• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda Removes Starfield And Redfall Mentions From Gamescom Blog Post

Draugoth

Gold Member
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/b...entions-from-gamescom-blog-post/1100-6506654/

Maybe don't get your hopes up for Starfield and Redfall to appear at Gamescom.

Bethesda has seemingly dashed hopes of seeing new gameplay for Starfield and Redfall at Gamescom. Fans on Reddit discovered that Bethesda quietly removed a line pertaining to both games from its blog post hyping up a community event at the German gaming show next week.

The blog post originally said (via Eurogamer), "Come see Redfall and Starfield gameplay and get your hands on Fallout 76 while you're there. Of course, we also have a few surprises and goodies in store for you." However, the blog post has now been edited to remove all mention of Starfield and Redfall.

Starfield won't be entirely absent from Gamescom, however, as Bethesda is bringing Starfield's robot companion VASCO to the show and will let fans take selfies with it.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Well, for the sake of people looking foward hope that just means they don't want people to be spoiled and its not one of those delays they love to announce.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Stephen Colbert Shhhh GIF by MOODMAN

I don't know why companies try to do these things quietly when they almost always are noticed.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They just put out a 20+ min Redfall video, not sure what else they would have shown.

Maybe an in person demo kiosk ? But I guess they don't have a vertical slice available.

If it were going to show up anywhere the Game Awards would make more sense. Or just don't even bother and wait to do it next year. The game has a while before it's out anyway. Hell, it actually reminds me of the Oblivion delay, and that game turned out amazing.

Stuart360

Some people really need to get the emote buttons disabled by the mods just like the report button. They know it's their "get out of jail free card" to troll and provoke. Actually very sad.
He was giving out laughing smilies in the thread about Bethesda releasing some of the older Elder Scrolls titles to Gamepass. I mean what is there about that to troll about lol?
Some people are weird.

As for the thread, the Starfield Deep Dive was enough for me. I know what the game is now and yeah its pretty much my dream game. Not too bothered if i dont see it again to launch.

Thus far with Starfield I only have 3 major concerns. Is there a V.A.T.S. like system in or not? I love that system too damn much for it to not be in Starfield. Second, we are suppose to be able to customize VASCO. I was most surprised to not see that in the gameplay reveal, and I hope it's still going to be in the game considering he's supposed to be such an important companion. He's suppose to be capable of being customized more specifically for combat purposes. I pray that's in the game still.

Would be very cool if he had additional uses, such as to extend your carrying capacity while on the move or offering other types of non-combat assistance in the field. Can VASCO help with certain tasks in the field or on the ship we aren't aware of outside of maybe carrying stuff or combat? I know the very first trailer hinted at him repairing our ship. Was that just for the cutscene or can he really do that? Is he the source of a Starfield Universe take on V.A.T.S? I see no reason why they can't tie Starfield's Universe in some small way with Fallout's, if only to have V.A.T.S..

Lastly, are there land type vehicles?

So much I can't wait to learn.

Starfield has at the very least a whole nother year left before its ready to be shown off again. Just work on polishing for the next gameplay reveal and hopefully they can even show it in a solid 60fps next time

hemo memo

Gold Member
Starfield has at the very least a whole nother year left before its ready to be shown off again. Just work on polishing for the next gameplay reveal and hopefully they can even show it in a solid 60fps next time
Or don't bother and put that work into actually polishing the product as knowing Bethesda it'll be a glitch fest at launch. I wouldn't mind a year delay honestly.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
For me, the less trailers for Starfield the better. I want to go dark until release, but I don't have the will power to avoid them. I know what a Bethesda Game Studios game is, and I already know I'm going absolutely LOVE Starfield and devote many hundreds of hours into the game.

Ezekiel_ Ezekiel_ can I please get a smiley reaction too; I need to bump up my reaction score. Just want to say I appreciate all the hard work you and Rivet Rivet do to raise the reactions scores for all of us Green Rats.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Or don't bother and put that work into actually polishing the product as knowing Bethesda it'll be a glitch fest at launch. I wouldn't mind a year delay honestly.

Agreed. Their games already are known to have issues and its one of the few teams where I welcome that delay lol

For me, the less trailers for Starfield the better. I want to go dark until release, but I don't have the will power to avoid them. I know what a Bethesda Game Studios game is, and I already know I'm going absolutely LOVE Starfield and devote many hundreds of hours into the game.

Ezekiel_ Ezekiel_ can I please get a smiley reaction too; I need to bump up my reaction score. Just want to say I appreciate all the hard work you and Rivet Rivet do to raise the reactions scores for all of us Green Rats.

Same, but I'm not ready to go dark just yet, I need a bit more....theeeeeeeeen dark lol I don't know if I'll love it like their past games and do hundreds of hours, I hope so, but its hard to say. Maybe the building shit will get me in as I loved that shit in Fallout 4 with the settlement and just spent way too much time for my own good with that lol

Its a day 1, but its a huge maybe if it will fall into the Fallout / Elder Scrolls vibes for me. That will come with time. This is one those few teams where I know the game will have bugs day 1 Same with Battlefield. Some IP and teams do something so different, where that is the only place you can get that concept done exactly like that.....and its still a day 1 and I just don't give a shit.

dont_give_a_shit_morgan_freeman.gif

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Maybe the building shit will get me in as I loved that shit in Fallout 4 with the settlement and just spent way too much time for my own good with that lol

I didn't think I would like the settlement building and planned to ignore it in FO4, since it was optional. I ended up loving it, and like you spent WAY too much time with it.

fermcr

So much drama!
I liked what I saw about Starfield. Very hyped. Pity they won't show anything at Gamescom, but game only releases next year.

9beafb5d1dc6afd91a654c7e65ec56a79cd075e854c77c0935503993769c1ce4.jpg

Last edited:

irony GIF

Are you excited to play Starfield?
After Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 how could you not be excited for this game to release? I still have 11-11-22 marked on my calendar.

Sure, what was shown so far doesn't look good at all but since it's a lock for GoTY I have no doubts it will be greatly improved once it releases.

Last edited:
After Fallout 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 how could you not be excited for this game to release? I still have 11-11-22 marked on my calendar.

Sure, what was shown so far doesn't look good at all but since it's a lock for GoTY I have no doubts it will be greatly improved once it releases.

I can’t tell if you are joking or not. Personally really loved Fallout 3 as well as Skyrim (even if it is still the weakest in the franchise for me) and enjoyed Fallout 4, despite its many issues. Fallout 76 was pure cancer though.

Robb

Gold Member
I wouldn’t mind more demos/info on both, but on the other hand they’re quite far away now with the delay so maybe it’s for the best.

MScarpa

But I thought Fallout 4 and 76 were bug ridden? You're excited for a game that doesn't look good at all? This is a direct quote from you, April 27, 2022. 🤥

"Everyone has to like the game? I paid good money for it, close to release, wanting to like it based on all the positive reviews.

I also hated Fallout 3, so there's a clear pattern of me just not liking their games. If you like them good for you.

What is funny is that people that like the game can't never point to what it does well, other than being big and having good mod support (something that no decent game should depend upon"

Stuart360

But I thought Fallout 4 and 76 were bug ridden? You're excited for a game that doesn't look good at all? This is a direct quote from you, April 27, 2022. 🤥

"Everyone has to like the game? I paid good money for it, close to release, wanting to like it based on all the positive reviews.

I also hated Fallout 3, so there's a clear pattern of me just not liking their games. If you like them good for you.

What is funny is that people that like the game can't never point to what it does well, other than being big and having good mod support (something that no decent game should depend upon"
He's a troll if you cant tell, a troll just back from 2 consecutive bans lol.
Mods must keep him around for the laughs.

Unlike the other user, you seem to have "missed" the fact that I was clearly being ironic in that last post.

The old post you quoted is about Skyrim not Starfield. Yes I hate pretty much every game Bethesda released since Morrowind, I was always pretty clear about that. You obviously knew that when you asked me your question.

I didn't rule Starfield out and will likely still play it despite the fact that it looked rough if it ends up being good. I really doubt anyone actually thought what they showed looked good in any way (no wonder it got delayed). I have no problem admitting when a MS game looks good, it's not my fault that it doesn't happen very often.

I'm an idiot.
Well there it is, finally something we both agree on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom