• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant - Gameplay Footage (PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, PS4, Xbox One and PC)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on base PlayStation 4 & Xbox One.

Biomutant is coming to PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 25th, 2021.

PlayStation 4 Pro runs 1080p @ 60FPS with Dynamic Resolution
Xbox One X runs 1080p @ 60FPS with Dynamic Resolution

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on base PlayStation 4 & Xbox One.

PlayStation 4 runs 1080p @ 30FPS with Dynamic Resolution
Xbox One runs 1080p @ 30FPS with Dynamic Resolution

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on PC.

Minimum Requirements:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: AMD FX-8350 or Intel Core i5-4690K or newer running at 3.5 GHz or higher
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 4 GB Direct3D 11 capable video card - GeForce GTX 960 or Radeon R9 380
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated or dedicated DirectX 9 compatible soundcard

Recommended Requirements:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel Core i7-6700K or newer running at 3.2 GHz or higher
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: 6 GB Direct3D 11 capable video card - GeForce GTX 1660Ti or Radeon RX 590
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated or dedicated DirectX 9 compatible soundcard

Controller recommended.

LMJ

Was posted yesterday, PC footage is looking amazing but that console frame rate woof that's rough lol

30fps on the base consoles is a blurry mess, and the cutbacks on last gen machines (even pro versions)....

Vegetation
Shadows
Texture
Etc

Might wait to see if there is a next gen version now, if you have to go with current gen looks like the X is the way to go...

Pagusas

Elden Member
Phew I’m so glad we are in a platinum age of PC gaming.
Watching that kinda makes me want to try a switch emulator and play botw on pc. I can’t stand the low frame rate on the switch

Last edited:
I've made the decision to get it on PC, but man the menu's and the item selection looks a little mobile gamey like.

I really like the animation and the way the world looks. I hope the characters have dope personalities..I feel like that's whats going to separate this from just another alright game or it being something special

Kuranghi

Was posted yesterday, PC footage is looking amazing but that console frame rate woof that's rough lol

30fps on the base consoles is a blurry mess, and the cutbacks on last gen machines (even pro versions)....

Vegetation
Shadows
Texture
Etc

Might wait to see if there is a next gen version now, if you have to go with current gen looks like the X is the way to go...

I'm prob going for PC version just due to the price difference but I'd expect the PS5/XSX versions will just brute force locked 60 as worst and at best the DRS upper bound is set to 2160p or at least increased over 1080p.

Since its UE4 on PC you should be able to access the engines TAA + sharpening which will make even 1080p look 10x better with all that grass. It'll either use FXAA by default to clear up aliasing, or if it does use TAA I bet the default settings are shite. Thank god for ini editing!

As an aside, the quality of the PC video is absolute pish, its noisy as hell, I can't wait to see it native 4K from a channel that knows how to capture/encode/upload properly. So if you are impressed by the PC footage its going to look way better natively.

Pretty sure I'm gonna buy this game on pc
I've made the decision to get it on PC, but man the menu's and the item selection looks a little mobile gamey like.

I really like the animation and the way the world looks. I hope the characters have dope personalities..I feel like that's whats going to separate this from just another alright game or it being something special

PSA best PC price I've found for a global steam key:

£32.99 at time of posting.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Phew I’m so glad we are in a platinum age of PC gaming.
Watching that kinda makes me want to try a switch emulator and play botw on pc. I can’t stand the low frame rate on the switch
I've been playing BotW for the last month or so on CEMU and it's such a better experience. I've beaten BotW on Wii U and Switch and the CEMU version is miles ahead. 3440x1440 75+fps. Such a better experience. Using the Pro controller and gyro for aiming too. Use CEMU though, it has WAY more options for BotW and runs it WAY better than the Switch Emulator(Yuzu).

cf8AgFa.jpg
Ht5jGkg.jpg
PM0yjSf.png

---------------------------------

I too get BotW vibes from Biomutant and have had my eye on it for a very long time. I really like what I've seen. If they can nail that sense of exploration from BotW while making the combat more exciting and engaging, they could have a big hit on there hands. I'm not completely sold on some of the footage I've seen of the combat, but that could boil down to me just not liking the way the person is choosing to play. Only a few more days until we know more.

