• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and You: Navigating the Future of Tech (a NeoGAF discussion thread)

Got about 70% in bitcoin, 10% etherium and the rest in doge, shib (got some of the loss back with a smaller reinvestment) and sol.

Going to leave it all alone for a while now.

Met a guy yesterday who has been making a few quid mining using NiceHash on his laptop. Anyone got any experience or info on it?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Kadena is Babena!!!

Kadena is absolutely following the same pattern as AVAX during the last bull run. I am confident it will end around $30 towards the end of the cycle just like AVAX did, perhaps more since so many people are staking, bonding.

Kadena is a smart contracts PoW blockchain that can handle an stupid amount of transactions by sharding. It is fully descentralized, unlike Solana, and it was created by individuals with a lot of experience in the financial space.

Hnjohngalt

Kadena is Babena!!!

Kadena is absolutely following the same pattern as AVAX during the last bull run. I am confident it will end around $30 towards the end of the cycle just like AVAX did, perhaps more since so many people are staking, bonding.

Kadena is a smart contracts PoW blockchain that can handle an stupid amount of transactions by sharding. It is fully descentralized, unlike Solana, and it was created by individuals with a lot of experience in the financial space.

That is one hell of a pump in one month. Damn near 4 x in 30 days. Wow.

godhandiscen

That is one hell of a pump in one month. Damn near 4 x in 30 days. Wow.
People are realizing the superiority of the technology, so right now it is in price discovery mode. It just started getting featured by YouTubers.

Last edited:
Man, I only have OMI, and each day it seems better and better, really hope their move to a new chain will have them listed on coinbase, right now it's just a pain in the ass to buy lol.
I only invested $1000 a year ago, it's worth $1800 now, it's definitely a long term hold for me.

Lognor

Banned
In regard to Kadena and it not being available yet on some of the major exchanges, it got me thinking. Once coins like this make it to Coinbase, Binance, and other larger exchanges do they typically take off? Like, am I better going out of my way to get a strong technical coin before it makes it to one of these exchanges? I dunno. It's been such a bull market in crypto that maybe it's hard to say.

godhandiscen

In regard to Kadena and it not being available yet on some of the major exchanges, it got me thinking. Once coins like this make it to Coinbase, Binance, and other larger exchanges do they typically take off? Like, am I better going out of my way to get a strong technical coin before it makes it to one of these exchanges? I dunno. It's been such a bull market in crypto that maybe it's hard to say.
Yes, they typically take off. That is why you need to find coins when they are low market cap gems before they get to the big exchanges. The best play is to watch the space for new coins, figure out what the tech is, whether there is a market for it, and if you decide is worth it, adopt a position on it using one of the less popular exchanges. Coinbase is a normie exchange, I have all of my ETH staked there, but I use it for the peace of mind. For initial investments, I'll make an account wherever I need to.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Yes, they typically take off. That is why you need to find coins when they are low market cap gems before they get to the big exchanges. The best play is to watch the space for new coins, figure out what the tech is, whether there is a market for it, and if you decide is worth it, adopt a position on it using one of the less popular exchanges. Coinbase is a normie exchange, I have all of my ETH staked there, but I use it for the peace of mind. For initial investments, I'll make an account wherever I need to.
Okay thanks.

I'm heavy into stocks and I've seen with OTC securities that once it is announced that they will be listed on a major exchange there is usually a nice upward movement in the price, but typically after its listed the price drops, often below its OTC price. This feels like a similar situation so I was curious if prices started to trend downward after the listing. But maybe not, and again, maybe not enough data points.

I might open a small position in kadena, but I'm sticking with btc and eth primarily since they aren't as risky, comparatively.

MadAnon

Ah yeah, the next crypto mania. Everything's repeating just like the previous bubble. Everyone thinks they are Warren Buffett because they turned 100$ into 1000$ during a mania. The amount of new coins increasing faster than the population of India.

'enter random name'.io (with same webpage designs)

"With our new coin we gonna change toilet industry forever. With our patented POS (proof of shit) algorithm we can track everyones shit on a blockchain. No more 'who clogged the toilet?' problem. Let's shit responsibly! For each shit you will get a token you can buy and sell. No more human feces on the streets.

