• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best way to track down a PS5 Digital?

ethomaz

Banned
If you wanted a PS5 it should be hard but doable…

Now PS5 DE is an unicorn.

Sony production is basically focused on PS5 with disc… DE is less than 30% of the production only.

Gamerguy84

Get lucky. There are far less of these. I've never even seen one for sale and I've gotten PS5s for friends and family that isn't tech savvy enough to do it.

Target is rumored to have a pretty big drop over the next few days so keep your notifications on.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I lucked out randomly hitting Best Buy's website at the exact right moment to get a PS5 Digital. Thats the best I can tell ya.

Great Hair

Banned
Hmm ... try a usb gps tracker.
Stand Up Kiss GIF by Amy Schumer HBO

ReBurn

Gold Member
I did this:

After some time they sent me an invitation and I bought one. There were disc and digital on the store when they let me in.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
For me if I cannot walk into the store or just log into Amazon and buy it, its too much trouble.

But I also have a 3080 so its not really an urgency for me.

I know someone who just asked the clerks at their local electronics store when the shipments would come and they got a couple that way.

Keep an eye on target and Best Buy. They as recently as December had new shipments. Every now and then their sites announce when there will be another shipment coming.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
HotStock worked for me recently. My spouse wanted their own and I downloaded the app. I turned on Notifications. It wasn’t the link from the app, but it led me to Wario64’s Twitter and they posted about Amazon. I had to press his link multiple times, but it worked. This was a week ago too. If anything, HotStock will alert you whenever they’re available. I’m not sure if the app is available everywhere in the world. Any type of notification alarm and a keen sense of trying/retrying on a website will work.

Last edited:
not that i'm trying to get a PS5 but i use this site to keep track of multiple retailers selling popular products:

used it recently to find a Switch OLED and i used it in 2013 to get a PS4 at launch. anyway as you can it's a UK site so if you aren't in the UK it won't help but i'm sure there is probably a similar site for whatever country you're in.

Last edited:

SpaceJamJordan

Neo Member
You've already subscribed twitter accounts that notify which is good. The other thing that helps me a lot when trying to get one is to already have accounts made for GameStop, Walmart, best buy & Target, So that one you add to the cart you can check out right away. You won't be fumbling trying to enter in card info and all. That alone make it easier. Also target drops are always going to be the best (to me) because you are only going against ppl for the allotment at your local store rather than the whole US.

Top Bottom