• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best New Shows of 2022

TylerD

I don't watch a lot of TV but I thought The Bear on FX/Hulu was excellent. There are moments of very realistic simulated anxiety/panic that are super intense. A 2nd season has been announced as well.

edit: Oh, I did watch TWITHATSFTGITW, I didn't remember at first. I thought it was a lot of fun and there were some truly ridiculous moments. Kristen Bell and most everyone else were really good in that.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I wanna watch Severance but Im so tired of waiting years after years for a show to end and get milked and whatever. Rarely do shows get better and I heard theres a new season coming so meh. Is 1899 done? Or will there be another season for that as well?

Anyway I've watched a lot of stuff but not that many that released this year, heres my top 3 I guess

Big Mouth 8.5/10 great show, well thought, tho the ending was rushed.
Stranger Things last season 9/10, it's def the best and my show/season of the year if that counts.
All of us are dead 7.5/10 prolyl best zombie show since train to busan, tho ending was meh, i do recommend it.

Winter John

Gold Member
My favorite is Slow Horses with Gary Oldman. It's a real old school spy thriller with a great cast, a great story and it doesn't rely on action scenes or gadgets.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Welcome to wrexam was fun and entertaining.

I want to watch 1923 but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I want to watch 1923 but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

Did you like 1883?

the-office-pam-beesly.gif

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Lot of garbage, but I watched most of it so you don't have to

The best stuff:

White Lotus
flatten;crop_down;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=70

We own this city

Peacemaker
SJM-L-MOVIEPICKS-0113-01.jpg

House of dragon
tile

Severance is very well made but the show itself was just OK IMO. I didn't think the Bear and Better Call Saul was good enough to keep watching after a few eps

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I finished watching Black Bird yesterday. It's a six part miniseries on Apple TV about a drugs dealer with a ten year prison sentence who is offered the chance to get an immediate released if he he succeeds in getting a suspected serial killer to spill incriminating information about his buried victims. It's based on a true story. Paul Walter Hauser who plays Larry Hall is incrediblly creepy and got a deserved Emmy nomination. The show also has Ray Liotta's final role before he passed away. Highly recommended, especially if you're a fan of the show Mindhunter that was prematurely canceled by Netflix.

paul-walter-hauser-black-bird-1.jpg

Last edited:
SHOWS

Made in Abyss Season 2: A+
To Your Eternity Season 1: A+
Kaguya-sama Love is War Season 3: A+
Call of the Night: A+
Ozark: A+
Andor Season 1: A+
Better Call Saul Season 6: A+
Cyberpunk Edgerunners: A+
Ms Marvel Season 1: A

House of The Dragon Season 1: A

The Sandman Season 1: A
SPY x FAMILY: A
My Dress Up Darling: A
Servant Season 3: A
Tales of The Jedi: A

Werewolf By Night: A
Rent A Girlfriend Season 1/2: A
The Midnight Club: A
Uzaki Chan wants to hang out Season 1: A
Don’t Toy With Me Miss Nagatoro Season 1: A
Teasing Master Takagi: A
Komi Can’t Communicate Season 1: A
Horimiya: A
Ganbere Doukichan: A
Attack On Titan: A
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Season 4: A-
Book of Boba Fett Season 1: A-
1899 Season 1: A-

AJUMP23

Gold Member
House of the Dragon was interesting. Needed more dragons though.
Terminal List was great. The first episode ending was hard to watch, but the tale of vengeance is excellent.
Andor had some great moments
Book of Bobafett was bad, made me want to add another director to keep away from SW Robert Spykids Rodriugez

House of the Dragon was interesting. Needed more dragons though.
Terminal List was great. The first episode ending was hard to watch, but the tale of vengeance is excellent.
Andor had some great moments
Book of Bobafett was bad, made me want to add another director to keep away from SW Robert Spykids Rodriugez

I loved Book of Boba Fett

Fbh

Severance was by far my favorite of the year. It has actually been a few years since a new show has had me excited to get home and check out the new episode.
I just really hope it doesn't crash and burn, I really hope the writers actually have an outline of the story and they don't stretch it out or make things up on the go. I always tell myself I won't watch any new "mystery box" type show until it has been finished and nails the landing....and yet here I am again lol

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Literally the only show I've watched from beginning to end is Cyberpunk Edgerunners and I enjoyed the hell out of that one. Nothing but props.

Last edited:

Raven117

I don't watch a lot of TV but I thought The Bear on FX/Hulu was excellent. There are moments of very realistic simulated anxiety/panic that are super intense. A 2nd season has been announced as well.

edit: Oh, I did watch TWITHATSFTGITW, I didn't remember at first. I thought it was a lot of fun and there were some truly ridiculous moments. Kristen Bell and most everyone else were really good in that.
The Bear is awesome.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like trash TV

I've been enjoying The Winchesters

Sonik

Reacher
Terminal List
YellowJackets
From

were all dumb but fun. I still haven't watched a show that I loved this year though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Its already been cancelled. :messenger_confused:
Not fully cancelled... yet. Season 1 cut short, no news on season 2 yet. Even if it does get cancelled... still a cool show!

I for one love TV TV TV.
What were your absolute favourite shows that had only just begun in 2022?

Mine are: (in no specific order)

-YellowJackets
-Severance
-From
-All of us are Dead
-Welcome to Wrexham
-The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window
S02 of From is live! The first episode at least. It's pretty good and also pretty creepy.

Top Bottom