It's running on the latest blockchain 8.0 technology and is AI accelerated. Here you can see the pictures of our team so it doesn't look like we are faceless scammers. This John Shitmaster, our project leader. He previously worked for Pampers as the chief technical advisor, so he knows his shit. Here's our whitepaper template with few words shuffled around.

We believe that with the power of blockchain we can change the way we shit. Let's change the world one shit at a time!"

Big portion of this space seems to me like solving problems where there are no problems. Suggestions to buy all kinds of crap (because they have a whitepaper and "partnerships") in hopes of 1000s% returns. This will end well, not! Winter is coming.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
FLOKI is pumping right now :) several smaller exchanges listed the token now. Some bigger exchanges are expected to come any day now after severel teases from the team.

We had an update today on the Valhalla game. :) And thats now planned for the week:

- Tuesday: Marketing Announcement
- Wednesday: World Champion Floki Partner reveal
- Thursday: Marketing Announcement

They teased Kucoin Exchange listing this week or around next week.

Iam really curious who the worldchampion on top his career is supposed to be.

If everything will work out the next Floki pump with change my life :D

Last edited:
FLOKI is pumping right now :) several smaller exchanges listed the token now. Some bigger exchanges are expected to come any day now after severel teases from the team.

We had an update today on the Valhalla game. :) And thats now planned for the week:

- Tuesday: Marketing Announcement
- Wednesday: World Champion Floki Partner reveal
- Thursday: Marketing Announcement

They teased Kucoin Exchange listing this week or around next week.

Iam really curious who the worldchampion on top his career is supposed to be.

If everything will work out the next Floki pump with change my life :D
Which has more promise FLOKI or DOGELON ELON?

Hnjohngalt

Ah yeah, the next crypto mania. Everything's repeating just like the previous bubble. Everyone thinks they are Warren Buffett because they turned 100$ into 1000$ during a mania. The amount of new coins increasing faster than the population of India.

'enter random name'.io (with same webpage designs)

"With our new coin we gonna change toilet industry forever. With our patented POS (proof of shit) algorithm we can track everyones shit on a blockchain. No more 'who clogged the toilet?' problem. Let's shit responsibly! For each shit you will get a token you can buy and sell. No more human feces on the streets.

It's running on the latest blockchain 8.0 technology and is AI accelerated. Here you can see the pictures of our team so it doesn't look like we are faceless scammers. This John Shitmaster, our project leader. He previously worked for Pampers as the chief technical advisor, so he knows his shit. Here's our whitepaper template with few words shuffled around.

We believe that with the power of blockchain we can change the way we shit. Let's change the world one shit at a time!"

Big portion of this space seems to me like solving problems where there are no problems. Suggestions to buy all kinds of crap (because they have a whitepaper and "partnerships") in hopes of 1000s% returns. This will end well, not! Winter is coming.
Believe it or not, there is a guy who made a token from sh@t literally. Every flush you earn tokens. I sh$t you not.

BigBooper

Does anyone else feel ethereum is a bigger long term play than bitcoin? Bitcoin has the first to market advantage and is seen as more legitimate, but I can see ethereum surpassing it in several years.

godhandiscen

Does anyone else feel ethereum is a bigger long term play than bitcoin? Bitcoin has the first to market advantage and is seen as more legitimate, but I can see ethereum surpassing it in several years.
I feel that and that is why I don't hold BTC. BTC has the mindshare, and its value is in the power of the investors staked in its ecosystem, however, without native smart contracts, it is up to layer 2 platforms (blockchains on top of the original blockchain) to carry their weight.

I am invested in Ethereum, Kadena, Solana and AVAX, and heavily weighted in ETH; the four of them are layer 1 smart contract platforms with a chance at taking over the decentralized finance/app ecosystem of the future.

Last edited:
I'm 90% ETH, 10% BTC. But I also hold a ton in miners (mostly mine BTC) HUT 8, Bitfarms, and Hive.

Which comes first, $10k ETH or $100k BTC?

GeorgPrime

Banned
Which has more promise FLOKI or DOGELON ELON?

