• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best VPN?

CloudNull

Banned
Express vpn is fantastic and i highly recommend it. It is worth the extra price. Whatever vpn you go with make sure you know which country they keep their servers at. Also, verify that you have no dns leaks after enabling the vpn. I am unable to post links because of mobile but there are several free websites to test leaks out there.
Also smart choice on not using a free service.

Lrnex

I definitely get the free ones being shoddy on security but if you’re only wanting to use one to watch out of region content on Netflix are there any free options that work decently?

Fbh

Not sure what you need it for but to unlock US Netflix and accessing some other regional locked content Surfshark has worked well for me.

Got it really cheap last Black Friday

Last edited:

Velius

Banned
Not sure what you need it for but to unlock US Netflix and accessing some other regional locked content Surfshark had worked well for me.

Got it really cheap last Black Friday
I definitely get the free ones being shoddy on security but if you’re only wanting to use one to watch out of region content on Netflix are there any free options that work decently?
No, Netflix is not my thing. I like to uh... sail the waters. The great sea. Arrr!!!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I have Private Internet Access and honestly has been fine with no problems but I think they sold out to some shady company....and no matter what they say it doesn't change the fact they are an American company.

When my subscription ends in a couple months I'm going with Express VPN. I used their trial and was really impressed. I don't care if it's more expensive.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Banned
I have Private Internet Access and honestly has been fine with no problems but I think they sold out to some shady company....and no matter what they say it doesn't change the fact they are an American company.

When my subscription ends in a couple months I'm going with Express VPN. I used their trial and was really impressed. I don't care if it's more expensive.

I used PIA for a while. It worked okay but was not a fan of their server location and setup. I went over to Express afterwards and have not looked back. The user experience is so much better and currently I respect the companies policies.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm still using PIA and it seems to be working fine. Though, I have noticed in the last month or 2, when using the auto selector, it has been defaulting to Canada and sometimes Mexico. For years of using it, it always selected US locations automatically, so I just find it slightly odd but it still works just the same.

Fbh

No, Netflix is not my thing. I like to uh... sail the waters. The great sea. Arrr!!!

Lol, well haven't tried it for that.
But right now with no VPN I'm getting around 180mbps and while connected to the VPN I get around 130mbps. Not too bad IMO though I don't how it compares to other ones.

The only issue I have with it, is that they have a "auto connect to the fastest server" button which generally doesn't connect me to the fastest server

Last edited:
On the note of Free VPN's , it is just like a free AntiVirus (Taking up disk space, Wasting memory/CPU resources, no where near as secure as you would think..)
If you are tech savy, I would totally reccommend checking out WireGuard. It wouldn't be getting merged into the linux kernel if it wasn't great :)

I guess if you are just looking for the quickest option, NordVPN or ExpressVPN would be an alright option

Top Bottom