• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best video games quotes

Ezquimacore

Banned
While most of gaming is not poetry, there are some badass quotes by some badass characters. Which are your favorites?

my top 3

Halo​

“I have defied gods and demons. I am your shield. I am your sword. I know you. Your past. Your future. This is the way the world ends.” -Cortana​

Metroid Dread​

That scene that I'm not going to post because you know why

Assassin's Creed

"When I was a young man; I had liberty but I didn’t see it, I had time but I didn’t know it, I had love but I didn’t feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. But now the twilight of my life this understanding has past into contentment, Love liberty and time once so disposable are diffused that drive me forward and Love was especially Mucaro for you our children our brothers sisters and for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life and keep us guessing endless affection Meu Sofia, Forever Yours" -Ezio Auditore de Ferenze

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
images

Flora heals an aching soul.

Reinforcements? I AM the reinforcements.

What is a man!? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk! Have at you!

Lemina: Keep your eyes peeled and your hands on your valuables. Ronfar! Take your hands out of your pants!

Ronfar: Just following orders...

Nia: What if this is all an act and one day she turns around and stabs you in the back?

Pyra: Of course I wouldn't! I don't have a Knife.

My fist is the divine breath! Blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers!! Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'!

Meow Meow Choco Chow.

Son of a Submariner!

This guy are sick.

That's it! I've come up with a new Recipe!

You Spoony Bard!

Got it memorized?

Mutton! Fresh Mutton!

You see ser knight, we might die, but we'll be warned about it first!

Last edited:

XJF

I could post Final Fantasy quotes all day, but thought I'd change it up.

Uncharted 2
Drake: "I'm sorry, do you have a plan to go along with that grenade"?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Go jump on a dido, boss! -Moira Burton, RER2

What in the moist barrel of fucks? - Moira Burton, RER2

This guy are sick - Aerith Gainsborough, FFVII

I don't even know what a black cape is! - Tifa Lockhart, FFVII

I'm going to be a blitzball when I grow up! - dumb ass kid in Kilika, FFX

kether

Neo Member
"Suck my balls, my hairy fucking big balls, wrap them around your fucking mouth. I'm gunna shove it up your ass."

-Rogue Warrior

elliot5

anything from Dr. Loboto

Forsythe: "Is he okay?"
Loboto: "We won't know for sure until we get that squirrel checked for rabies..."

"The green man told me to wait until the brain bumbler."
"That's not the brain tumbler."
"Oh, I guess I'm escaping then. Bye!"

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

FEtHiCN.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
81981561.jpg

"Quit now and cake will be served immediately."
"The Enrichment Center is committed to the well being of all participants. Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all."
"Remember When The Platform Was Sliding Into The Fire Pit, And I Said 'Goodbye,' And You Were Like 'No Way!' And Then I Was All, 'We Pretended We Were Going To Murder You.' That Was Great."
“This is your fault. I’m going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don’t even care, do you?”
~GlaDOS
Portal

the cake is a lie

Last edited:

Jsisto

“The Universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience. Why should you deserve special consideration within it, Augustus, above all else?” Ulyaoth speaking to Pious Augustus in Eternal Darkness : Sanitys Requiem.

Kuranghi

This from Max Payne 3 always brought a smile to my face:

"I wouldn't know right from wrong if one of them was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister..."

-Max Payne

I love a lot of the dialogue in that game, Max Payne 1 and 2 are just as good in different ways but I prefer the tone of 3 overall.

MAy Payne 2:
"The past is a puzzle, like a broken mirror. As you piece it together, you cut yourself, your image keeps shifting. And you change with it. It could destroy you, drive you mad. It could set you free." and nearly anything from Duke3D, Blood and Shadow Warrior. Man, 90s build engine fps were great.

BlackTron

I was pretty floored by some of Sheik's lines in OOT when about to teach you a song.

The flow of time is always cruel.
Its speeds seems different for each person, but no one can change it.
A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days.
In order to come back here again, play the Minuet of Forest.

Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow, it never ends.
A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water's surface reflects growth.
Now listen to the Serenade of Water to reflect upon yourself.

Banned
"There was a blind spot in my head, a bullet-shaped hole where the answers should be. Call it denial" -May Payne (Max Payne 2

I don't know why but I love that quote

Last edited:

Tschumi

I think it's cute - like, kawaii - that you kick off your op with a halo quote that isn't

"This cave is not a natural formation; it must lead somewhere!"

Jokes aside, there are so so many to choose from. An ocean of them. I wait a moment for one to rise to the top and ...

"Maneuvers IN progress"
- Tank Commanders, C&CRA2

Top Bottom