• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and You: Navigating the Future of Tech (a NeoGAF discussion thread)

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Why use ETH over KDA for NFTs? From what I read and watched, KDA is way cheaper and faster.
Disney didn’t build the tech here, they just partnered with an existing NFT platform that had previously built their NFT tech on top of ETH. ETH has a pretty stablished development ecosystem and with the PoS upgrade, the TPS will increase two orders of magnitude at least. It will be a year or so before Kadena starts gaining enough developer mindshare for DAPPs to be developed on it and it has to compete with tons of other smart contracts platforms, SOL, AVAX, etc. Kadena’s price is still cheap and a bet on the long term future of the platform, not where it is now.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
They just explained the Tyson Fury deal to us on Floki Telegram.

1. Tyson Fury will get full Floki Ring Attire for battles, he will wear it beginning next year in the next fight.
2. He will get his own Character, Region and other stuff in the Valhalla Metaverse.
3. He will do the voice for his own character in Valhalla
4. He will do an AMA with the Floki Community later.

On top of that the team already teased the next big partner, that is even bigger than Tyson Fury, for next week.

HInts: "Big in China, Big in Africa, Worldclass"

---

Iam just waiting for the next CEX listings now lol

Last edited:

Ellery

One thing to consider with crypto is that fundamental stuff usually doesn't matter that much (unless it is something really big, which could be the case with a certain someone defaulting which is one of the biggest companies in the biggest single asset class of the world, but that is just my speculation).
You cannot really know why crypto moves the way it does, unless you are someone so high up and rich/powerful that you don't have time to know what neogaf is.
It could be a case of some big whales in need of money to cover collateral or a massive amount of call options being closed (not actually sure if that would work like that in the crypto space).

In the end it usually boils down to big people with big money doing something and not something that randomly triggers a lot of people to simultaneously sell. Still could be, but it really shouldn't move that abruptly

godhandiscen

What happened there seems to be a dip across the board about couple hours ago, my holdings were down at least 10%.
It seems to be correlated to the market crash earlier today. China's Evergrande defaulted on their debt.

Hardensoul

It seems to be correlated to the market crash earlier today. China's Evergrande defaulted on their debt.
They did not default, but maybe fears of default?

godhandiscen

They did not default, but maybe fears of default?

Perhaps a massive miscommunication. I am getting conflicting reports too.

Lognor

Banned
Any of you making money on nfts? My friend has made thousands on top shot this year. I just started a couple of months ago and up about $200 profit. Chump change, I know. But easy money too.

godhandiscen

I bought more AVAX during the dip. It looked like it had the most short term upside.

ETH is recovering in a health fashion. BTC is struggling a bit. I wonder if people reallocated or if the market will dump again.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Since people were doing an active fud campaign against FLOKI... well... that happend..

CERTIK, main provider for security and audit for major crypto exchanges, is now the official Security Partner for #Floki. They will make sure that all Floki projects based on Blockchain will be up to industry standards.

Thats is fucking huge.

Thanks to Certik it will make verification on CMC much faster and they are preparing now contracts for all major exchanges. Just today we got two new Exchange listings and next week two more.

And they just announced a bonus Announcement:

YOU CAN NOW USE FLOKI TOKENS TO PURCHASE REAL ESTATE IN MIAMI

In what will be a first for cryptocurrency projects in our category, and indicative of FLOKI's plan to be the top memecoin and intention to disrupt the industry, FLOKI is excited to announce that FLOKI tokens can now be used to purchase real estate in Miami.

This is made possible through a strategic partnership with Real Estate Empire Group (REEG) which will see them start to accept FLOKI as a payment option to buy and lease real estate in Miami going forward!

While FLOKI has always been particular about our focus on utility being a main differentiator, this is a turning point for the FLOKI project as it further legitimizes the FLOKI token and enhances its utility.

Today at 3pm (EST) Jesus Castanon, President and CEO of Real Estate Empire Group (REEG), will announce the FLOKI partnership during his presentation at the Miami Crypto Experience event in Miami, Florida.

