• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big the Cat features in leaked Sonic Frontiers footage

Bullet Club

Big the Cat features in leaked Sonic Frontiers footage​

The fan-favourite character is returning for a fishing mini-game

hEEw8PR.jpg

Off-screen Sonic Frontiers footage has appeared online showing the return of fan favourite Big the Cat.

Big, who first appeared in Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast in 1999, has his own fishing mini-game in the blue hedgehog’s next outing.

According to press reports, players can collect tokens in exchange for their fish catches, which can then be spent on various items such as Portal Gear fragments, voice diaries, Vault Keys or Amy’s heart collectible.

Sega recently confirmed a November 8, 2022 release date for Sonic Frontiers, which is coming to Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch and PC.

In an interview with VGC in June, Sonic Team studio head Takashi Iizuka stated there were no plans to delay Sonic Frontiers following its first gameplay reveal, which was poorly received by some fans.

“We really feel confident in the playtest results that we’re getting,” he said. “A lot of people are saying they had a lot of fun, they really enjoyed the game.

“So we realise a lot of people are watching the videos online and making assumptions, but we do feel confident based on the playtest results from the target demographic that are coming in and playing the game start to finish, they really like the game and we’re confident that we’re making a game that will be satisfying.”

Source: VGC

anthony2690

Banned
Spoilers man!

Also game confirmed good now, big has never been in a bad sonic game.

Sonic adventure 1 and 2 are great (granted his sonic 2 appearance is beyond brief) hehe.

I don't think Sonic the Hedgehog would stop to do fishing. It's just not in his character, y'know? He has a low attention span. Does Sonic Team even know what they're doing anymore?
Sonic adventure 1 and 2 are great (granted his sonic 2 appearance is beyond brief) hehe.
Look I'm going to say it. Sonic Adventure 2 sucks dick. I'm sorry but you know deep in your heart that it's true.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It surprises me to hear people say good things about this game, because all gameplay I've seen looks really janky and boring. Must be more fun to play than it looks I guess?

Moochi

He says the target demographic is having fun, which means the 7-11 year olds who haven't played enough games to know jank. I think Sega's criteria for success is a little different than neogafs.

decisions

This is a funny and nice to see addition. I don't know why people were hating on this game so much. To me it looks like a really fun and unique platformer, I definitely think it could be good.

Last edited:
How can this game goes even worse... what shit comes next? The chaos garden? E-102 Gamma? Amy Rose? Shadow with the guns?
Amy is already in the game. Also the hell is wrong with you? The Chao Garden is literally one of the best minigames in anything and Gamma is amazing. Hell I still think that Shadow is unironically cool and his game wasn't that bad. I don't understand classic Sonic fanboys. Frontiers is looking so better every time, hopefully they won't mess it up.

Last edited:

hEEw8PR.jpg

Off-screen Sonic Frontiers footage has appeared online showing the return of fan favourite Big the Cat.

Big, who first appeared in Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast in 1999, has his own fishing mini-game in the blue hedgehog’s next outing.

According to press reports, players can collect tokens in exchange for their fish catches, which can then be spent on various items such as Portal Gear fragments, voice diaries, Vault Keys or Amy’s heart collectible.

Sega recently confirmed a November 8, 2022 release date for Sonic Frontiers, which is coming to Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch and PC.

In an interview with VGC in June, Sonic Team studio head Takashi Iizuka stated there were no plans to delay Sonic Frontiers following its first gameplay reveal, which was poorly received by some fans.

“We really feel confident in the playtest results that we’re getting,” he said. “A lot of people are saying they had a lot of fun, they really enjoyed the game.

“So we realise a lot of people are watching the videos online and making assumptions, but we do feel confident based on the playtest results from the target demographic that are coming in and playing the game start to finish, they really like the game and we’re confident that we’re making a game that will be satisfying.”

Hyper sonic?

Saber

Gold Member
This is a funny and nice to see addition. I don't know why people were hating on this game so much. To me it looks like a really fun and unique platformer, I definitely think it could be good.

The same way people feel like this could be good(not wrong with this), theres people who thinks this could end up like shit for obvious reasons. But regardless of what I say, I expect to read the same "I dunno why people hate" type of posts, like the 20 last times.

the_master

hEEw8PR.jpg

I Hate fishing in gmes.

Especially in Sonic. After all the care saving animals trapped in evil robots and breeding chaos, you go have fun murdering fish?????

Also such a boring gameplay.

Sonic 3D always had problems with the alternative mechanics (other characters, wherewolf) and Bigs the cat was the worst of them all.

Top Bottom