• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2022 |OT| Deals & Steals

engstra

Anyone looking to renew their PSN subscription the giftcards are currently discounted on amazon in addition to 25% discount. Reduced discounted price of premium from £75 to £64.

Very tempted to buy psychonauts 2 as that's 66% off on psn at the moment

KO7

I platinumed it twice. Once on ps4 and again on ps5. I love that game.
It’s blowing me away so far, and I’m surprised I waited this long (skipped it for my PS4, have had my PS5 for 6 months now). This game is actually one of the reasons I was planning to, and eventually did pick up a PS5.

Pretty weak sales but so far I picked up:

- Demon’s Souls $30
- Dual sense charging station $20
- Death Stranding: Director’s Cut $20

From games don’t typically go much lower and this one is fairly new. Death Stranding taking a chance on, seems like decent upgrades (especially load times). I hate the dual sense but eventually PSVR2 will take up a port that I just don’t have space for and maybe 3rd party controllers will still charge with it.

Was thinking about Returnal as a novelty, I hate roguelikes typically. Probably will wait a bit longer until people try to unload it used for like $10. It strikes me as one of those games.

Debating P5R on Switch but I already own P5 and P5R on PS4 and never played it… I have a problem.

I don’t like roguelikes either. I don’t even like hard games. Never really was a fan of the souls series. But Returnal is just…different. Most addicting game I have ever played. By far my favorite game of all time. I am jealous that you can experience it for the first time again. I wish I could go back and play it fresh all over again.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Expired now, but last night Amazon UK suffered a glitch where you could buy a Switch Oled at RRP and include either 7 copies of Metroid Dread or 4 copies of BOTW for free, and funnily enough a lot of people’s were dispatched last night.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Interesting deal on Amazon: Nintendo Switch (regular, not OLED) + Mario Kart 8 + 3 months NO is 270€. Even if we ignore NO completely, MK8 puts the console down to 220-230€.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Expired now, but last night Amazon UK suffered a glitch where you could buy a Switch Oled at RRP and include either 7 copies of Metroid Dread or 4 copies of BOTW for free, and funnily enough a lot of people’s were dispatched last night.
Excellent. Dread deserves to be the best selling in the series ... by any means necessary.

GymWolf

Voidu.com has a 30% discount on games with the code FLASHSALE30, just bought hogwarts legacy for 42 euros and evil west for 34, half of what you pay on console.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Disappointment starts in 12.1 hours!

There are few games that never get keys that I'm interested in. I hope at least a couple will be on sale. I love revisiting 360 era games on Deck. They look great on small screen and still play great to this day!

Last edited:

TheZink

Just got a PS5 controller for $43 shipped from Walmart. Do this. 👇. Have to add something else in the cart that costs a dollar and is the coupon for PayPal.

I just added some Bobbie Pins.

The 1TB Nextorage SSD is on sale for $90 at Amazon, which is the cheapest it has been.... but I am still trying to justify even needing the extra space :messenger_expressionless:

Anyone aware of any Kirby and the forgotten lands deals?

ideally i'm looking for physical <30$. it's going to be my sons "first" videogame as he LOVES the demo and replays the two levels it comes with. I've let him run around in diablo 2...but hes definitely a kirby fan and by proxy a jigglypuff/clefairy fan.

kirby GIF

Last edited:

The Skull

Not sure it counts as a "deal" but I bought the standard version of F.I.S.T on the PS5 from Amazon in the UK and got sent the limited edition one 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Two games of a series that I rarely, rarely see have a sale: Atelier Ryza 1 and 2, are finally on sale on PSN.

I've never tried the Atelier series at all, and I was wondering if it's a good JRPG series that's worth checking out. Also, if the story isn't as good as other JRPG series, does the gameplay at least have fun or addictive qualities about it?

Zero_Karisma

Neo Member
I’m trying to purchase another year of PS+. When attempting from the PSN store I get “an unidentified error occurred. Try again in a few moments.” From the app I get “something went wrong” in the checkout process. Anyone else run into this problem?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone aware of any Kirby and the forgotten lands deals?

ideally i'm looking for physical <30$. it's going to be my sons "first" videogame as he LOVES the demo and replays the two levels it comes with. I've let him run around in diablo 2...but hes definitely a kirby fan and by proxy a jigglypuff/clefairy fan.

kirby GIF
Sadly, still full price everywhere. The cheapest I've ever seen it online is $39.99 for a used copy from Gamefly (they come in really good condition and include the case and manuals). Currently sold out there. Everywhere else is $59.99. Kirby games rarely get discounted though, and almost never for 50% off.

I'd recommend signing up for this site, and putting the game on your wishlist:

They monitor a lot of stores that sell physical games (if you're in the US) and they'll email you if it goes on sale somewhere.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I just bought a TCL 65in 4K Roku TV from Walmart for $228 to put in my bedroom. Same one I have in living room from 2018(19?) Black Friday sale that was $399 back then. Currently have a 40in 1080p TV in the bedroom, so I'm gonna give that to my son and put this in there instead. Should make reading subtitles on Crunchyroll a lot easier. Sure it's not as good as some of QLED and OLED TVs I was looking at, but I've been happy with the one we've had for years now, and the price fits my budget for an impulse buy.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TCL-65-C...DR-Smart-Roku-TV-65S41/299822372?athbdg=L1800

They delivered it today. Looks pretty good…
AxdGdYl.jpg

Last edited:

consoul

Atelier Ryza 1 and 2, are finally on sale on PSN.

I've never tried the Atelier series at all, and I was wondering if it's a good JRPG series that's worth checking out. Also, if the story isn't as good as other JRPG series, does the gameplay at least have fun or addictive qualities about it?
If you enjoy thighs, then Atelier Thighza 1 & 2 are for you.

I can't honestly recommend these games otherwise. There are much better RPGs you could play.

If you enjoy thighs, then Atelier Thighza 1 & 2 are for you.

I can't honestly recommend these games otherwise. There are much better RPGs you could play.
Taking away the sex sells aspect of the game and assuming I've already played those better RPGs, what are the pros and cons of the Atelier series?

Top Bottom