• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 PS4 and Xbox One versions reportedly cancelled

Umbasaborne

Banned
Good, also, i fully expect that when this game is shown again. The open solar system will be gone and the scope will be reduced to an open world map the size of one of their ac games. Its an awesome concept, but i dont think they will get it to work.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I thought the game was canned 😂
Also

ubisoft not a grain of creativity over there.
It’s a place you go as an artist to die.

and get groped ofc 😂

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Shocked Jaw Drop GIF

Kuranghi

Star Wars meets No Mans Sky meets Assassins Creed with a heavy dose of CO-OP in mind?

What a load of shite, thats just a polished version of the alpha they had years ago, and half the things they talked about in the video weren't even in the footage, just alluded to like the zooming in on the bank building.

They even had the exact same bit with the animal-hybrids on the beds, I don't think this game will ever come out or if it does it will be like a shell of a game. No offense to the devs but they should just stop and make something else before its too late and their reputation will be tarnished.

LordCBH

They should just cancel this shit game already since it’s not really a sequel to the first one and sounds dumb as fuck.

CamHostage

Didn't they announce years ago that it was being developed for next gen systems? I was definitely under the impression that there was never a PS4 or Xbox One version planned...

The first announcement for it was in 2008... back then, PS4 and Xbox One were next-gen systems.

However, who knows what that project has in relation to the game they've actually revealed as BG&E2. That teaser had Jade and Pey'j as its central characters, and by the time the game was re-announced, new characters were the focus. (I'm not sure if Jade is even in the sequel? Supposedly there's a young-Pey'j being teased and this is a prequel project, although I'm unclear on the story known so far if anybody can help.)

There was also "target render" footage leaked (which Ubisoft weirdly game out officially later?) of a BG&E2 level, with what looks like Jade in an open, encounter-filled chase sequence.

You are correct that, when the 2017 re-announcement came of BG&2, there was an idea that it was a heavy project and was maybe pushing into the next-generation of hardware. AFAIK, they never even announced any platforms for the project, so them saying PS4/X1 is canceled may be the first confirmation they were ever trying to fit on PS4/X1 in the first place.

Last edited:

Aenima

Saw this coming the moment they showed the gameplay footage. Looked way to ambitious without being clear what the game would be really about.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Sadly it was way to ambitious to exist without a clear direction. Its a always a shame when new interesting concepts get canned. Either way, makes it just that much easier to skip any future ubisoft titles unless they make a new rayman platformer (lol). Still its a shame

Top Bottom