• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best videogames of 2022 - New Yorker

Swift_Star

Banned
Ragnarok will be absent from the most alternative list, my guess. It will be placed in good spots on the more mainstream gaming-centered media.

I love that GT7 gets some recognition. It’s the game I played the most this year, by far. 160 hours. And I’m nowhere near feeling done with it.
Alternative list with Elden ring and Cyberglitch?

M1Cs1cQ.gif

poodaddy

Gold Member
I think it’s ok. The really boring ones will be coming from Gamespot, IGN, etc. But the best one will come from GAF. :D
I am actually curious how it'll go for once. Usually I'm pretty sure how it'll go for our goty lists, but with such strong love for both Elden Ring and Ragnarok, for once I actually think this years goty could be a somewhat contentious race. Interesting time to be a gamer....it's an embarrassment of wealth when it comes to choices of quality, which is a pretty good problem to have.

Last edited:

yurinka

Could you explain why they should be there according to you ? They are both huge disappointements.
Because I agree most of the people on thinking that instead of huge dissapointments they are awesome games that should be in the top 10 best games of the year.

They make important improvements and add great things to their series in several areas like narrative, visuals, traversal gameplay, combat, level design and more to achieve an outstanding result on these areas improving what they did in previous entries and in some cases even doing the best job ever done in their genre / game type.

Like every other game ever released, they have areas that could be improved but overall did an awesome job in most areas resulting on a great overall game quality. I think that out of the games released this year -depending tastes- only Elden Ring deserves at the same or above level than them.

Last edited:

Killer8

Ragnarok will be absent from the most alternative list, my guess. It will be placed in good spots on the more mainstream gaming-centered media.

I love that GT7 gets some recognition. It’s the game I played the most this year, by far. 160 hours. And I’m nowhere near feeling done with it.

I am glad to see GT7 finally getting some respect. The game is a beautifully made return to form that is slowly going from strength to strength in the updates.

Top Bottom