We will be providing you with more details later.

The real estate company will help with setting up "FLOKI ISLAND" at the Bahamas! xD

Iam really looking forward to the next PUMP now. xD

Next week we will also get a new floki ambassador... a international soccer/football star.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Just bought my first coins this weekend. Just some random buys on BTC, ETH, DOT, MATIC, and XLM.

I'm curious, do you guys keep your cash in fiat currency, or are you using stablecoins? If stablecoin, what is the favorite? I'm thinking about keeping cash in USDC on Coinbase, but not sure there's any advantage. The APY is so small, that's not really something I'm concerned with right now.

MachRc

Crypto dot com arena rolls off the tongue so well. Stonks
gJKUtkQ.jpg

Last edited:

godhandiscen

It’s okay boys, we’ll be back when Lebron 3 peats with Los Angeles Cryptos.

I just sold all my sleeping cryptos and stocked up on CRO. They just bought the Staples Center and rumor has it that they will be releasing a Super Bowl commercial. :messenger_rocket:

MastaKiiLA

Is there any benefit to Coinbase over other exchanges? Should I move my free cash out of CB and into my other 4 exchange accounts at BinanceUS, FTXUS, Kucoin, and Gate.io?

I plan on using Binance as primary, Kucoin and Gate.io for small coins I can't find on Binance, and FTX for NFTs. Is that a reasonable approach, or does CB have its benefits?

Lastly, is MetaMask the best digital wallet? Is Wallet.io needed? I'm having a hard time figuring out what makes one wallet better than another.

chromhound

Is there any benefit to Coinbase over other exchanges? Should I move my free cash out of CB and into my other 4 exchange accounts at BinanceUS, FTXUS, Kucoin, and Gate.io?

I plan on using Binance as primary, Kucoin and Gate.io for small coins I can't find on Binance, and FTX for NFTs. Is that a reasonable approach, or does CB have its benefits?

Lastly, is MetaMask the best digital wallet? Is Wallet.io needed? I'm having a hard time figuring out what makes one wallet better than another.
You use Coinbase when you are a beginner in crypto. i recommend Kucoin or Crypto.com. Kucoin has a bot that can do trade for you. There's Bitmart too
Gate.io is too shady.
I use to Trust Wallet and Coinbase Wallet. But those gas fees, lord have mercy

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

You use Coinbase when you are a beginner in crypto. i recommend Kucoin or Crypto.com. Kucoin has a bot that can do trade for you. There's Bitmart too
Gate.io is too shady.
I use to Trust Wallet and Coinbase Wallet. But those gas fees, lord have mercy
Thanks. I'll read up on Gate. Haven't put any funds or coins in it. The fees are why I'm going to shift away from Coinbase.

i hope people are ready lol
thats uber bearshit.

1. first off thats assuming all or most of the coins are sold within a short time period.
2. creditors wont be getting anything until 2023 and its expected that many creditors will accept settlements before then.

not saying it wont have any affect on the market, but i dont think that hypothetical will occur.

also, by the time creditors get their btc to sell, the market will be even more mature

Anyone have $CRO? What are your expectations? I picked it up once that sponsorship was announced and I would assume there's good range on this. But I'm somewhat of a novice here.

Alcibiades

Anyone have $CRO? What are your expectations? I picked it up once that sponsorship was announced and I would assume there's good range on this. But I'm somewhat of a novice here.
I have some, having bought mostly between 10 cents-20 cents. I'm sort surprised at how high it's gotten considering there doesn't seem to be utlility for it outside of Crypto.com users. I bought it on speculation and for the "cashback" metal debit card.

I thought at 30 cents, 50 cents, 70 cents, and now as it gets close to $1 that it would surely have to go down back to Earth but it's not for some reason it hasn't yet. My concern in terms of buying anymore at this point would be the market cap. Is having a bigger market cap than LINK sustainable?

