• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2018 US deals collection

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Except still no deals on the pro, which seems crazy to me.

It's a premium product. They have an RDR2 bundle to help sell it while maintaining price and the idea is to maximize profit on the high end and sell volume on the low end. It's the same in all market that have similar products within a line, i.e. GTX1080 vs GTX1050.

EDMIX

DsTYSurU0AAXZZt.jpg:large

Wow Game Stop has the best deals again this year.
$50 GC on any Xbox One console Switch

Anyone know if they are doing the buy 2 get 1 free used game deal this year?

Anyone here own a TCL 4k tv? Can they be trusted? lol

I've avoided them as I know not of their record with quality

I have the P605 (like the P607 minus the voice remote that Amazon sold, it's the prior model, not the new 2018 model). And an S405 in the living room for standard movies/tv which works great.

The Roku + 4k/HDR is definitely nice for the price. It's not some $2k OLED/etc all the crazy stuff, but for the price it's amazing. I love both of mine.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Anyone here own a TCL 4k tv? Can they be trusted? lol

I've avoided them as I know not of their record with quality

They have really good reviews. CNET says it’s the best budget 4KTV. However, for me personally I would be weary of what the upscailing is like for a Switch. I would venture to guess: not great.

What's the best 4K TV deal going this BF? I only need 50-55", and I don't want to pay more than $400. I'm close to pulling the trigger on this, but I'm not thrilled with only having 2 HDMI ports.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6288348.p?skuId=6288348

Can anyone recommend something better?

The TV I've seen cheapest of decent quality is the TCL c803 55 inch 4k. It has gone as low as 450$ at costco(which means you can get the 5 year extended warranty for very cheap because it is under 500$).

I think, need to verify, it has 10bit panel, wide color gamut, dolby vision, true hdr, and 16ms low latency gamemode option, as well as roku. Not to be confused with the slightly cheaper S models that seem to be missing some of the stuff.

The C models appear to be missing Full Array local Dimming, unlike the more expensive tcl P607 models.

The old expired deal.
https://slickdeals.net/f/10605460-t...oku-led-lcd-tv-450-costco-members-only-449-99

Not sure if it'll be available at that price, or if you'll be able to find inventory, but it has been sold at that price in the past.

As for not having Full Array Local Dimming(FALD) like the p607 model, some say FALD makes a difference. I think wide color gamut and low latency gamer mode is good enough. Also not sure how many dimming zones low budget TVs have, and if they'd be dimming artifact free or not, people complain even about high end FALD sets vs OLED individual pixel lighting. The P607 is lauded as one of the best budget tvs, though.

onQ123

I would like to hope that the Spider-man bundles selling out this early is the retailers not ordering enough & not Sony under shipping them.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Sony started their online deals yesterday. Got me 2K19 for $29.99 ( half off), and I am so tempted jumping on that 79.99 PS NOW deal for a year subscription..... that's like $6.67 a month.

HOLD ON....HOLD ON....HOLD ON....HOLD ON!!!! Wait a minute! Sony has a PS NOW deal for $6.67 a month now? Man I wish I could trust Sony on this. I'd buy it in a heart beat. I just don't see enough people talk about it. INCLUDING Sony for god's sake!

AlexxKidd

HOLD ON....HOLD ON....HOLD ON....HOLD ON!!!! Wait a minute! Sony has a PS NOW deal for $6.67 a month now? Man I wish I could trust Sony on this. I'd buy it in a heart beat. I just don't see enough people talk about it. INCLUDING Sony for god's sake!

There's nothing to trust, you can just download the games now and play as you like. So if it has a library you think you'll enjoy that's the end of the story. Streaming lag is irrelevant since they added downloading. This applies to PS4 and PS2 games, of course.

mckmas8808

There's nothing to trust, you can just download the games now and play as you like. So if it has a library you think you'll enjoy that's the end of the story. Streaming lag is irrelevant since they added downloading. This applies to PS4 and PS2 games, of course.

So this is straight up like MS Gamepass then? Just with a smaller current gen library? Because if you are correct Sony is selling PS+ and PSNOW for $10 a month for a year at the moment and I'm like 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger.

