• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2022 |OT| Deals & Steals

reinking

Gold Member
With all of the bundle/promo deals and this inventory seems high. I guess the yield for the S chips was much higher than the Series X? MS still losing money on these units? No troll. Just curious....

zzill3

Banned
People have forgotten that having stock on shelves and price discounts are standard business practice.
That the series X and PS5 are out of stock all the time is not normal.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
We were all saying it two years ago...wait for the crazy black Friday deals on this thing....I wonder how many it sells this Xmas? Need to see the sales numbers...should be behind on revenue though.

Robbinhood

Banned
And yet they’re going to sell millions of these over the holidays.

The console conceived and designed to be a mass market seller is being pushed for mass market adoption. Completely unprecedented!
Of course its being pushed as one, doesn't mean it will succeed in being a mass market seller. I've seen them in stores since they basically launched...if people wanted an affordable system instead of next gen, they should just keep making One Xs. People don't want a gimped machine with 2 megs of storage. That silicon could have went to making more Xs and they would have likely sold out.

I don't have Xbox Series S yet but I'm trying to buy something from the Store with my old account and for some reason I can't. It says that something went wrong try again later when I try on my PC browser. I also installed the Xbox app on my phone but it doesn't work on that either. I search games but I get some error message when I click them.
I was unable to download any Game pass stuff on PC last night. Something was amiss. Your the only one on Neogaf with simlar issue that I had. Hopefully by the time I get home it will all be back to normal.

Target is giving a $50 gift card with the $250 version.

These $100 discounts are crazy to me seeing as how the other next gen consoles are still out of stock. 1 despite seeing a price increase. The demand for this console simply isnt there it seems.

Series X didn't get a price increase.

PhaseJump

Banned
Of course its being pushed as one, doesn't mean it will succeed in being a mass market seller. I've seen them in stores since they basically launched...if people wanted an affordable system instead of next gen, they should just keep making One Xs. People don't want a gimped machine with 2 megs of storage. That silicon could have went to making more Xs and they would have likely sold out.

One X is slow. It is running jaguar cores, and that's a worse bottleneck than any contrived argument against the Series S. The only benefit of the One X stands on it's higher performance targets for the back compat upscaling patches. It's cheaper for Microsoft to switch to the new design just by being built around the same hardware as the next gen Series X. The APUs that fail all of the testing at the factory might still be repurposed for use in the Series S.

There is no "gimped machine." There is a performance target set below 4K, being met by an economically efficient entry point to their ecosystem. An entry point that exceeds, if not blows away most of what people playing anything experience on low/mid-PC/PS4/One/Switch/Mobile.

DaGwaphics

Damn that's tempting. Was thinking of grabbing a Series S and Sonic Frontiers for my kids.

Wow, a price cut and a $50 gift card, that's quite a deal.

I swear, some of the comments read like you are convinced everything on a store shelf must be bad since it's available. LOL

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Since this thread has become the official OT and pinned then I've tried to put more effort into the OP. If you come across any really good deals then I can try to add them to the OP so that the deals are easier to find.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Though the official Steam autumn sale hasn't started yet, Bandai Namco has started with their sale on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/BANDAINAMCO/sale/BandaiNamcoSale?snr=1_4_4__118

Soul Calibur 6 for $6
Tekken 7 for $6
Tales of Arise for $24
Tales of Vesperia for $10
Tales of Symphonia for $5
Dragonball Fighter Z for $9
Code Vein for $9
Scarlet Nexus for $15
etc...

edit: just bought tales of symphonia and some dlc for tales of arise

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
they have the banner for 25% discount on PSN Extra but it isn't showing when I go to buy it, it's still $100

It was supposed to start the 18th, it just turned 18th like 15 mins ago Eastern time, timings may vary for a few hours, try again in a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
A year of PS Extra is £56.70 if you use Shopto for discounted PSN credit.

Kena is £16.49. £15.34 if you use a £15 voucher from Shopto which costs £13.85.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
The PS+ deal (all tiers 25% off on PSN) is now live and yes adamsapple adamsapple you can stack several years of PS+ the best deal in gaming.

I see you asking at the other place 😉

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Premium at this point is a disaster for PS1 and PS2 titles. Almost a scam.
1AgsTNb.jpg

Ego1Nwb.gif

GHG

Gold Member
In relation to what tommib said, it makes perfect sense (y)

And I agree with tommib. It's shocking.

Eh no it doesn't, no matter how many thumbs up emojis you want to use.

What the hell does the Xbox One have to do with the PS Plus premium tier underdelivering?

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned

What the hell does the Xbox One have to do with the PS Plus premium tier underdelivering?
you can play PS1 and PS2 classics on Xbox consoles through emulation, so you can have better experience and you don't need to pay for useless PS Plus Premium.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

you can play PS1 and PS2 classics on Xbox consoles through emulation, so you can have better experience and you don't need to pay for useless PS Plus Premium.
Carry on GHG. I thought you had some semblance of having your finger on the pulse, I guess not.

(y)

Last edited:

Vol5

Already posted? I've just picked up an LG C2 for £750 from Amazon UK. £100 voucher applied at checkout. Thanks very much.

dotnotbot

Premium is not just streaming and emulated classics but also many remasters like Bioshock or God of War 3.

GHG

Gold Member
Well you can play them on whatever you want really, even on an Xbox One, yes. (y)

KIMpdjV.jpg
Yup. But everything after PSOne gen is running not that great on Xbox One, so Series consoles are better for this purpose.

So of all the devices out there that can emulate ps1 and ps2 games you guys came here to stan for the xbox one (which by your own admission is poor for anything other than PS1 games)? Not PC's, not tablets, not the steam deck. Let's ignore all the devices out there that offer a lot more flexibility and freedom for emulation, it must be the Xbox.

Thanks for the effort though.

Season 3 Good Job GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I personally did not came to "stan" for Xbox One. You had exchange with other user where you probably did not know what he is talking about, so i chimed in, since it's common knowledge that Xbox consoles can run RetroArch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Although it's pretty funny, that I can play almost all PS/PS2 games on Xbox and not on PS5

Look at the thread title. This is not what people came into this thread to discuss.

The shilling is fucking relentless and you guys are so deep in it that you are blind.

Top Bottom