• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Cosby Conviction Overturned

Loope

This did not happen. The media created this narrative by reframing his deposition. During the 60s and 70s Quaaludes (which is what he admitted to giving to one person) was used as a recreational drug. Similar to ecstasy and other drugs:

I'm confused, that makes it ok? Because, fuck me, the description is pretty telling:

Quaaludes (methaqualone) are a synthetic, barbiturate-like, central nervous system depressant and a popular recreational drug in the U.S. from the 1960s until the 1980s, when its use was made illegal by the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). The active ingredient, methaqualone, is an anxiolytic (lowers anxiety) and a sedative-hypnotic drug that leads to a state of drowsiness.

That doesn't make it better in my opinion. It's like saying that getting a girl shit faced and then have sex with her, when she's completely out of it, it's ok because it is not a illegal substance. There's a reason that shit was made illegal

One problem these 'it was just a party drug they took willingly before sex' defenders have is that a few of the accusers actually did not have sex with him.

For example, one woman did not drink at the Cosby family Christmas Eve party, so even according to her, when he started to molest her and she fought back, he stopped. He did not proceed to have sex with her. So did she know and consent to taking drugs before sex with Cosby when she unwittingly failed to take the drugs and fought him off?

Another woman for example said she did have a drink but was drinking slowly enough that she noticed that her drink was drugged before losing consciousness and started to scream at Cosby and attack him. According to her, he grew so mad he shoved her out the door. So did she consent to take the quaaludes to have sex with him, even though she fought him off and didn't have sex with him?

This does look like a pattern of Cosby putting drugs in women's drinks without their knowledge so that they would have no memory of being raped, and not proceeding if they were still aware enough.

LRKD

Good I don't know if he was innocent or guilty, but I do know that he wasn't given a fair trial. The judge should be sentenced to serve the rest of Bill's sentence for the bullshit he pulled during that trial, and then serve his own sentence.

Konnor

I'm confused, that makes it ok? Because, fuck me, the description is pretty telling:

That doesn't make it better in my opinion. It's like saying that getting a girl shit faced and then have sex with her, when she's completely out of it, it's ok because it is not a illegal substance. There's a reason that shit was made illegal

??? Other drugs are illegal and cause drowsiness too, does this mean that taking them with someone you want to have sex with is rape? If the girl knew she was taking them which is what Cosby was saying then it's not rape. Personally I doubt he was telling the truth but he never admitted to raping anyone.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

👀

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-fbd1e2dc-5844-4830-94a1-162746d16acf

Mount Touchmore.

Last edited:

joedan

Anyone that openly admits to putting stuff in someones drinks to sleep with them without their knowledge is scum.

Dude is a rapist and sick as fuck. The DA fucked up and the overturn is the right call. It is not fair but the current system is one of the best in the worlds. There is tons of places for improvement and I wish he could be tried again for his crimes. Kind of shit we can’t but I understand the reasoning.

From my understanding he never admitted this. He said he bought qualuudes for one but he denied giving it to any without their permission.

Top Bottom