Last edited:

Paulistano

I've been playing BotW for the last month or so on CEMU and it's such a better experience. I've beaten BotW on Wii U and Switch and the CEMU version is miles ahead. 3440x1440 75+fps. Such a better experience. Using the Pro controller and gyro for aiming too. Use CEMU though, it has WAY more options for BotW and runs it WAY better than the Switch Emulator(Yuzu).

cf8AgFa.jpg
Ht5jGkg.jpg
PM0yjSf.png

---------------------------------

I too get BotW vibes from Biomutant and have had my eye on it for a very long time. I really like what I've seen. If they can nail that sense of exploration from BotW while making the combat more exciting and engaging, they could have a big hit on there hands. I'm not completely sold on some of the footage I've seen of the combat, but that could boil down to me just not liking the way the person is choosing to play. Only a few more days until we know more.
If they have huge areas with little to no things to do they will nail it alright, you just need to made everything climbable and have a anoying stamina bar.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Console footage is rough.

And some people want to keep this cross-gen nonsense going for a few more years why exactly? Let them die a noble death.
Going last gen will haunt them it’s hell for hardcore graphic fans I personally think we could see next gen versions beginning with PS5.

If the pro/x versions are using dynamic res will it be higher on XSX and PS5 even in back compat? Want to buy this on Series X but will wait if it's locked to only 1080p...

Fredrik

This went from day 1 to I don't think I'm getting this. It just seems kinda week. Trailers made it look cooler.
For me this came out of nowhere, I remember seeing it years ago and lately I’ve seen character creation. But it looks miles better here imo. Like I’m blown away, looks like it plays extremely well, the BOTW traversal and the speed and action is really impressive, and the world looks pretty too, and to end it with opening a chest after that fight was brilliant. It really does look like a more action oriented BOTW.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Why did this game took ages to come out? I remember playing this game three or four years back on gamescom.
Yeah, I was wondering the same. I know it's been developed by a VERY small team comparatively to what's common for a game like this. I'm hopeful that it's they just wanted to incorporate some of those sweet sweet BotW ideas into their game......I can hope can't I?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This game look completely different every time a video was leaked or shown...
And it looks kinda... not that interesting

Isa

Gold Member
Despite the (intentionally or not) odd visual style I really like what they've got going on here. The comic styled sound effect visual cues are cool, and it looks like a game I can replay a few times trying different builds and routes. Plus backpack-chopper and mechs man. Its so ambitious I love it, I hope this is decent enough and sells well.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
This game look completely different every time a video was leaked or shown...
And it looks kinda... not that interesting
I keep going back and forth on whether I'm loving what I'm seeing or disappointed. It's very weird. One video I'll watch and love everything about it, then I'll watch a combat video and feel less than enthusiastic about it. Def. one I'll keep an eye on and hope it delivers.

trikster40

Really hoping this turns out good. So weird that it’s coming out in like 10 days and we are just now seeing some good gameplay footage.

Krizalidx11

Banned
Is it me or this game got lots of stock Unreal Engine 4 visual effects ?!! it doesn't look unique enough where you couldn't tell it's UE game, Outriders and MK11 look so god you couldn't tell they're using UE4

mcjmetroid

Really hoping this turns out good. So weird that it’s coming out in like 10 days and we are just now seeing some good gameplay footage.
It's been around for a while.. gameplay footage. For whatever reason though the major sites didn't start reporting it until now.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Is it me or this game got lots of stock Unreal Engine 4 visual effects ?!! it doesn't look unique enough where you couldn't tell it's UE game, Outriders and MK11 look so god you couldn't tell they're using UE4
Not to be the detractor, but I could tell almost immediately from looking at Outriders that it was an UE game. Not saying it looks bad, but it was very, VERY easy to tell with Outriders. MK11 though, I had no idea until YOU just said it. Though, I'm not one to think that just because it's a UE game that it'll automatically look a certain way. Art direction makes a HUGE difference and there are many UE games that are stunning that I'd have no clue was UE unless someone told me. I would have never guessed that Final Fantasy VII was UE or Borderlands 3 or Yoshi's Crafted World, UE has a ton of utility, art direction is what makes the biggest difference.

Last edited:

Krizalidx11

Banned
Not to be the detractor, but I could tell almost immediately from looking at Outriders that it was an UE game. Not saying it looks bad, but it was very, VERY easy to tell with Outriders. MK11 though, I had no idea until YOU just said it. Though, I'm not one to think that just because it's a UE game that it'll automatically look a certain way. Art direction makes a HUGE difference and there are many UE games that are stunning that I'd have no clue was UE unless someone told me. I would have never guessed that Final Fantasy VII was UE or Borderlands 3 or Yoshi's Crafted World, UE has a ton of utility, art direction is what makes the biggest difference.

