• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2018 US deals collection

The only things I'm really looking for this year are an Xbox One X and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

I'm thinking that Best Buy deal is probably the best I'll get on a One X, with the 2nd controller for only an additional $30. I'm hoping to sell or trade the Battlefield V code it comes with for Tomb Raider or the Xbox points to get it.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
What's the best 4K TV deal going this BF? I only need 50-55", and I don't want to pay more than $400. I'm close to pulling the trigger on this, but I'm not thrilled with only having 2 HDMI ports.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6288348.p?skuId=6288348

Can anyone recommend something better?
You’re not going to get a good TV for $400. Sorry dude but you’re going to want to save up and spend a little more. Good budget TVs are the TCL 6-series and the Vizio P-series.

The TCL 6-series will be around $600 or less and it’s worth every penny.

AlexxKidd

Pay attention to that $199 PSVR people. Astro Bot is that good. Plus Moss is no slouch, and if you already own Resident Evil VII or Wipeout Omega Collection you can now experience the best those games have to offer by playing them again in VR.

None of the four games I mentioned require the PS Move controllers, which means that $199 PSVR is all you need. Seriously, it's worth it for Astro Bot alone.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm hoping for some good controller deals. I've accrued a lot of 4p local games and holidays are the perfect time to trot them out.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Think I'm going to get a new GPU want that LG 4K TV deal but without the new GPU that would be wasted on me.

Last edited:
So many XBOX deals, where are the Kohls and Costco PS4 deals? Still, that Spiderman deal should be enough though.....I guess it will be at walmart and elsewhere too...

Perhaps some retailers were finalizing their deals or something, because I got a Kohls mailer the other day and it had the PS4 Spiderman bundle for 199.99 plus 60 dollars in Kohls cash. They also had the PSVR Astro Bot and Moss bundle for the same price. Maybe Costco will have even better deals. I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Spiderman bundle looks to be the best deal, I expect it to sell out the fastest. The Xbox One X bundle is a great deal and so is PSVR bundle.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah that Moss/Astrobot PSVR deal is really insane. If you can find some cheap Move controllers down the line, that'll complete the VR package.

dolabla

Is Soul Calibur 6 worth getting? Story good? I was thinking of adding that to my list and taking off the SF Collection. I kind of have the craving to play a new fighter. I haven't played Soul Calibur since the Dreamcast.

Surprised to not see any Pro deals so far. Finally wanting to jump in with one, but only if there is a deal.
Ps4 deals are very limited this year (so far)
Maybe you get $50 off in December, but Ps4 Pro is somehow still supply constrained.

Hence we probably don't see any deals.

On Topic:
Amazon added...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ps4 deals are very limited this year (so far)
Maybe you get $50 off in December, but Ps4 Pro is somehow still supply constrained.

Hence we probably don't see any deals.

On Topic:
Amazon added...

I will hold off until then to see. They may pull a surprise one as well closer to it, or just after.

Edit: My buddy just made a good point. They also have the RDR2 bundle, so they cannot discount the game just yet.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Amazon:
Xbox One X 1TB Fallout 76 Bundle $429

Xbox One X 1TB $399

Damn, I want that white X, but the bundle is the black one. I guess I'll just get the $399 bundle.

I'll probably pick it up at Best Buy, rather than wait for amazon to ship. I'm excited to get my hands on one.

Last edited:
Damn, I want that white X, but the bundle is the black one. I guess I'll just get the $399 bundle.

I'll probably pick it up at Best Buy, rather than wait for amazon to ship. I'm excited to get my hands on one.
The white Xbox One X Fallout Bundle will $429.99 at Gamestop and the Microsoftstore.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
THIS IS FREAKING INSANE!!!! A PSVR with camera AND Moss AND Astro Bot (best VR game of the year) for $199?!?!?! Stupid good deal.

PSVR is absolutely fantastic. Well worth the price, especially when you get two of the best games on the platform on it.

TagZ

Apologies if it has already been said, is the PS4 1tb Spider-Man bundle for $199 going to be available on any online stores? or only walk in

leo-j

Sony started their online deals yesterday. Got me 2K19 for $29.99 ( half off), and I am so tempted jumping on that 79.99 PS NOW deal for a year subscription..... that's like $6.67 a month.

Bryank75

Banned
Sales in Ireland are a joke compared to the US, they discount like 10 euro off something and act like it's a big deal. Retail really sucks here. Salivating at US deals...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm looking to nab DQ XI and Crash trilogy on PC if they get good discounts.

BlackTron

I mean the general nintendo fanbase would literally rather pay more than less. its a pretty strange fanbase if you ask me. you'd get attacked anywhere for criticizing nintendo for releasing some remasters for 60. when they launched for 50 on the wii u.

Yeah I have been attacked for that very thing myself lol. I'm a Nintendo fan, but I support them far less than I would without the anti-consumer attitude.

splattered

For anyone here in the service or that is a veteran, you can get the PUBG 1tb XB1X from the Exchange for $329 no sales tax after a coupon discount. Comes with system, controller, code for PUBG, 1 month game pass, 1 month Xbox Live. Great deal for those that qualify. (Check slickdeals out)

And

Man I do want to get psvr bundle but not without the move controllers and then I'm still worried about the revised version of VR hardware that could be coming next year.. ugh.

You’re not going to get a good TV for $400. Sorry dude but you’re going to want to save up and spend a little more. Good budget TVs are the TCL 6-series and the Vizio P-series.

The TCL 6-series will be around $600 or less and it’s worth every penny.

He just asked what's the best deal for $400. What qualifies as a "good" TV is rather subjective. $600 is 50% more than his budget. I could just as well tell you, you're not going to get a good tv for $600. Save up more and spend $1000. etc. Basically any TV under $1000 has compromises. I've read TCL has a lot of problems with panel consistency. You might get a good one or you might not. TVs are like computers or video cards. The tech moves fast. Less than 4 years ago, I paid $900 for a 55" Sony. Nowadays, I think a typical $400-500 TVs is probably better. I'm looking to upgrade to a 4k myself and don't plan on spending that much again.

For $400 or less, I would be looking at a Samsung NU6900 (the 55" is widely available for 399) or a TCL 5 series (55" is on sale at BB for 399). Both have low input lag. They don't have super bright screens, or local dimming, but depending on what he's coming from, they could be more than adequate. The TCL has better colors, the Samsung likely has a better build quality. Check ratings.com for details analysis.

Last edited:
Ordered the PS VR Astro Bot + Moss Bundle for $199 from Amazon. I don't have $200 but it's too good of a deal smh

Amazon link if anyone wants it.

Better jump on it because I imagine it's going to sell out everywhere.

Last edited:
Really sucks being a broke ass right now. I could get a One X for $329 no tax but just don't have the money to do it.

If anyone is a military member/vet though you can order it online through shopmyexchange.com and there's a $50 off code BNCEBACK25 (I think thats the right code) that takes $50 off the already low price. Ends up at $329 and you don't pay tax. Includes PUBG as well.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Just as expected, PS4 Spirder-Man is going to fly off shelves. People don't care about teraflops, they want the lowest price of entry at this part of the gen. Sure some folks will upgrade to mid-gen systems, but those are not new users so no extra revenue from subscriptions or games.

So it begins:
HBz2OsC.jpg

Grinchy

Banned
Is that the old psvr model or the new with hdr pass through. A bit of incovenience with the old one.
Definitely the new one. They stopped selling the old model quite a while back. I wish I had the new model just for the nice way you can route the ear bud cables.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
There are so many TV deals. Can someone reccomend a 60" on sale now or on black Friday? I have been going crazy trying to decide.

There are so many TV deals. Can someone reccomend a 60" on sale now or on black Friday? I have been going crazy trying to decide.

Looks like the TCL 6 series from this year, new 2018 model, is on sale. Edit, forgot to mention it's the 55 inch, not 60 like you're wanting. Don't see the 65 on sale currently, might be though, just did a quick search.

Couple links from a quick search:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079N9HDNQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://gstylemag.com/2018/11/13/tcls-6-series-tv-gamer-black-friday/

Last edited:
Just as expected, PS4 Spirder-Man is going to fly off shelves. People don't care about teraflops, they want the lowest price of entry at this part of the gen. Sure some folks will upgrade to mid-gen systems, but those are not new users so no extra revenue from subscriptions or games.

Can you try any harder? Then to top it off you suggest no new user is going to get midcycle. That's hilarious, my brother bought a Pro so that he and his family could get better performance with PSVR he also bought to go along with his OLED 4k TV. They never had a PS4 before.

The Spiderman bundle will fly off the shelves, I already said that as well but the X is a great deal. Take your pathetic bias away from this thread please, this is to inform people of deals. Not what YOU think people should buy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom