• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF 2042 bots will be really difficult to tell from real players

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-...ally-hard-to-tell-apart-from-humans-says-devs

Talking about the difficulty of the AI in Battlefield 2042’s Battlefield Portal modem Design Director Justin Wiebte of Ripple Effect Studios states that players will have a “really hard” time telling the difference between AI bots and real human players.

We’ve tried to put a lot of effort into making them play just like a player would. So it would be really hard for people to tell the difference between an AI and a real human player because they will run around, they will drive vehicles, they will pick each other up, they will drop [each other] off at objective locations and things like that – it’s a very intelligent system. And then you can tweak and tune some of the things they are and aren’t allowed to do, including how difficult they are to play against.

Be interesting to see how they do this. I played with the BFII bots in co-op missions. They were okish, still had stiff movement paths and sometimes they wouldn't engage you if you didn't engage them, which mean you could crouch walk past them with guns pointed at each other. They played well as the hero classes though.

Thats nice and all till we actually get the game and bots are just standing around like idiots.

I rather have 32 v 32 than have bots to fill a 128 player lobby

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Meryl Streep Doubt GIF

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Source: https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-...ally-hard-to-tell-apart-from-humans-says-devs

Talking about the difficulty of the AI in Battlefield 2042’s Battlefield Portal modem Design Director Justin Wiebte of Ripple Effect Studios states that players will have a “really hard” time telling the difference between AI bots and real human players.

Be interesting to see how they do this. I played with the BFII bots in co-op missions. They were okish, still had stiff movement paths and sometimes they wouldn't engage you if you didn't engage them, which mean you could crouch walk past them with guns pointed at each other. They played well as the hero classes though.

Reality: Bots will use cheats/hacks like the players do.

HTK

Banned
I want to play against real humans, could care less about bots. I mean it's great to fill in lobbies but if it turns out that you're playing bots majority of the time I won't play the game.

jaysius

Banned
Excellent, so they'll camp and drive off with all the vehicles despite me using the "I need a ride" button at spawn, then they'll for planes into the ground, respawn and repeat.

Fake

Imagine you seeing your worldwide scoreboard be like 'numbers of bot you killed', if they show the numbers of time you die they sure will show that.

Fuck bots. They better have servers without them.
Rather play on a full server with some bots than a botless server with hardly anyone on.

You know thinking about it, if these bots are as good as they claim and they PTFO, then I'd rather play with bots because when your whole team isn't even trying to cap any flags, man that's so infuriating, I just end up leaving the server.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Fuck bots. They better have servers without them.

These days I'd almost prefer a server with bots instead of a server full of hacks and controller mods.. Anyway, BF games have had TERRIBLE AI in SP mode, the absolute worst in the business, so I don't have high hopes for this one.

JCK75

That's because if they just spin in circles shooting the ground, that's about how useful most real players are.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I dont want bots in an online multiplayer game. If you play it single player, fair enough

But on multiplayer? Urgh, people want this?

tr1p1ex

i could make a lot of bots look like real players.

start with tank campers in the spawn.

then have a bot taxi a plane to a flag and parachute out.

dot the server with loads of hill humpers.

then the zerg bots. just rotate from flag to flag.

then the hiding bots. just stick them in dark shadows and bushes and around corners and make them wait for enemies to pass.

and of course the aim bots - to simulate the aim bots and the really good players.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Rather play on a full server with some bots than a botless server with hardly anyone on.

You know thinking about it, if these bots are as good as they claim and they PTFO, then I'd rather play with bots because when your whole team isn't even trying to cap any flags, man that's so infuriating, I just end up leaving the server.
With full cross play and providing it’s a solid game you should never see empty servers.

NeoLed

I dont want bots in an online multiplayer game. If you play it single player, fair enough

But on multiplayer? Urgh, people want this?
They're only to fill empty slot on servers. Players will always replace them when they get in

With full cross play and providing it’s a solid game you should never see empty servers.

Then we will rarely see bots

Last edited:
Top Bottom