• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond good and evil movie??

http://www.bgemovie.com/

aparently, there is a BG&E movie coming out, and from the looks (the credits in the bottom of the page) they'll probably start filming soon. I never heard anything about this nor I know anything about the people involved in this project, has it ever been mentioned that Ubisoft sold the rights for a movie?

Edit: this could be a fan-project, I can't find the director's name on imdb :_(

FoneBone

Hey, I know who might be interested!

filmtv268.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
gamespot just credited GAF for this 'rumor'

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/05/news_6130286.html

RUMOR #3: Ubisoft's Beyond Good & Evil is getting the silver-screen treatment.

Source: Gaming Age forum posters and a convincing-looking official movie Web site.

The official story: "This project is not connected to Ubisoft in any way. Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention."--Ubisoft rep.

What we heard: Games becoming movies. They're becoming as common as... well, movies becoming games. A posting on Gaming Ages' forums may have uncovered yet another small-screen to big-screen transmogrification. A Web site for a Beyond Good & Evil movie is up and running, and it looks completely authentic (even though Uwe Boll isn't attached). Proof enough, right? Well, not exactly. A "DVD Video" logo tucked in the corner indicates this won't make it to the local Cineplex. And a quick look at the films' studios' Web site reveals that it may not even make it to your local rental store--the site simply shows a timer counting down to September 10, presumably its release date. An Internet search on Google and IMDB for director Oliver Langdon, who seems to do everything but cater the set, yields zilch except a reference to a theater director. Considering that no one actually even played the stellar Beyond Good & Evil from Rayman creator Michel Ancel, save for a handful of educated gamers, no real studio would green-light this project. The film, if it is indeed on its way, is likely the work of a fan, and not a major studio. We'll wait for Ancel's next project, Peter Jackson's King Kong, and see if that gets made into a film.

Bogus or not bogus?: Beyond Good & Evil? This won't even get Beyond the director's VCR. Bogus.

Andrew2

Banned
I've always said it would be awesome if Ubisoft had BG&E adapated for a CG short and make it along the lines of Kenea. As for which studio managing work, Sony Imageworks or DreamWorks Animation heading up the project.

Wario64 said:

Source: Gaming Age forum posters and a convincing-looking official movie Web site.

The official story: "This project is not connected to Ubisoft in any way. Thanks very much for bringing this to our attention."--Ubisoft rep.

What we heard: Games becoming movies. They're becoming as common as... well, movies becoming games. A posting on Gaming Ages' forums may have uncovered yet another small-screen to big-screen transmogrification. A Web site for a Beyond Good & Evil movie is up and running, and it looks completely authentic (even though Uwe Boll isn't attached). Proof enough, right? Well, not exactly. A "DVD Video" logo tucked in the corner indicates this won't make it to the local Cineplex. And a quick look at the films' studios' Web site reveals that it may not even make it to your local rental store--the site simply shows a timer counting down to September 10, presumably its release date. An Internet search on Google and IMDB for director Oliver Langdon, who seems to do everything but cater the set, yields zilch except a reference to a theater director. Considering that no one actually even played the stellar Beyond Good & Evil from Rayman creator Michel Ancel, save for a handful of educated gamers, no real studio would green-light this project. The film, if it is indeed on its way, is likely the work of a fan, and not a major studio. We'll wait for Ancel's next project, Peter Jackson's King Kong, and see if that gets made into a film.

Bogus or not bogus?: Beyond Good & Evil? This won't even get Beyond the director's VCR. Bogus.

Mom, MOM, LOOK, I'm famous now

Wario64 said:

Good job Gamespot, you just ruined this guys project.

Wario64 said:

Is it just me, or does that kind of make it sound like people here said it was theater-bound, when most of this thread showed healthy skepticism?

Wario64 said:

"How dare fans do something with our valuable and highly-employed license! They could disrupt our secret deal with Uwe!"

I understand protecting their intellectual rights and such, and prohibiting people from profiting off their license, but if it's just a fan or a bunch of them mucking about, "Oh boy, fresh meat, thank you GameSpot!" is a bit of an unpleasant response. It's like you can't make this stuff anymore unless you absolutely do not talk about it, and then you're limited to only your skills and maybe the skills of very close friends. Or if you work for G4 or MTV, but then you're only allowed to make it if the end result looks like crap.

crunker99

This is on Uwe Boll's movie schedule, along with the likes of Dungeon Siege, along with:

Far Cry (2006) (announced)
Fear Effect (2006) (announced)
Hunter: The Reckoning (2006) (announced)
Night Claws (2005) (announced

OH yeah we are in for a treat.

By the way did anyone see the Bllodrayen trailer..? I am so upset he ruined one of my favorite game girls. Also they insist on mispronoucing Dhampir.

Top Bottom