• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2022 |OT| Deals & Steals

Celcius

°Temp. member
2jVIcsO.png

Black Friday 2022 is on the way. What do you guys want to get deals on this year?
This thread also includes Cyber Monday deals as well. Feel free to share and discuss any deals that you come across!

Xbox:
Bestbuy:
Target:
Steam:
  • The Steam Autumn Sale will run November 22-29
Nintendo:
  • The Nintendo Black Friday sales will run November 20-27: https://www.nintendo.com/holiday/deals/
  • Save $20 on the digital or physical versions of Mario Party Superstars, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, and Bravely Default II.
  • Mario Kart Switch Bundle: Get a digital version of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a 3-month Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership, and a non-OLED Switch for $299
PlayStation:
Newegg:
GameStop:

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It feels like a way to trick me into buying stuff I don't need. I don't ever want to buy something because I got a deal on it, and browsing the deals is tempting fate to me.

I'm sure some of you guys use it to great advantage and end up saving money on things you already wanted or needed. Maybe I'll do that someday. Try and find a bunch of cheap toilet-paper or something.

i already got Gotham Knights. My friend i gameshare with bought GOW Ragnarok, and is going to buy Sonic soon. Forbidden West came with my console.
Harry potter don't come out for a couple months.

There really aint anything i want. I been debating whether or not to buy watchdogs 2 on Xbox. even tho i have the playstation version. And maybe the first Dying light. which was already on a deep sale just like 2 days ago

GHG

Gold Member
We have an 11 11 sale here which basically reflects the deals that will also pop up around black friday. The Series S is practically being given away, so something for people to look out for in other regions when their sales arrive:

Oxgjjd0.jpg

Other things on sale have been PS5 controllers, gen 4 SSDs, pretty much all of Apples ipad products and AMD 6xxx series GPU's.

Last edited:

Fbh

Might get some new headset for my Ps5 IF there's some solid deals.
The Sony Gold headset I've been using since the mid Ps4 gen is starting to literally fall apart.

Reactions: Isa
I use to be so hype for Black Friday. Back when things were in store. I'd peruse all the flyers. See if there's anything worth lining up for. Nowadays I don't think it's that special: online deals happen all the time, it's rare the prices are rock bottom for anything.

Doesn't help I have a nice TV, good enough soundbar, a decent PC, most of the movies I already want, and I buy games months after launch so they're always discounted anyway. My wife has most of the kitchenware and machines she needs. We don't wanna clutter our house with junk. It's a weird feeling.

Twice the price, even in the Black Friday day. PROCON usualy release a tool to check the product price until reach Black Friday.

Brazil folks have their trickery at core. Black Friday here start in november 1, and can be extended until next year if you fall into their bs.
I feel your pain. It's the same in Argentina 😢

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I use to be so hype for Black Friday. Back when things were in store. I'd peruse all the flyers. See if there's anything worth lining up for. Nowadays I don't think it's that special: online deals happen all the time, it's rare the prices are rock bottom for anything.

Doesn't help I have a nice TV, good enough soundbar, a decent PC, most of the movies I already want, and I buy games months after launch so they're always discounted anyway. My wife has most of the kitchenware and machines she needs. We don't wanna clutter our house with junk. It's a weird feeling.
It's called contentment, and it's the antithesis of American consumerism.

Valkyrie Elysium digital sale on PSN

Want to try this game but don’t want to pay full price. Loved the first one on PS1 but hear mixed reviews so far.

Tigerlord

Looking for deals on HDTV's and micro SD cards. My tv kicked the bucket recently and I need SD cards for my Switch and phone.
I'm surprised I nearly filled my Switch SD card.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
We have an 11 11 sale here which basically reflects the deals that will also pop up around black friday. The Series S is practically being given away, so something for people to look out for in other regions when their sales arrive:

Oxgjjd0.jpg

Other things on sale have been PS5 controllers, gen 4 SSDs, pretty much all of Apples ipad products and AMD 6xxx series GPU's.

Damn that regional pricing is a scam lol, its retail is equivalent to $350 and with the sale it's now down close to what US outlets like Costco are promising for the thanks giving period ($250).

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I already got my oldest son a 27” Asus gaming monitor for his Series S and PC on early Black Friday deal from Best Buy. Probably gonna keep an eye out for good deal on Series storage upgrade.

Last edited:

Von

Looking mainly at digital sales for games.

Highly doubt there’ll be a significant discount on those SSD expansion cards for the Series consoles but if indeed that happened I’d heavily consider a 1TB.

Hot5pur

A few PC games.
Winter coat. Warm shoes. Sweaters.
Pixel 7.

I still have games from last black Friday I haven't touched. In many ways finding deals has more appeal than actually enjoying the product. The sad state of this consumer holiday.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't think I'm going to be buying any video games this year lol. Maybe if there are good pre order deals for calisto protocol, but I'm just as happy getting 1 month of gamefly to try that (and a couple other things).

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
A high-speed m.2 SSD extended storage for my PS5 because I'm getting tired of only being able to fit the latest Call of Duty, COD:Warzone and one other PS5 game before having to delete one to make room for the next

Leonidas

Skipping this year, just upgraded my CPU + MOBO. I doubt the Black Friday deals will be much different than what I already got.

EDIT: actually now that I think about it, this might be the year I get some noise cancelling headphones.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

I don't think I'm going to be buying any video games this year lol. Maybe if there are good pre order deals for calisto protocol, but I'm just as happy getting 1 month of gamefly to try that (and a couple other things).
Yeah, 2023 is packed, gotta save up.

skneogaf

Three 6TB hard drives have died on my server and they were full of uhd remux movies, so ud like to pick up some replacement drives.

If play station reduces the price of the last of us 1 remake to something acceptable then I'll buy that instead of waiting for the pc version.

I'm also interested in buy two more subwoofers to add to my two subwoofers as I plan on upgrading my av receiver to be able to do 9.4.6 object based audio like dolby atmos and dts X as I currently only have 7.2.4.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Just waiting for Steam sales, specifically the Atelier games. Just bought GoW Ragnarok, Persona 5 and Uncharted Legacy of Thieves over the weeks so I’m fine. Wanna get Bayonetta 3 too on Switch, and Judgement/Lost Judgement on Steam

Top Bottom