Hnjohngalt

I would sell cro if you made a good profit. I expect the price would have to drop otherwise nobody is gonna get the cro for the different cards they have. There bread and butter is making money in the exchange with fees. High prices in cro will effect rest of business i think. But do what you want.

I am loving the recent rise again of Harmony One and LRC. Hoping both coins do great.

MastaKiiLA

What do you guys think of SAND? Bought a bit of it at the start, and see it's going up steadily. From what I can tell, the game is like Minecraft, but with content that are NFTs. I''m just wondering if that price is being distorted heavily by metaverse FOMO.

HoodWinked

had an interesting dream today, for some reason there was some kind of panic and hysteria. remembering having a feeling of dread and there was a digital counter which displayed the value of bitcoin. The counter was rapidly counting down as the value of cryptos were falling like a rock, then it went to zero.

LO1UCEL.gif

Last edited:
I had luck and got invited to the presale of the nft game "Devolution". Its inspired by Digimon.

Put 185 Euro in. Three days later iam already at 4800 profit :)
All right, i'm starting to feel pretty dumb for not buying crypto thus far. I kept avoiding it, shaking my head about how the world has gone insane BUT as long as it has, lol, I better start dabbling.

As far as I can see with my (very) casual viewing, it seems like anytime there's a new currency it rockets at least initially if it has a bit of hype on it... Have there been any duds? How do you guys know which new ones to avoid? I"m thinking of chucking a couple hundred at a new coin, just to start. None of it makes any sense to me, it just seems like a fad way to make money and burn tons of energy resources.

Last edited:
So is Metamask a shitty way for a newb to buy into crypto? Asking for a friend who may or not exist.
I've heard metamask is legit. But also heard that if you connect the metamask wallet to a random internet site(say a scammer site), the wallet can be drained. Also since I believe this is something in the desktop, it likely is susceptible to keylogging malware during seed input for recovery.

Think hard wallet, might be necessary for proper security.

Ellery

Making some real big gains in this current market range. I am not really into crypto but it has become extremely predictable as to where it bounces off and how much certain coins move. Went to pick up my gf from work and I when I came back home it was close to another 4 digits gain in a single day.
The fees do cut into it when actively "trading" crypto that much though and there is always big risk involved. Certain coins have a very high risk of you getting rugged so you have to avoid those. I also avoid shorting and leverage. It is tempting but just way too risky.

GeorgPrime

Banned
All right, i'm starting to feel pretty dumb for not buying crypto thus far. I kept avoiding it, shaking my head about how the world has gone insane BUT as long as it has, lol, I better start dabbling.

As far as I can see with my (very) casual viewing, it seems like anytime there's a new currency it rockets at least initially if it has a bit of hype on it... Have there been any duds? How do you guys know which new ones to avoid? I"m thinking of chucking a couple hundred at a new coin, just to start. None of it makes any sense to me, it just seems like a fad way to make money and burn tons of energy resources.

No financial advice but keep an eye on all nft gaming metaverses. They will be really big in 2022. Maybe one of the biggest crypto markets soon.

Ellery

No financial advice but keep an eye on all nft gaming metaverses. They will be really big in 2022. Maybe one of the biggest crypto markets soon.

Yup. Definitely something people should keep an eye on. No guarantee that this is happening, but having an actual use case in digital evironments for crypto based stuff could accelerate the growth.

I don't have any advice here and need to dig deeper, the only one I have on my list to watch is Loopring and then I will look what the big game studios do, especially those that have gigantic online communities in the millions and work through microtransactions. (As a gamer I loathe that, but as an investor it might be a smart play)

Lognor

Banned
For someone that has no idea how this is working: how? :d
My friend got me into Top Shot. I'm not making a ton of money, but I've made about $1500 in the past 4 months. My friend made a killing at the start, but now TS is making way too many moments so values have plummeted. The bubble has probably burst. I've also made a few hundred on Draftkings, but these are really hit or miss. There is a Brady set coming up that might be worth something though.

With nfts, I feel like it's a bubble waiting to burst so I'm not going to heavy into them. Just dabbling really.

Top Bottom