Let me check out the PSNOW games they have listed. I'm so ignorant of how it works. Are different games available every month like the free games of the month for PS+? Or once Sony uploads a game it's there to download for good? I'm not sure how it works. Or is it like Netflix where a movie will be on the service for a few months at a time?

dolabla

GameStop is gonna have God of War for $17. That's got to be the cheapest. Guess I'll be getting from there.

AlexxKidd

So this is straight up like MS Gamepass then? Just with a smaller current gen library? Because if you are correct Sony is selling PS+ and PSNOW for $10 a month for a year at the moment and I'm like 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger.

Let me check out the PSNOW games they have listed. I'm so ignorant of how it works. Are different games available every month like the free games of the month for PS+? Or once Sony uploads a game it's there to download for good? I'm not sure how it works. Or is it like Netflix where a movie will be on the service for a few months at a time?

Yes, it's like Game Pass except you have the option to stream. By the way, you may as well try out the streaming for yourself. Yes people complain about it but a lot of people talk out of their ass when it comes to anything Sony. Some games may work better than others, but it will save you having to download everything. There are over 650 games and they continue to add new ones. Some games have been removed but it's not something that happens often.

Also because of the nature of the service DLC isn't included in the games, so more often than not you're playing the base games. Just FYI

mckmas8808

Yes, it's like Game Pass except you have the option to stream. By the way, you may as well try out the streaming for yourself. Yes people complain about it but a lot of people talk out of their ass when it comes to anything Sony. Some games may work better than others, but it will save you having to download everything. There are over 650 games and they continue to add new ones. Some games have been removed but it's not something that happens often.

Also because of the nature of the service DLC isn't included in the games, so more often than not you're playing the base games. Just FYI

Thanks for that. I don't buy DLC so I'm good there.

Wait, no PS4 Pro deals? Am I reading this right? I was hoping to upgrade. Not even at Gamestop?
No Pro deals.
You only can get a $50 Gift Card with a regular Pro bundle for $399 at Game Stop.
But on the other hand you also could get an Xbox One X for just $30 more. That's a much better deal.

dolabla

Any soul Calibur 6 deals live yet?

Yep. Best Buy is currently running their My Best Buy early access sale and have it for $34.99. Your account has to be Elite or Elite Plus status for it to show up though.

They're the only one I've seen so far.

It's a premium product. They have an RDR2 bundle to help sell it while maintaining price and the idea is to maximize profit on the high end and sell volume on the low end. It's the same in all market that have similar products within a line, i.e. GTX1080 vs GTX1050.
"All markets" Except that Microsoft is knocking the One X down a hundred bucks.

No Pro deals.
You only can get a $50 Gift Card with a regular Pro bundle for $399 at Game Stop.
But on the other hand you also could get an Xbox One X for just $30 more. That's a much better deal.
But a lot of people, myself included are looking at the Ps4 Pro as an upgrade to a base PS4, in my case a launch model. I just can't come up with many reasons to justify the price tag of the One X even at 399, except for the inclusion of the 4K blu ray player.

evanft

Physical haul so far:

$250 PSVR Creed/Superhot bundle at Target
$20 AstroBot at Gamestop
$20 Detroit price matched GS at Target
$20 Injustice 2 at Best Buy
$20 Nier Automata at Family Video
$17 MLB 18 at WalMart
$17 Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition at WalMart
$15 Farpoint at Best Buy

Digital haul so far:

Xbox One
$3.75 Bastion
$10.00 Ori and the Blind Forest
$7.50 State of Decay Year One Survival Edition
$3.00 Strider
$2.24 Stuntman Ignition
$3.74 Supreme Commander 2
$2.99 Torchlight
$3.99 Trials HD
$4.50 Valiant Hearts: The Great War

PS4
$21.99 God of War
$11.99 Star Trek Bridge Crew

Last edited:
But a lot of people, myself included are looking at the Ps4 Pro as an upgrade to a base PS4, in my case a launch model. I just can't come up with many reasons to justify the price tag of the One X even at 399, except for the inclusion of the 4K blu ray player.

