• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock 4 Might Be PlayStation Exclusive According to Leak

Rolla

Banned
Amidst all that, a leaker has stated that Bioshock 4 might in fact be PlayStation exclusive. In his podcast, Youtuber Xbox Era, states that he is not aware of the fact that whether it will be a fully exclusive title or a timed exclusive. The leaker had a decent track record, but as with all leaks, this should be taken with a grain of salt.

I saw this on reddit and in the XBOX OT on the other site.

Update

Reputable insider Imran Khan:

"I can't answer that. But I'm just saying, that might be closer than we think," Khan said of the time in which some new PS5 titles might come about.
"There are games in the near future that look very, very, very good. And like, somewhat jaw-dropping, I would say."

Last edited:

Maximusz

Just give me a new Bioshock.

Animated GIF

If Playstation can lock down a massive AAA game like Bioshock then, in my opinion of course, what's happening behind the scenes has to be more than just money.

The metrics they're presenting to publishers in order to make such deals happen must be stark.
It gone to be timed exclusive this is Take Two we are talking about here it will come to PC on same day as PS5 and will come to Xbox later it is a timed exclusive if true. Hell might even come to the Switch Pro if the Switch pro specs are good enough to run it.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

You know the difference. No one complains that Ratchet isn't on the Xbox.

Ratchet has been a Playstation IP since the Start.

Bethesda has never done an exclusive game for XBox and Xbox hasnt built any of these IP’s ( Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Arkanes games, etc )...They just paid for a bunch of established IP’s. Thats a Moneyhat at the highest level lol.
Not the same at all

Probably because MS havent had much success making any relevant new IP’s of there own recently

Last edited:
Good. This is clearly total war happening behind the scenes and I find it funny when I get warned or other people banned for “console warring”, more like a slight jab or tease while these titans are slaughtering each other other, fighting for exclusives and pieces of the market share, all guns blazing.

Anyway, massive if true, obviously. Huge brand, well recognizable and loved. First Bioshock still one of the 🐐.

zeorhymer

That's fine. Have these creatively bankrupt companies keep buying the studios and have their employees make a new studio that will wow the audience in a few years time.

mckmas8808

Banned
I'd say there's a difference between buying studios to be involved in development and publishing their games vs throwing cash at random titles to keep them off another platform for 6 months.

Yeah buying Bethesda\Zenimax is worse!

- MS didn't just buy a timed exclusive .
- MS didn't just buy a game to make it exclusive for life.
- MS didn't just buy a developer.
- MS BOUGHT A WHOLE PUBLISHER FULL OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIOS!!!!

You know the difference. No one complains that Ratchet isn't on the Xbox.

One developer that they've worked with closely for 20 years, versus buying a publisher and like 12 dev studios to make ALL the games exclusive. Stop with the stupidity! I hate when people applaud MS for spending $7.5 billion to keep 30+ games exclusive for life, but get mad at Sony for buying the timed exclusive rights to a few games during a whole generation.

You people are sad.

Brofist

Ratchet has been a Playstation IP since the Start.

Bethesda has never done an exclusive game for XBox and Xbox hasnt built any of these IP’s ( Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Arkanes games, etc )...They just paid for a bunch of established IP’s. Thats a Moneyhat at the highest level lol.
Not the same at all

Probably because MS havent had much success making any relevant new IP’s of there own recently
None of that really matters. Sony bought some studios, they make games for Sony. MS bought some too. Just that the Bethesda purchase is fresh in everyone's mind.

Sony hasn't made shit, their bought studios make their games. They've just had good success in getting good results from their acquisitions.

Unk Adams

Banned
The original Bioshock was billed as a Xbox and Windows exclusive back in the day and we all know how that turned out (a PS3 version was released shortly after). The front cover next to the Xbox 360 logo even advertised it as such.

92631-bioshock-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg

Brofist

Yeah buying Bethesda\Zenimax is worse!

- MS didn't just buy a timed exclusive .
- MS didn't just buy a game to make it exclusive for life.
- MS didn't just buy a developer.
- MS BOUGHT A WHOLE PUBLISHER FULL OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIOS!!!!

One developer that they've worked with closely for 20 years, versus buying a publisher and like 12 dev studios to make ALL the games exclusive. Stop with the stupidity! I hate when people applaud MS for spending $7.5 billion to keep 30+ games exclusive for life, but get mad at Sony for buying the timed exclusive rights to a few games during a whole generation.

You people are sad.
You sound like the one who is sad. I'll give you a pass though, you are the most OG fanboy on the site. Showing these youngins how it's done.

I don't support timed exclusives from any side. And I don't even own an Xbox btw.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
You sound like the one who is sad. I'll give you a pass though, you are the most OG fanboy on the site. Showing these youngins how it's done.

I don't support timed exclusives from any side. And I don't even own an Xbox btw.

No I don't mind that MS is going all out with guns blazing. I get it. I just don't cry about it. It's always been part of the game, so why do people need to cry now?

oldergamer

I dont know if i believe the rumor but as so far as exclusive first person shooters goes, xbox has more then its share

OrionNebula

How? Just buy a PS5. It isn't that hard. Or........................................................you guessed it. Wait a year to play it on XSX.
I have a ps5. That’s not the point, here. Timed exclusives are just bad for gamers, in general. The negative it brings far outweights the positive, for gamers. This turn it’s in your favor, the next it may not, screwing you for a year. Since not that many gamers will actually want to cough up $500+ because a game’s ‘’delayed’’ for a year, but only for your team (if you only have one console). Ain’t nobody’s ever gonna convince me timed exclusives are good for gamers, but you’re welcome to try if you have the need for it

ZehDon

After Levine left and Irrational was shuttered, I expected 2k would need some kind of financial incentive to get another one made. I half expected the licence to be sold off.

Of course, Infinite was a disappointment for some, and it certainly wasn't a massive financial success after such a protracted developed cycle, so I'm not sure a new Bioshock would be all that big of a get, frankly. But hey - if timed-exclusive money hats gets us some more immersive sims, I won't cry too loudly.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Moneyhats are at it again.
I think Sony kinda forced their hands with all these moneyhats. Death loop, ghostwire tokyo, forspoken, ff16, ff7 remakes, that new team Ninja ff game, and likely the mgs remakes. Bioshock is a big well known Xbox ip so i bet that pushed Phil over the edge and made him buy a huge publisher.

But then again, that frees up Sony to do more exclusives so i don't know.

All i know is that I'd rather this money go to their first party studios that are far more talented.

Top Bottom