• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant - Gameplay Footage (PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, PS4, Xbox One and PC)

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
1027648-D-3-CB0-46-F2-8597-6-A21-E6665-A10.png
Ambiguous reply is killing my interest in the game.

Telling people not to stay away from a product is not a hint in the slightest, that's outright giving a recommendation. How do you think it works for outlets like eurogamer who do give scores?

But hey, you can get away with what you want if you don't disclose the outlet you write for 🤷🏾‍♂️

It's not a matter of bowing down to anyone. You're constantly telling people you are a journalist on this forum but yet you do so with zero accountability for how you conduct yourself.
Where am I constantly shoving in peoples faces that I am a journalist? And I did tell people who I wrote for, if you ever bothered to check any Review thread and had reading comprehension, then you would know. Self advertising on the site is not really allowed hence why I do not mention it or talk about it in random thread a lot unless its in an official game review thread where everyone is allowed to link their stuff. Its also my human right whether I want to disclose where or who I work for. Whether you want to believe me or listen to me in what I have to say is your personal choice.

I am not going to argue semantics with you when I have been reviewing games for over the last decade or so and never broken any embargos or ran into issues with publishers. I work and still work with many high profile publishes including EA, Activision, Ubisoft and so on. Recieved a an early copy of Valhalla, Black Ops Cold War, It Takes Two, Baland Wonderworld and most reentry Biomutant along with Mass Effect Legendaru Edition. As I said, go check previous review threads for those titles if you absolutely have to know who I work for. Sounds like you can't sleep at night if you won't know at this point.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone my man.

You have your opinion and belief and that's fine.

Also, why are you so obsessed with me in every thread dude? You bug me all the time, it's getting old dude. Find someone else to bug please, thanks.

Last edited:
Where am I constantly shoving in peoples faces that I am a journalist? And I did tell people who I wrote for, if you ever bothered to check any Review thread and had reading comprehension, then you would know. Self advertising on the site is not really allowed hence why I do not mention it or talk about it in random thread a lot unless its in an official game review thread where everyone is allowed to link their stuff. Its also my human right whether I want to disclose where or who I work for. Whether you want to believe me or listen to me in what I have to say is your personal choice.

I am not going to argue semantics with you when I have been reviewing games for over the last decade or so and never broken any embargos or ran into issues with publishers. I work and still work with many high profile publishes including EA, Activision, Ubisoft and so on. Recieved a an early copy of Valhalla, Black Ops Cold War, It Takes Two, Baland Wonderworld and most reentry Biomutant along with Mass Effect Legendaru Edition. As I said, go check previous review threads for those titles if you absolutely have to know who I work for. Sounds like you can't sleep at night if you won't know at this point.

Also, why are you so obsessed with me in every thread dude? You bug me all the time, it's getting old dude. Find someone else to bug please, thanks.
Did you review Pc, console or both?

Did you review Pc, console or both?
Valhalla Xbox Series X and then Ubisoft provided a code for PS5 a day or 2 later. The final review was on Xbox Series X.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War was on PS5.

Balan Wondereland was not reviewed by me, but by my staff writer.

It Takes Two was reviewed on PS5.

Biomutant was/is being reviewed on Xbox Series X.

Valhalla Xbox Series X and then Ubisoft provided a code for PS5 a day or 2 later. The final review was on Xbox Series X.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War was on PS5.

Balan Wondereland was not reviewed by me, but by my staff writer.

It Takes Two was reviewed on PS5.

Biomutant was/is being reviewed on Xbox Series X.
Ah ok. Just meant for this game. I only play on PC so often console reviews especially ones with possible performance issues are not really worth watching for me. Thanks for the quick response.

MaKTaiL

Wait.... it won't come with a PS5 version out of the box? It went from a must-buy to "I'll will wait" for me.

Wait.... it won't come with a PS5 version out of the box? It went from a must-buy to "I'll will wait" for me.
The game is playable on both PS4 and PS5. Just doesn't have a dedicated native patch or additions for the new gen systems. However. It does benefit from the backwards compatibility boosts.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

Self advertising is fine here on occasion, nobody is going to call you out as long as you disclose the content is your own and you're not constantly doing it.

It makes no sense to say "I'm under embargo but I've reviewed it and don't recommend this game". In doing that you are literally breaking the embargo. Like I said, how do you think it works for websites like eurogamer who don't give scores but instead give essential/recommend/avoid rankings?

There's literally another active thread discussing the poor state of gaming journalism at the moment and you didn't hesitate to tell people you are a journalist there, all the while defending the click bait articles that plague the space at the moment. Based on your conduct here I can't say I'm surprised that that's your stance.

If you don't want to be judged as a "professional" then you should never state your profession here. You can't have it both ways. That's just my opinion, you're free to take it or leave it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here are the first 21 minutes of Biomutant PS5 gameplay (4K 60fps).

In Biomutant, you play as a wandering, genetically modified rodent trying to save the world. The manner in which you do that is up to you. The open world exploration, crafting system, hack-and-slash combat, and unique tone all combine to make Biomutant an interesting experience. Featuring various classes and character customization, you can create the genetically modified pest of your dreams and try to save the Tree of Life.

This is the PlayStation 4 version of the game running on PlayStation 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom