• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

billbil-kun: A new announcement about Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater will take place within the next 10 days, possibly at June 6th.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Release date for MGS Δ: Snake Eater pushed back?

And this is the most important information in this article. Indeed, we found more precisely a release year for this remake which would be set at… 2025!

Looks like the game's going to miss its 2024 release date.

Perrott

I'm curious to see the cut-scenes. If they don't nail them this Remake will be a waste since they are not changing the design and gameplay.
The gameplay is being changed, it plays and controls like MGSV now, but yes, the level design and mechanics are still identical to those from the original Snake Eater.

What I wish they'd change - but they won't - was that stupid sequence about dressing yourself up as this Soviet commander who just happened to have Raiden's face. Ridiculous shit.

FeralEcho

After the Silent Hill 2 treatment,no thanks... I'd rather just replay the original than having them smear MGS3 through the mud as well...

diffusionx

Gold Member
The gameplay is being changed, it plays and controls like MGSV now, but yes, the level design and mechanics are still identical to those from the original Snake Eater.
This is what they did with Twin Snakes and it didn't work.

This version also looks totally soulless and after that horrible MGS collection and how SH2 looks right now I don't know who would be excited about this.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Huh, I wonder if this announcement will be on Xbox Showcase or if its own thing. Relations between Konami and Dorito Pope weren't the greatest after Kojima thing, so I assume it won't be a part of Summer Game Fest

RaduN

I'm curious to see the cut-scenes. If they don't nail them this Remake will be a waste since they are not changing the design and gameplay.
The cutscenes are frame by frame identical to original, using the exact same motion data and VA.
The one thing they could mess up though, is the actual characters faces/body, especially if they redraw them (to fit the new social norms lol) and don't use the hi-res renders that exist.

Last edited:
The cutscenes are frame by frame identical to original, using the exact same motion data and VA.
The one thing they could mess up though, is the actual characters faces/body, especially if they redraw them (to fit the new social norms lol) and don't use the hi-res renders that exist.

But that's exactly my fear, that they will fuck up the faces and face animations. It would basically kill the game considering it's so story heavy.

Boss Mog

I guess the only thing I wanna know is if the game will have wokeness injected into it like Silent Hill 2. Is that same consultant company working on it?

Kuranghi

What I wish they'd change - but they won't - was that stupid sequence about dressing yourself up as this Soviet commander who just happened to have Raiden's face. Ridiculous shit.

As much as it could go the TTS route and the gameplay doesn't fit the level design and breaks it, I dislike the moment to moment gameplay of MGS3 compared to 1, 2 and 4 (and 5 especially).

So if its now got MGS5 gameplay and moveset I think that could be a major upgrade for me personally.

Roni

Gold Member

You're drawing the line at a ridiculous sequence? In a Metal Gear game?

On topic, if they're really remaking MGS3 as they claim to be doing it: everything is the same, except gameplay; it is stupid and it ain't gonna work.

They're banking on no one saying shit because "it's basically the same game Kojima made", but that game was great when it came out in 2004.

Last edited:

Perrott

You're drawing the line at a ridiculous sequence? In a Metal Gear game?
Yes.

Although if we're talking ridiculous but horny... then I'm super fine with that.

nuCfECY.gif

RaduN

Hell no.Why would they do that?
Not only it's a very well done scene with, a lot of subtleties, but it's also an important character development moment.

FewRope

Yeah, they are going to make EVA fat. lol please

Roni

Gold Member
Like I said on the post, they assume people will just automatically praise the game they're putting out just because it stays faithful to the original. That's not what people want out of a remake: they want the creator to go beyond what the game already does and do more of it. Just releasing a 2004 game with a coat of paint 20 years later is not what fans want.

RaduN

Like I said on the post, they assume people will just automatically praise the game they're putting out just because it stays faithful to the original. That's not what people want out of a remake: they want the creator to go beyond what the game already does and do more of it. Just releasing a 2004 game with a coat of paint 20 years later is not what fans want.
There are a few highly debatable points here.

For starters, the creator has absolutely nothing to do with this remake, so any changes would not come from the author's desire to expand/improve. This is of utmost importance, especially in a game/series where the creator was so involved in virtually all aspects of the game.

Secondly, there are highly praised remakes like Sotc, DS that were strictly graphical remakes, only with tiny qol alterations here and there (which will be the case here as well) but nothing more. Frame by frame identical otherwise.

Furthermore, there already has been a certain MGS remake that changed things quite a lot and nobody liked that. And i mean nobody.

There's no conference on that day. So probably like the recent Silent Hill Transmission dedicated to this?

The Silent Hill Transmission was announced 3 days before the event and we are now less than 2 days away from the supposed date. They can announce a stream tomorrow or just drop the trailer out of the blue, who knows.

MGS5 gameplay with identical MGS3 level design makes zero sense to me. MGS5 was about speed, efficiency and full-on waging war on troops and outposts vs. the intimate and small "arena boards" of the earlier titles. I put like 200 hours into MGS5 and I really don't see how MGS3 levels can support that.

Anyway, like others said, I have as much faith in this as SH2. Probably less.

Embearded

I think they should make a few QOL changes and maybe include toggles for them.
For example i want more patrols per level. When i enter a new level, it will randomly select one. I know its bad news for speedruners, but it makes the game more interesting.
Update enemy AI, make levels bigger but maintain the design philosophy.

I love MGS3, i've played it hundreds of times and for many months it was the only game i had on PS2 back then.
If i want to have the exact same experience i can always do that.

So, last chance for this rumor to prove true is MS Showcase. Considering we had the first engine look at an MS event I think there's a high chance of it happening.

Top Bottom