• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2022 |OT| Deals & Steals

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
DAMN !!!! Some good deals went right up on PSN and same deals on Media Markt!!! So at least once for fucking sake, the deals are also for physical games!
Death Stranding DC ps5 and uc4 ps5 are both 20$! I have digital updates for ps4 version but well.... I like discs...
Ghost of Tsushima DC ps5 is 35usd. I am still not sure I will like this one. I skipped it since release... but at 35usd .... ooof

Any other recommendations?
Ghostwire Tokyo I've already ordered
Controllers for 55usd too

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
So of all the devices out there that can emulate ps1 and ps2 games you guys came here to stan for the xbox one (which by your own admission is poor for anything other than PS1 games)? Not PC's, not tablets, not the steam deck. Let's ignore all the devices out there that offer a lot more flexibility and freedom for emulation, it must be the Xbox.

Thanks for the effort though.

Season 3 Good Job GIF by NETFLIX
Someones got a stick up their arse.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My Extra expires in January, and I'm pretty sure I'll want to keep it, so I will probably jump on this. You can use it to extend an existing subscription yes, it's not just for new subscriptions?

Edit: It's already live? Wtf, isn't Black Friday next week? I know there's also "Black Week", but we're not even into that yet.

Last edited:
Nope. I have + Premium expiring this month and not even the discount will make me resubscribe to Essentials. Too much backlog. I want to focus on games I’ve payed for and don’t get distracted by more titles. I’ll miss GT7 Sport but that’s it. It’s the only multiplayer I play.

Also, Premium at this point is a disaster for PS1 and PS2 titles. Almost a scam.
Yes, I'm skipping premium for now after my subscription expires next month. Extra is already enough for me for now.

So if I, like an idiot, believed Sony’s bullshit once again and bought premium, I am now stuck with premium and cannot extend my subscription with a downgrade in tiers until my current subscription expires, at which point there will be no sale for another 10 months. Great, grand, thanks a lot.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Demon’s Souls Remastered £29.99 @ Smyths

Official Dualsense charging station £16.99 @ Amazon

The Last of Us Part 2 is £7.99 @ Smyths, would make a great coaster for your brew.

kyliethicc

PSN Store sale is live
here are some Sony games fyi

Gran Turismo 7 PS5 $40
Horizon Forbidden West PS4 $30 (free upgrade to PS5)
The Last of Us Part I PS5 $50
The Last of Us Part II PS4 $10
God of War PS4 $10
Uncharted Collection PS5 $20
Ratchet Rift Apart PS5 $30
Ghost of Tsushima DC PS5 $30
Spidey Miles Morales PS5 $20
Demon's Souls PS5 $30
Returnal PS5 $30 (great deal buy this great game)
Death Stranding DC PS5 $30

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Dualsense controllers are on sale for $50 and xbox controllers are on sale for $40.
Haven't seen any deals on Switch pro controllers.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Grabbed Death Stranding Director's Cut off of Amazon for $20. Seems they have the same deals as on PS Direct.

EDIT: Also just grabbed the DualSense charging station on Amazon.

what are the essentials for a new PS5 owner?

I have PS Plus Extra, also just got Ragnarok and Callisto Protocol.

I highly recommend Demon's Souls. Should also play Astro's Playroom, which comes free.

Last edited:

K' Dash

Grabbed Death Stranding Director's Cut off of Amazon for $20. Seems they have the same deals as on PS Direct.

EDIT: Also just grabbed the DualSense charging station on Amazon.

I highly recommend Demon's Souls. Should also play Astro's Playroom, which comes free.

yeah, I played DS to death on PS3, not interested in the new coat of paint.

dotnotbot

So if I, like an idiot, believed Sony’s bullshit once again and bought premium, I am now stuck with premium and cannot extend my subscription with a downgrade in tiers until my current subscription expires, at which point there will be no sale for another 10 months. Great, grand, thanks a lot.

Every year there is a nice discount for Plus on Days of Play in May-June.

