• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2022 |OT| Deals & Steals

Emedan

I love they've taken the age of vikings, just pissed off they made it off the vikings series and not the true lore.

Like odyssey where they studied the movie 300 for lore and nothing else.

I personally haven't played it though, but I'd guess it will happen sooner or later on GP.
Yeah that's so trash, I remember when AC was about historical authenticity....

MadPanda

Banned
Bought dark souls remastered and cyberpunk 2077. If there's a discount on civilization 6 platinum addition might buy that as well or I'll wait for new years sale. Honestly, there's not much to buy as I've played many games in the past couple of years. I'd buy one of WD legion, Far Cry 6 and Valhalla but I expect them to end up on gamepass and I'm not dying to play them anyway so I can wait for gp or future sales. I'll probably buy dying light 2 on the next sale.

Goalus

Even if Ultimate and DOA 3 go on sale, the discount is going to be pathetic based on the last sale.

Only 20% off.
Otogi was never discounted since it became BC. I am about to buy both :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Same with Infinite Undiscovery, at some point I decided to bite the bullet.

fatmarco

Otogi was never discounted since it became BC. I am about to buy both :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Same with Infinite Undiscovery, at some point I decided to bite the bullet.
Yeah I've reached that point with a few games already where I've just gone and bought them straight up. I just cant stomach the idea of paying full price for old games hahah.

I've had Otogi 1 and 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Enchanted Arms etc. sitting in my Wishlist just praying that it would affect the algorithm somehow.

jorgejjvr

EJyM3A1.png

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm...lnm=201333&afid=Narrativ&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

PhaseJump

Banned
Just a heads up, The Source, RCSS and Walamrt Canada all have it $300 this week.

Valid starting today to Nov 23.

0KEFh0S.jpg
yJ1mPpR.jpg

eYpF5cv.jpg

I'm seeing $309 on that XSS in the physical flier. The other prices on the page remain the same.

I guess Walmart Canada desperately needs that extra 10 bucks from Canadians on the east coast looking to buy an Xbox.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Anyone got experience returning a console to costco? Bought one a month ago for $70 more lol, would love to return and rebuy

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anyone got experience returning a console to costco? Bought one a month ago for $70 more lol, would love to return and rebuy
You will be able to return and rebuy. Bring your receipt. The counter staff should be able to do a price credit without you bringing the console in.

I've done this to purchases before, except one time the counter staff said the store had to have it in stock to do that swap as I didn't bring in the product. If I did she could scan the product as a refund and rebuy.

Just in case, bring the receipt and box with the UPC code.

Consoles arent part of the store's 90 day electronics policy. So if it bricks years later you can return it. TVs, PCs etc.... are part of 90 day policy.

(EDIT: I think you meant rebuy at a different store? If so, just bring it in and refund it straight up)

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

You will be able to return and rebuy. Bring your receipt. The counter staff should be able to do a price credit without you bringing the console in.

I've done this to purchases before, except one time the counter staff said the store had to have it in stock to do that swap as I didn't bring in the product. If I did she could scan the product as a refund and rebuy.

Just in case, bring the receipt and box with the UPC code.

Consoles arent part of the store's 90 day electronics policy. So if it bricks years later you can return it. TVs, PCs etc.... are part of 90 day policy.

(EDIT: I think you meant rebuy at a different store? If so, just bring it in and refund it straight up)
Yeah different store haha, costco doesnt seem to be offering this deal. Will do, thanks bud!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Fantastic little console. Quiet as fuck too.
I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to get into next gen gaming on the cheap.
I was against the idea of this little machine until I got to play with one sitting on the couch on a 65" TV like a lot of casuals do and have to admit the little thing impressed me.

Ozriel

M$FT
The delusion for this console is insane.

No one is buying this, hence why they keep cutting the price and it continues to sit on shelves.

The people have spoken, they don't want this thing. People would rather wait and buy an X or PS5.

And yet they’re going to sell millions of these over the holidays.

The console conceived and designed to be a mass market seller is being pushed for mass market adoption. Completely unprecedented!

fart town usa

Gold Member
I bought a Sony Bravia 65" OLED A80K yesterday. I guess the deal has been going on for a while. Amazon has it marked down 26%, cuts off roughly $600. Also gave me the option to pay monthly with zero interest. Love when that happens.