I you want to play your existing Ps4 library on Ps4 Pro, i would just wait for a good deal.
Or swallow the pill and just pay full price 2 years after launch.

Physical haul so far:

$250 PSVR Creed/Superhot bundle at Target
$20 AstroBot at Gamestop
$20 Detroit price matched GS at Target
$15 Farpoint at Best Buy

Digital haul so far:

Xbox One
$3.75 Bastion

$7.50 State of Decay Year One Survival Edition
$3.00 Strider
$2.24 Stuntman Ignition
$3.74 Supreme Commander 2
$2.99 Torchlight
$3.99 Trials HD
$4.50 Valiant Hearts: The Great War

PS4
$21.99 God of War
$11.99 Star Trek Bridge Crew

What I'm looking at later this week.

$20 Nier Automata at GS or Best Buy
$17 Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition at WalMart
I'm really thinking about Bastion, too
I still have some BRL currency leftover and that is the only great game fitting.

I'm just worried, the game will be on Game Pass or Games with Gold, soon.
Was it ever on Gold during the X360 era?

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
No Pro deals.

I got an X day one. I wanted a Pro for Spiderman, Ghost and TLOU2. Was considering VR as well, though with the leaks the I'm hearing, might be better to wait for PS5.

dolabla

Online too? Or any chance amazon matches? Don't want to wait in line when online so easy.

I assume it will be online too. The ad says "shop online starting this Wednesday at 9pm ET/8PM CT" at the top. Here's the ad for it:

9A7IFE3.jpg

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
My son wants the Mario Maker 2DS bundle. He has never owned a Nintendo portable, but is mostly interested in Mario Maker. Is this version good?

It's $200 at Kohl's with an additional $60 gift card back. At essentially $140 I think it really might be the time to hop into this gimmick.

I already got the $199 deal from Target (you can get it online for $199 right now pre-black Friday), does this one you mention include both games and the camera as well? If so that's insane, thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
I already got the $199 deal from Target, does this one you mention include both games and the camera as well? If so that's insane, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, it does include both games. I got a mailer about it the other day. They'll have the same deal on the Spider-Man bundle. $199 + a 60 dollar gift certificate that's only valid for a week or so. Their game selection is really bad, though, so maybe pickup another PS4 controller.

Yeah, it does include both games. I got a mailer about it the other day. They'll have the same deal on the Spider-Man bundle. $199 + a 60 dollar gift certificate that's only valid for a week or so. Their game selection is really bad, though, so maybe pickup another PS4 controller.

Oh nice! Yeah looks like you have to actually go into the store try and pick it up on Black Friday (or at least wait till Black Friday to get it online). I'll gladly forfeit the $60 gift card to get it online now and not deal with the hassle after Thanksgiving, but for those that love the BF rush that's def the best deal out there! ;)

I already got the $199 deal from Target (you can get it online for $199 right now pre-black Friday), does this one you mention include both games and the camera as well? If so that's insane, thanks for the heads up!
Yup, same bundle just has the gift card to differentiate it. I'd like to know if the games are digital or physical but at that price I don't really care.

WaterAstro

Curious, not US, but in Canada. Bestbuy has the PS4 spiderman bundle ($260cnd), but it doesn't have the XboneS bundle. It does have the XboneX bundle ($500) which is definitely not as appealing as the lower priced console for families looking for a lower entry into this gen's gaming.

splattered

Isn't Kohl's also selling an Xbox One X for $399 with $120 Kohls Cash back?

That would be like $279 for the console with $120 to spend on games or put towards the PS4 or PSVR bundles.

iconmaster

Banned
Not Black Friday exactly, because it's right now -- but close enough I'm including it.

Newegg offering Nintendo Switch for $255 with code PICKFAST -- but you have to use an eBay app for the code to work. The site will reject it. (Guess it's a way of promoting the app.)

(I see there are PICKFAST deals for the Xbox One and PS4 as well)

Last edited:

Sleepydays

Banned
Picked up Bomberman R/Namco collection for Switch in the Best Buy BF preview. Will probably jump on Switch Starlink for that sweet Arwing, then I'm done with the games side of the sales.

Top Bottom