• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant - Gameplay Footage (PS5, XSX, XSS)

Bullet Club

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on PlayStation 5 in Quality Unleashed mode.

Biomutant is coming to PlayStation 5 on September 6, 2022.

The native PlayStation 5 version features faster loading times, HDR as well as DualSense and Activity Card support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:
- Quality Mode: Native 4K (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 30 FPS
- Performance Mode: Native 1440p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 60 FPS
- Quality Unleashed: Native 4K (with Dynamic Resolution) @ up to 60 FPS

If you already own Biomutant on PlayStation 4, you can upgrade FOR FREE and bring your old save files and trophies with you.

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on Xbox Series X in Quality Unleashed mode.

Biomutant is coming to Xbox Series X|S on September 6, 2022.

The native Xbox Series X version features even faster loading times and HDR support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:

If you already own Biomutant on Xbox One, you can upgrade FOR FREE and bring your old save files and achievements with you.

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on Xbox Series S in Quality Unleashed mode.

Biomutant is coming to Xbox Series S on September 6, 2022.

The native Xbox Series S version features even faster loading times and HDR support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:

- Quality Mode: Native 1440p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 30 FPS
- Performance Mode: Native 1080p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ stable 60 FPS
- Quality Unleashed: Native 1440p (with Dynamic Resolution) @ up to 60 FPS

If you already own Biomutant on Xbox One, you can upgrade FOR FREE and bring your old save files and achievements with you.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Jesus, I've been debating getting this game ever since the somewhat lack luster performance reviews but many have said the team has improved the game alot, but still concerned how repetitive the game play becomes. I might try the ps4 demo available or keep hope up to see if it comes to Gamepass or PSPremium.

Alebrije

The game is fun but left it because Elden Ring...will try this update on PS5. For me the worst part is the dialogs , that crap language and the voice always translating. its anoying.

Chukhopops

For those who have played the game, performance issues aside, is it any good?
Finished it last year, it’s somewhere between decent and good. There were no performance issues on XSX.

Pros: fun combat with a lot of options, character customization, interesting world;
Cons: story is quite poor, repetitive after a while, a lot of cut content and game mechanics, this awful narrator.

Worth a try if you can get it for cheap.

jaysius

Banned
Animated GIF

Last edited:

rubhen925

gotta love a 4K capture in a 1080p video. Whoever rendered the video was clueless. That aside glad this is getting the next gen ports. They fixed a bunch of issues after launch and is a much better game now.

Star-Lord

I remember seeing early previews for this when it was originally announced, and thought it looked pretty cool. But when it came to the final release, it was...disappointing. I may be tempted to dip back in.

GymWolf

It is clearly more than they can chew, but it is charming nevertheless.

It is a pretty relaxing open world game with borderlands loot, great graphic for a AA and relaxing traversal and overworld music.

I played at launch but by now they probably ironed out all the bugs.

Play on max difficulty if you want even a bit of challenge.

20-30 dollars is the right price.

P.s. you can shut up the gibberish and narrator from tje options.

Last edited:

Miles708

Jesus, I've been debating getting this game ever since the somewhat lack luster performance reviews but many have said the team has improved the game alot, but still concerned how repetitive the game play becomes. I might try the ps4 demo available or keep hope up to see if it comes to Gamepass or PSPremium.
There's a demo?

EDIT: oh only if you have psplus, boooo.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Biomutant is a game I’ve been curious about, but sources in every direction are screaming at how mediocre it is. I’ve watched so many reviews, as well as read user reviews, and it’s pretty much the same thing. A beautiful open world devoid of life, and even a lack of standard enemies to fight. Melee combat lacking impact. Guns have no punch. Like the developers tried cramming too much into the game, and none of it was done particularly well.

Even the Biomutant Subreddit is devoid of life.

I tried to find a reason to buy this, but just couldn’t. Anyone on the fence I’d say do your research.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Free upgrade to PS5 version, nice.

I enjoyed the game. It is pretty strange, but if you like roaming an open world and gearing and leveling up, it scratches that itch. It's not a AAA experience but the unique characters and game world make it at least feel different.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Honestly, one of the bigger disappointments in last few years. Combat becomes super repetitive fast, exploration doesn't seem very rewarding, and the story is very basic. Some cool mounts you can get and interesting crafting mechanic, but overall feels like they tried to do too much with it.

Von

Picked this up for ten bucks CAD the other day for SX, so I’m good ‘n ready.

I was pretty pumped for the game when the gameplay was first revealed, whenever that was, but I figured I’d sit on it til they patched it out.

GymWolf

Biomutant is a game I’ve been curious about, but sources in every direction are screaming at how mediocre it is. I’ve watched so many reviews, as well as read user reviews, and it’s pretty much the same thing. A beautiful open world devoid of life, and even a lack of standard enemies to fight. Melee combat lacking impact. Guns have no punch. Like the developers tried cramming too much into the game, and none of it was done particularly well.

Even the Biomutant Subreddit is devoid of life.

I tried to find a reason to buy this, but just couldn’t. Anyone on the fence I’d say do your research.
That's a pretty harsh but kinda true overview of the game, they patched some punch on the combat but still pretty unremarkable (at least enemies fly away with ragdoll when they die).

Enemies variety is pretty good visually, but mechanically they are pretty similar.

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on PlayStation 5 in Quality Unleashed mode.

The native PlayStation 5 version features faster loading times, HDR as well as DualSense and Activity Card support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:

If you already own Biomutant on PlayStation 4, you can upgrade FOR FREE and bring your old save files and trophies with you.

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on Xbox Series X in Quality Unleashed mode.

The native Xbox Series X version features even faster loading times and HDR support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:

This unedited gameplay footage has been captured on Xbox Series S in Quality Unleashed mode.

The native Xbox Series S version features even faster loading times and HDR support. Players will be able to choose between three different modes:

You forgot the best Biomutant showcase

Fredrik

Don’t remember the camera being this zoomed out. When was this patched in?
Camera being too close was one of the things that annoyed me, made the action too much about rotating the camera to see what was going on.
I should keep playing, not sure why I stopped.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I played the original but didn't finish it. Couldn't care about the story told partially by horribly designed flashbacks, the combat was mediocre and having the narrator instead of normal dialogues quickly became annoying. The best part was world exploration - it's rewarding and interesting. Depends on what you expect fron an enjoyable video game I guess.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Very cool. I didn't realize that this game didn't already have a native PS5/XSX version.

Definitely gonna get it this winter, been on my radar since launch. Looks like a fun game.

Where’s the vrr mode that can uncap the framerate up to 120?

abcdrstuv

Banned
game sounds so-so but those 'unleashed' graphics... one of the best-looking next-gen games I've seen, textures are sharp, motion's fluid, vivid, defined colors. they have the 'foggy'/'milky' thing a lot of games do to make draw distance simpler, but otherwise.. AAAA

Top Bottom