• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 PS4 and Xbox One versions reportedly cancelled

EDMIX

Surprised the whole game isn't cancelled.

But they probably saw the result of Cyberpunk and did the right thing.

Agreed.

I'm ok with them moving it to other systems if the concept they have just doesn't work on last gen systems as to why the delay. They are trying something new and different and I'm ok to wait and let them take their time to take a chance on a new concept.

Sentenza Sentenza Maybe, maybe not. The way I see it, even if its in the same universe, but different characters, story etc it can still be a solid game. None of us have played it to even know how deep it goes into that universe to really say it even needs to identify more or less. People attack Ubisoft for playing it safe and doing some yearly thing with AC, then get mad when they revamp the whole thing to do something different and then get mad when Beyond Good and Evil isn't some copy and paste.... so....it sounds like many would be mad regardless as they've now put this game as some religious thing in their minds where ONLY THEM ALONE could tell you what it "should be" or something.

I don't know if you go in some alternate universe machine and get 10 versions of Beyond Good and Evil 2, that you are ok with it, like ever.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Filldo

Didn't they announce years ago that it was being developed for next gen systems? I was definitely under the impression that there was never a PS4 or Xbox One version planned...

fatmarco

This is the same game that was trying to exploit unemployed artists to create assets for them in the hope of maybe getting paid right? Yeah, fuck this game lol.

It's a joke at this point, and can anyone really explain what the game is trying to be? BGE 1 was a fun little adventure game, what the hell is this?

I was really excited about this when it was announced, 13 years ago, as a followup to the cult classic first game. I really don't understand why they thought turning this into a GaaS, open-world, prequel / reboot (worked so well for Mirror's Edge) was a good idea, considering nobody even remembers the first game at this point.

What do you think, should they rename this to something other than "Beyond Good And Evil 2"?

EDMIX

dad easter GIF

Ubisoft believes in generations

I'm planning that Dexter rewatch soon lol

I think Ubisoft in this situation likely sees that the development has so many issues and is so many years before release, that they know by the time they come out with it, the install base will be healthy enough and they'll need to compete with other next gen only titles.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Looks like one of those overly ambitious titles like Star Citizen or Cyberpunk that will either be cancelled or never live up to the hype.

I'm more concerned about the amount of "underly ambitious" AAA games that get released nowadays. Overly ambitious is something I want big AAA developers going for. Cyberpunk reviewed well on PC and Ubisoft has a 35+ year track record of releasing games, unlike whoever's making Star Citizen.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Elios83

The whole project will be cancelled eventually.
Ancel isn't the director anymore and Ubisoft is only interested in GaaS and F2P business models these days so the game won't be anything like the original.

Esppiral

What they showed back then didn't even remotely resemble the original beyond good and evil so while they are at it they should cancel the game too.

Ellery

The good thing with this game is that my expectations are either that it will never come out and be outright cancelled or will be an absolute mess.

So whatever happens I can only win.

Dodo123

The question is if they plan to cancel the current gen versions as well and release only on PS6 and Xbox XYZ

SCB3

Just cancel it completely, this game is never coming out, the Original was decent enough but I have no idea why a sequel is even happening much less clamoured for, the whole thing feels like a scam, especially with that "Paid in Exposure" Graphics design company that Joseph Gordan-Levitt is an owner of

Top Bottom