I dont know. I dont care for Dogeelon. But maybe you can ask"The Gypsy King - Tyson Fury" about it:

5RDj7ZL.png

He just leaked the big announcement for tomorrow - Tyson Fury will be the first world champion to join #Floki as an official ambassador - you heard right... the FIRST.

More champions to join Tyson Fury soon.

ANd all the people who think that "Floki" is just a memecoin joke.... you cant be more wrong about it.

The team just told us that thanks to the billboard commercials and the charity stuff... all the "Big Names" want to work with Floki now. :)

We also took over London Heathrow Airport with 329 Billboards now. So we are doing marketing on following airports:

- Dubai Airport
- Amsterdam Airport
- Dublin Airport
- Hong Kong Airport
- New York JFK Airport
- London Heathrow Airport

Soon we will add Istanbul Airport to it and start with TV ad campaigns in Turkey and USA for two months.

And Floki will dominate the Miami Crypto Convention in the physical and the digital space (Miami Convention digital metaverse)

Last edited:

Irobot82

I dont know. I dont care for Dogeelon. But maybe you can ask"The Gypsy King - Tyson Fury" about it:

5RDj7ZL.png

He just leaked the big announcement for tomorrow - Tyson Fury will be the first world champion to join #Floki as an official ambassador - you heard right... the FIRST.

More champions to join Tyson Fury soon.

ANd all the people who think that "Floki" is just a memecoin joke.... you cant be more wrong about it.

The team just told us that thanks to the billboard commercials and the charity stuff... all the "Big Names" want to work with Floki now. :)

We also took over London Heathrow Airport with 329 Billboards now. So we are doing marketing on following airports:

- Dubai Airport
- Amsterdam Airport
- Dublin Airport
- Hong Kong Airport
- New York JFK Airport
- London Heathrow Airport

Soon we will add Istanbul Airport to it and start with TV ad campaigns in Turkey and USA for two months.

And Floki will dominate the Miami Crypto Convention in the physical and the digital space (Miami Convention digital metaverse)
You're like a walking ad. How much you get paid for this?

manfestival

Just started last week and invested small amounts of money into different coins to get a diversified portfolio. Bought some of the traditional big ones and a couple of meme coins. So far my best earners have been Litecoin, Monero, Polkadot, Dogelon, and Cardano. I did some cashing out since I saw those spikes and just going to wait for dips to buy back in.

Still learning about the whole thing but slowly. Figured I would throw money that I would burn anyways on stupid things. Found it to be kinda entertaining. Could use some more beginner advice. I know meme coins are not "safe" but I never view any investment as truly safe.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
You're like a walking ad. How much you get paid for this?

Nothing. I just bought Floki a few months ago and iam about to earn 60.000 Euro with it and more.

And i made a german twitter info fanpage about the coin. :)

Cant help when Floki is the best memecoin to check out right now :)

The more people know about it the better.

Last edited:

manfestival

Nothing. I just bought Floki a few months ago and iam about to earn 60.000 Euro with it and more.

And i made a german twitter info fanpage about the coin. :)

Cant help when Floki is the best memecoin to check out right now :)

The more people know about it the better.
Where do I go to get the Floki? I will throw some money at it. Any boost is a great boost. Even if I don't risk thousands of dollars on it

[strike]Was thinking of doing a bit of mining. I have a Ryzen 7 3700X and RTX 2060 - is NiceHash still viable? It seems easy enough to get going on there but I'm not sure if that's what people are still using.[/strike]

Nevermind, not viable in my situation after testing it out and realizing I'll spend more on electricity and possibly ruin my main machine.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

How do I get those Disney ntfs?

I think you have to use this platform. They use ETH as their underlying blockchain.

Hnjohngalt

Not sure if this is popular with anyone. But does anyone here create tokens to place in liquidity pools? Ive been watching videos on it for 1 week and I am still unsure if it worth the hassle for extra interest. Seems way to good to be true which spells scam to me. Otherwise i enjoy staking but doing the extra steps to create tokens then hope to god that someone uses my pool seems way to early for crypto me thinks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom