulate photos quickly and easy, add text and other simple functions. i feel like there has to be a free version of this somewhere that everyone agrees is simple and easy to use. but my google-fu is failing me and i need a hand.

hell id even be willing to pay 5 - 10 bucks for something but i need to know thats its going to have the functions i want. i hope this kind of thread isnt against the rules (dont know why it would be?) but thanks for any help!

Top Bottom