FF7R looks really good and one of those games where it doesn't look like UE4 game, until mr.Nomura decided to adds tons of particles in all battles regardless of them making sense, like this video you can see Cloud's sword which is made of steel making tons of sparks when touching the skin of a wild beast that doesn't wear armor or any kind of metal to make that much sparks, that's when i felt this game looks so UE4 game

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Why did this game took ages to come out? I remember playing this game three or four years back on gamescom.

It looks unfinished from what I've seen. Sound syncing, combat and AI really below average. I'll buy the game just for the sake of exploration and other stuff, but really the combat looks unfinished and needs some real polishing.

It looks unfinished from what I've seen. Sound syncing, combat and AI really below average. I'll buy the game just for the sake of exploration and other stuff, but really the combat looks unfinished and needs some real polishing.
I have finished the review (embargo doesn't lift till 24th) I highly recommend you that you stay away from this product and save your hard earned $60. That's all i'll say.

But as far as why and what exactly in details I can't say until then. But so far its a no go.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Don't understand the hate at all for this game. PC footage looks great. Big world. Many many different ways to play the game. Looks more fun and interesting than most Sony or Microsoft first party games to me.

It's not exclusive and its not a AAA game being shoved down our throats via millions of dollars of marketing spend so of course this forum aren't going to take to it.

Also the console footage represents how most people here will have to play it as well unfortunately.

So of course people are going to hate on it.

I have finished the review (embargo doesn't lift till 24th) I highly recommend you that you stay away from this product and save your hard earned $60. That's all i'll say.

Huge respect for the embargo there then.

Not.

Who do you write for? You talk big game on these forums yet never actually disclose who write for or give examples of your work? Why should anyone listen to you?

It's not exclusive and its not a AAA game being shoved down our throats via millions of dollars of marketing spend so of course this forum aren't going to take to it.

Also the console footage represents how most people here will have to play it as well unfortunately.

So of course people are going to hate on it.

Huge respect for the embargo there then.

Not.

Who do you write for? You talk big game on these forums yet never actually disclose who write for or give examples of your work? Why should anyone listen to you?
LOL. I can talk as I please just as much as you can talk how you please. Nobody is forced to listen to anybody. It's their human right choice and who and what they want to listen to.

Also, I don't think you understand how embargos work. Embargos strictly ask you to not talk or speak details about the game specifically. You are more than allowed to say hint here or there without exposing the full score and going into details why you recommend something or don't.

Embargos also differ from title to title. Some have extra rules, while others are very strict. For example, 1 game may allow you to stream a certain portion of the game at a specific time and date and have you post a preview piece prior to its release with a detailed impression, others don't allow anything else except a review until a specified date. In Biomutant case, we are not allowed to post gameplay footage, write a preview or anything else. Game strictly has a review embargo for the 24th.

Also, please if you ever find out who I wrote for or where I work make sure to NOT visit my website. We don't need snarky people like you, you don't deserve us :)

Actually, what is your IP address? I'll have it banned so you never to mistakingly click on it. By the way, you have a really narrow ignorant mind. Just thought I'd let you know.

Last edited:
Solid reply. You should look at Karak Karak as an example of how to conduct yourself if you want to be taken seriously.
I am sorry my dude, but I am not too worried whether I am taken seriously or not on a random game forum. As I said, I am the way I am and I am not changing anything or anybody for the sake of pleasing some random individual on a game forum.

I know who I am and what I do. I don't need others to tell me how I should feel about myself. I apperciate your input, thanks but no thanks.

Also, what reply did you expect when you yourself came off condescending tone? Seriously? You just expect people to bow down to you? Lol

Last edited:
I can confirm the game runs with HDR and 60 fps on Xbox Series X through BC boosts. It is what the product was reviewed/played on.

GHG

Gold Member
Embargos strictly ask you to not talk or speak details about the game specifically. You are more than allowed to say hint here or there without exposing the full score and going into details why you recommend something or don't.

Telling people not to stay away from a product is not a hint in the slightest, that's outright giving a recommendation. How do you think it works for outlets like eurogamer who do give scores?

But hey, you can get away with what you want if you don't disclose the outlet you write for 🤷🏾‍♂️

I am sorry my dude, but I am not too worried whether I am taken seriously or not on a random game forum. As I said, I am the way I am and I am not changing anything or anybody for the sake of pleasing some random individual on a game forum.

I know who I am and what I do. I don't need others to tell me how I should feel about myself. I apperciate your input, thanks but no thanks.

Also, what reply did you expect when you yourself came off condescending tone? Seriously? You just expect people to bow down to you? Lol

It's not a matter of bowing down to anyone. You're constantly telling people you are a journalist on this forum but yet you do so with zero accountability for how you conduct yourself.

Top Bottom