• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bits & Beats: 30 Most Graphically impressive Sega/Mega CD Games!

RAIDEN1

The Sega CD: Sega first attempt at entering the CD world....with video playback quality worse than what you would see on your own TV box-set through other means at the time, having said that below are examples of what developers could get out of the Genesis 2.0 (for all intents and purposes) :

RAIDEN1

Toy Story for Mega Drive is the most impressive for the time IMO.
Toy Story was the Mega-drive's answer to Donkey Kong Country, even though Toy story was multi-platform, the Genesis came out the best between the two...when naturally you would think the SNES would win that contest quite comfortably..

Toy Story was the Mega-drive's answer to Donkey Kong Country, even though Toy story was multi-platform, the Genesis came out the best between the two...when naturally you would think the SNES would win that contest quite comfortably..
Buzz Lightyear required blast processing.

Mr Hyde

I remember as a kid, seeing all the FMV games such as Ground Zero Texas and Night Trap, displayed in full force on the Sega CD, being so impressed by it thinking it was the future. I was nagging on my mom to buy one but she said NO, it's too expensive, be happy with your Megadrive and play what you have. I resented her for that. Then I grew up and actually played these games (not on Sega CD) and realized what fucking trash they were and how much regret I would have felt if mom actually spent her hard-earned money on that crap. I bought her flowers to repent for my anger towards her being a sensible adult not giving in for her son's materialistic needs (although she didn't remember my desire for a Sega CD).

Danknugz

I remember as a kid, seeing all the FMV games such as Ground Zero Texas and Night Trap, displayed in full force on the Sega CD, being so impressed by it thinking it was the future. I was nagging on my mom to buy one but she said NO, it's too expensive, be happy with your Megadrive and play what you have. I resented her for that. Then I grew up and actually played these games (not on Sega CD) and realized what fucking trash they were and how much regret I would have felt if mom actually spent her hard-earned money on that crap. I bought her flowers to repent for my anger towards her being a sensible adult not giving in for her son's materialistic needs (although she didn't remember my desire for a Sega CD).
they were awesome at the time and personally i still love going back and playing those FMV games

Quasicat

I rented a SEGA CD and a couple of discs from our local Video Connection after a $100 deposit in the add on as I wanted to try one before I bought it. It was Ground Zero Texas that convinced me to buy it! I played the hell out of that game and loved it for what it was. Naturally I bought better games over the years, but every so often I will fire it up again for some nostalgia.

Top Bottom