I have no idea how I'm gonna hide this thing from my wife, lol.

amazon

fart town usa

Gold Member
Three 6TB hard drives have died on my server and they were full of uhd remux movies, so ud like to pick up some replacement drives.

If play station reduces the price of the last of us 1 remake to something acceptable then I'll buy that instead of waiting for the pc version.

I'm also interested in buy two more subwoofers to add to my two subwoofers as I plan on upgrading my av receiver to be able to do 9.4.6 object based audio like dolby atmos and dts X as I currently only have 7.2.4.
"...as I currently only have 7.2.4"

LOL.

I can't even imagine what it must sound like during movies/games in your house. Well done Sir.

Gambit2483

Honestly, all I want is a sale on Xbox Series storage expansion. That shit is way too expensive!
I don't think I'm going to be buying any video games this year lol. Maybe if there are good pre order deals for calisto protocol, but I'm just as happy getting 1 month of gamefly to try that (and a couple other things).
If you hear of any sales on Xbox storage expansion, please do share 👍

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
its MS. They go and make a good console, just for them to go back 2 steps behind.
Its one thing I hate about them.

XSS should have been mini X1X.

People who actually own one really like it.
You’re over here hating them for making an affordable console.

Not sure what it is about consoles that brings out these spicy takes. You’ll never go on Reddit and see an RTX 4090 owner clowning on folks who buy 3060s.

yazenov

But MS said that unit sales don't matter, yet they are trying to basically give this thing away for free at this rate. It's cheaper than the Switch which is a 6 year old console with ancient hardware.

Us deal; Buy an Xbox Series S for $250 and get a $50 gift card. So it's basically $200.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
But MS said that unit sales don't matter, yet they are trying to basically give this thing away for free at this rate. It's cheaper than the Switch which is a 6 year old console with ancient hardware.

Us deal; Buy an Xbox Series S for $250 and get a $50 gift card. So it's basically $200.

Getting consumers to your systems matters, as they drop alot of money in the long term.
Much better, than letting them try and purchase your system.
Desperate, but does the job.

feynoob

Banned
People who actually own one really like it.
You’re over here hating them for making an affordable console.

Not sure what it is about consoles that brings out these spicy takes. You’ll never go on Reddit and see an RTX 4090 owner clowning on folks who buy 3060s.
Why do you go out of your way, to make it seem like I hate them?

yazenov

Getting consumers to your systems matters, as they drop alot of money in the long term.
Much better, than letting them try and purchase your system.
Desperate, but does the job.
My issue is not with the desperation but with the sour grapes. If they ended up in 3rd place again, they'll say those unit sales don't matter but their actions lie counter to their claims. They are trying desperately hard to sell these things at a huge loss and claiming it's not important to them to sell consoles. :messenger_neutral:

Yeah sure they want people to subscribe to Gamepass but they need consoles in people's hands to do that. So in the end, console sales matter.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
My issue is not with the desperation but with the sour grapes. If they ended up in 3rd place again, they'll say those unit sales don't matter but their actions lie counter to their claims. They are trying desperately hard to sell these things at a huge loss and claiming it's not important to them to sell consoles. :messenger_neutral:

Yeah sure they want people to subscribe to Gamepass but they need consoles in people's hands to do that. So in the end, console sales matter.
Xbox current console cap would be 80m-90m.
They need more than x360 content to hit above 100m.
So console sales wise, they would be behind Sony and Nintendo.
They don't have market wide. US and UK, and Mexico to an extent are their strongest market.

They seriously need to focus on other markets, in order to expand their business.

LordOfChaos

Think there will be an equal or better sale on the Microsoft online store in Canada? I have some credit there to blow before March and don't know what on since the SL5 whelmed me, maybe an XSS, with a sale and the credit it would be cheapp

Edit: Nvm I see it now, it only said 20 dollars off but it was 20 off 60 already off for reasons lol

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Why do you go out of your way, to make it seem like I hate them?

Perhaps the “it’s one thing I hate about them” in your post I replied to?

Microsoft has never said console sales don’t matter. Let’s try to keep these conversations honest.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Even Phil himself said console sales are important to them as Gamepass is primarily a game download service.
So i dont know where this whole 'Xbox says console sales dont mater to them' comes from. A link would be cool if someone has one.

Top Bottom