• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock 4 Might Be PlayStation Exclusive According to Leak

Yeah buying Bethesda\Zenimax is worse!

- MS didn't just buy a timed exclusive .
- MS didn't just buy a game to make it exclusive for life.
- MS didn't just buy a developer.
- MS BOUGHT A WHOLE PUBLISHER FULL OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIOS!!!!

One developer that they've worked with closely for 20 years, versus buying a publisher and like 12 dev studios to make ALL the games exclusive. Stop with the stupidity! I hate when people applaud MS for spending $7.5 billion to keep 30+ games exclusive for life, but get mad at Sony for buying the timed exclusive rights to a few games during a whole generation.

You people are sad.
If you are actually funding the creation of the game itself and make/lose money depending on how that game preforms, you are allowed to do whatever you want regarding exclusivity.

Sony has no real connection to the development of Bioshock 4 if it is just a timed exclusive. They just hand some cash out and say fuck you to anyone on a different system. It is a dirty and shitty practice regardless of who does it.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
200.gif

Ratchet has been a Playstation IP since the Start.

Bethesda has never done an exclusive game for XBox and Xbox hasnt built any of these IP’s ( Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Arkanes games, etc )...They just paid for a bunch of established IP’s. Thats a Moneyhat at the highest level lol.
Not the same at all

Probably because MS havent had much success making any relevant new IP’s of there own recently
Microsoft don't develop games nor does Sony they either create,buy,or pay a studio to make video games for their platform

Last edited:
Nice, wonder if 2k is getting a 150 million again like they did from epic for borderlands 3. Seems like publishers would be stupid not to do this with every big release.

Alan Wake

First line in article: "When you think of the best first-person shooters, Bioshock will be one of those games that will come to your mind."

Ehhhhhh, its certainly played from a FPP, I wouldn't really call it an FPS though, you barely shot things, although I didn't like/play Infinite so maybe you do a lot more in that one.

There was quite a lot of combat in the first BioShock. Remember the turrets? And the Big Daddies? Infinite had more of the same style of combat, but I thought it was a better game overall.

element

Is Ken Levine or Paul Hellquist even still with 2k?
Ken is Creative Director at Ghost Story Games, which is pretty much just Irrational rebranded. They have been working on something pretty much since old Irrational "closed".
Hellquist co-founded a new studio, Stray Kite Studios.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Wonder if we'll get a flurry of money hats from Sony in response to Bethesda purchase.

Possibly. That and I'm sure Sony will purchase a few new studios.

Competition is a good thing. Sony and MS are both battling it out to offer the best exclusive games for their platforms and gamers will benefit, especially if you're lucky enough to have both a PS5 and a Xbox/PC. Good time to be a gamer.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Amidst all that, a leaker has stated that Bioshock 4 might in fact be PlayStation exclusive. In his podcast, Youtuber Xbox Era, states that he is not aware of the fact that whether it will be a fully exclusive title or a timed exclusive. The leaker had a decent track record, but as with all leaks, this should be taken with a grain of salt.

I saw this on reddit and in the XBOX OT on the other site.

5bk7p8.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Amidst all that, a leaker has stated that Bioshock 4 might in fact be PlayStation exclusive. In his podcast, Youtuber Xbox Era, states that he is not aware of the fact that whether it will be a fully exclusive title or a timed exclusive. The leaker had a decent track record, but as with all leaks, this should be taken with a grain of salt.

I saw this on reddit and in the XBOX OT on the other site.

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 is this one of the bleeding xbox tactics you've previously heard of? No need to answer though ;)

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The problem (from my point of view) is that it is really weak. Microsoft expansion will give results in the coming years while Sony is buying timed exclusives.

Owning more devs could potentially hurt you with long periods of development. This is why Sony tend to as well finance other studios to make games and own the IP so in the future another studio internally or externally could develop it without worring about manpower management and all the expenses coming from it. Sony already releasing high volume of 1st part games yearly, pushing for more could see them cannibalize each other or conflict with other 3rd party games.

You really need to take smaller steps carefully as they already are making the right calls and expanding their trusted studios internally into several teams instead of spoiling too much money on acquiring studios with too many IP's that you won't finance.

There are many great IP's that Sony already holds, they only need to build new studios internally and hand them those IP's. You should not bite more than what you can chew.

Last edited:

Melchiah

Owning more devs could potentially hurt you with long periods of development. This is why Sony tend to as well finance other studios to make games and own the IP so in the future another studio internally or externally could develop it without worring about manpower management and all the expenses coming from it. Sony already releasing high volume of 1st part games yearly, pushing for more could see them cannibalize each other or conflict with other 3rd party games.

You really need to take smaller steps carefully as they already are making the right calls and expanding their trusted studios internally into several teams instead of spoiling too much money on acquiring studios with too many IP's that you won't finance.

There are many great IP's that Sony already holds, they only need to build new studios internally and hand them those IP's.

Yep. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Arkane under MS, since their games haven't exactly lit the charts on fire, like those of Lionhead's.

Top Bottom