• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best new character in 2007?

Everyone has different tastes, i for one think that Master Chief is one of the worst character designs ever and while playing Assassins Creed, not once did i think Altair was badass because all i saw in him was Desmond with a hood.

My Favorites.

Nathan Drake - Uncharted

White Cubic - The Eye of Judgment

Sander Cohen, Andrew Ryan - Bioshock

Kai - Heavenly Sword

I've only played about a half an hour of uncharted on a friend's machine, but I don't get the love of Drake as a character.

I get that they were trying to go for the everyman, but Drake comes across to me as just underconceived and bland.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Gekkonidae said:
I've only played about a half an hour of uncharted on a friend's machine, but I don't get the love of Drake as a character.

I get that they were trying to go for the everyman, but Drake comes across to me as just underconceived and bland.

Dude is I played every game for 30 minutes I could say the same thing about every character.

Gekkonidae said:

Funny, I've only played half an hour of Portal, and I don't get why people think GlaDOS is such an interesting character either.

/sarcasm

PS: I also like Kai from HS.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Lemming_JRS said:
Funny, I've only played half an hour of Portal, and I don't get why people think GlaDOS is such an interesting character either.

/sarcasm

PS: I also like Kai from HS.

Agree! :D

386px-Bob_(Tekken_6).jpg

GeoramA

Love the Drake...playing as him was a very unique and enjoyable experience. I pray to God Naughty Dog's working on a sequel.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Just about the whole cast of Heavenly Sword, especially Nariko and Bohan are my picks. My least favorite is Shepard from ME, he comes off as an NFL guy turned actor like Bozworth.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Can I vote for my sexy female red-head Shepard from Mass Effect or not?

Love the character/classes on Team Fortress 2.

Ashodin

GLaDOS

Luke Atmey is pretty awesome too.

Godot is badass though.

godot-chugs.gif

"And then he drank it down, like THIS!" ~chugchugchugchugchug~
:lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Maxrpg said:
"And then he drank it down, like THIS!" ~chugchugchugchugchug~
I laughed my ass off at that part. :lol

The most funny thing is that I always played PW3 by the end of the day, sitting on a couch drinking coffe. Whenever Godot was holding his cup, I was holding mine. :D

6yu27mw.gif

gamerecks said:
I give a nod to Nathan Drake.

I dont see how people can call him a generic character. He has ton of personality for a digital character.

Agreed. He's kind of a Han Solo / Indiana Jones hybrid, only a little more blue and snarkier than Han is. Tons of personality either way. It doesn't hurt that the guy doing his voice is doing a major Nathan Fillion voice.

I also agree that Sander Cohen and GLaDOS are both fantastically well written and acted.

xbhaskarx

All the characters that have already been mentioned from BioShock, Mass Effect, and Portal/TF2, but my top two are Urdnot Wrex and GLaDOS.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Oh, where to begin?

GlaDOS - Portal (Best in-game dialogue I've heard for some time)

Godot/Luke Atmey/Dahlia - Phoenix Wright 3 (
Three of the best antagonists in the whole series
)

Geralt/The Professor/Lady of the Lake - The Witcher (Geralt is just a true badass, The Professor is a sadistic psycho and the Lady is well, quite the sight indeed. :D)

And I haven't gotten to Mass Effect yet.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ark-AMN said:
Godot/Luke Atmey/Dahlia - Phoenix Wright 3 (
Three of the best antagonists in the whole series
)
I loved whenever Distant Traces of Beauty (Dhalia's theme) played in the game. Such a soothing song.

Top Bottom