• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game in the GTA franchise?

Best GTA?

• GTA San Andreas

• GTA Vice City

• GTA 3

• GTA China Town Wars

• GTAV

• GTA Vice/Liberty Stories

• Grand Theft Auto

• GTA2

• Other, please specify

• GTA 4

Results are only viewable after voting.
San Andreas for me. I remember I just moved to the states from Europe and SA came out like 6 months later. To be honest I was first annoyed that it was a ghetto black protagonist as that was my culture shock in school, then the popularity of 50 cent and The Game...I was so annoyed now I have to play as one as well lol. But after about a year I jumped in and it was glorious. That soundtrack is epic (as much as i love the 80s Vice City).

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Hard choice. I went for Vice City in the end because of the 80s music and vibe.

San Andreas was a very close second. I liked the ambition with San Andreas, but having the three cities wasn't that great of an idea as the cities were smaller areas compared to say Vice city or Liberty city. Also not a fan of some of the eating, going to the gym etc.

Shubh_C63

I will never understand GTAV hype. Made me feel like people did it the Pokemon treatment, like we all know game isn't that good but gets 10/10 everytime.

Never played Online (maybe that's it), but in Campaign I couldn't immerse, didn't care, forgetful story after its finale and shooting was lol. Overall nothing clicked except some moments with Trevor.

Their decision to go with a serious story with GTA6 is an excellent decision.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Vice City
San

in that order.

Vice gave us all the line ‘I’m gunna rip off ya head and shit down ya neck’ - absolutely beautiful.

SA was the one, that cost me a lot of time in my early twenties.

But V was such a good single player experience (I fucking HATE the online part and the focus it gets) on PS3 (!), that I diddly double dipped on PC for all the little and not so little tweaks... Still fuddle around with mods from time to time.

Laptop1991

San Andreas by quite a way for me, Vice City was my first GTA and i loved the game, then i went back to 3 and missed the things VC added, but when San Andreas came out, it was such an advancement for me in open world gameplay, so much to do and see, and i loved the different cities and vibes about them, still the goat of GTA imo, it's been downhill since, for SP anyway.

Always have a soft spot for Vice City, even gone so far as to install on the Vita to play anywhere. Other than that GTA IV is underappreciated, probably has the best story & driving in the series

Vandole

Vice City is my favorite, but I can't honestly say it's the best in the series.

I would probably give IV the nod simply because of how much I liked the Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony. The main game was just okay in my eyes, but the DLC was some of my favorite of all time.

Top Bottom