Last edited:

KO7

Wasn’t going to get PS Plus until Street Fighter 6 drops, but tempted to get the 12-month deal right now. Is there any word on the release date of SF6 yet?

Needlecrash

what are the essentials for a new PS5 owner?

I have PS Plus Extra, also just got Ragnarok and Callisto Protocol.
Demon's Souls Remake, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Ghosts of Tsushima Director's Cut.

Yes, its a remake. Yes, you probably played it to death on PS3 for the original. But cot damn....it still looks so good. Makes good use of the DualSense controller too.

FrankWza

PSN Store sale is live

Gran Turismo 7 PS5 $40
God of War PS4 $10
Demon's Souls PS5 $30
What a list. Damn. Returnal really is a masterpiece of a game. There’s nothing like a perfect controlling TPS. If you’re just getting around to getting a PS5 this holiday and you saved some of those end of PS4 games that were later patched for PS5 you’re in gaming heaven.

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
PSN Store sale is live

Gran Turismo 7 PS5 $40
God of War PS4 $10

Demon's Souls PS5 $30
Do note that games in bold are all included with PS plus extra, the subscription service is 25% off now also.

2jVIcsO.png

Black Friday 2022 is on the way. What do you guys want to get deals on this year?
This thread also includes Cyber Monday deals as well. Feel free to share and discuss any deals that you come across!

Xbox:
Bestbuy:
Target:
Steam:
  • The Steam Autumn Sale will run November 22-29
Nintendo:
  • The Nintendo Black Friday sales will run November 20-27: https://www.nintendo.com/holiday/deals/
  • Save $20 on the digital or physical versions of Mario Party Superstars, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, and Bravely Default II.
  • Mario Kart Switch Bundle: Get a digital version of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a 3-month Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership, and a non-OLED Switch for $299
PlayStation:
Newegg:
Cypriot here. Samsung's shiny new qd-oled tv retails for about €2300 here for the 55 incher. The offers went up early on one of the largest tech shops here on the island, so i took my chances and preordered one to be shipped on Black Friday priced at €1399. A steal might I add.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Damnit Nintendo, why do you sales always suck.

In a market for a new Xbox controller though... $50 for the lunar...

Not bad (especially since my kids keep breaking or stealing mine).

Labadal

If I have the lowest tier of PS+, but want to buy the second highest tier, will my subscription be added to my current one? I'm not pulling the trigger until I know for sure.

Wonder if there will be digital flash sales, like 24 hours, on the PlayStation store. I feel like they used to do this way more often during late ps3/early ps4 days.

I picked up Redout 2 for half off on Psn. Its one of those games that no matter how hard you look you cant get performance info. Anyway, my guess is 1440p/60 on ps5. I remember watching a trailer when this was announced and thinking it looked really cool and would probably be a big improvement over Redout 1. Well, gameplay wise it is but graphically its kind of crap and looks nowhere near as nice as the demo. Sigh ..hate when this happens.

The graphics have a really cheap quality to them. Cant describe it other than it reminds me of Agony. Cheap, muddy textures. The tracks look cool but the backgrounds are awful. The gameplay is fun at least.

How's Gran Turismo? Last time I played was on PS3.
Its great. Looks really nice and they perfected the whole simcade handling. The visuals are not a huge leap over gt sport like i hoped but its still beautiful. Lighting and HDR is amazing. Too bad they couldn’t achieve the fidelity of the replays in gameplay. Still dont understand why there’s no 1440p/30 fps RT mode. They went with native 4k/60 which is fine, great even but they shouldnt have that as the only option.

The economy in this game still blows. Also its an online only game which is totap bullshit.

Demon's Souls Remake, Returnal, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Ghosts of Tsushima Director's Cut.

Yes, its a remake. Yes, you probably played it to death on PS3 for the original. But cot damn....it still looks so good. Makes good use of the DualSense controller too.
Its a must buy. Possibly the best looking next gen game still along with Ratchet. Improved animations, 60 fps, amazing use of the dual sense and 3d audio. Best launch game ever.

Top Bottom