• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday - What are you getting?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Mega baller electric heater, slightly less baller electric heater 2, ridiculously baller ceiling chandelier + wall lamps.

Stylish baller light switches, not-baller-at-all-but-good electric appliances for washing and drying clothes.

Looking at

ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 BLADE 1TB PCIe Gen4x4 M.2 2280 SSD with heat sink

got 40% off at Amazon just now (but the wd black is only £5 more but without a heatsink)

decisons, decisions 😬🤔

and a couple of games (ratchet, Spider-Man and maybe the lou2. If I can get decent prices)

and a pair of these bad boys, if I can find them anywhere but stock X or flea bay !!!

xq18dJp.jpg

Update

managed to bag Spider-Man miles m for ps5 for £15 and tlou2 for £10

Ratchet is proving a little tougher to track down 🙈

still not convinced I need an ssd, got loads of space free. But the current 1tb prices are tempting

Last edited:

MachRc

bought a few 25$ target 3-month xbox ultimate gamepasses and used the whole turn off re-occurring bill trick to get extra month.
I went and picked up Spiderman Morales from bestbuy yesterday for 29.99.
Going to order few of those Google Nest smart displays for 49.99 from best buy as well maybe buy a 29.99 airfryer there too for white elephant.

Looking to replace my 128g sd card in the s20 ultra, with a 256g for 27.99

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This seems like the best place to as a serious question to US GAF.

If you go to the store on Black Friday, are you ready a fight? Do you guys to to the store with knuckle dusters, baseball bats, hammers etc to participate in the Black Friday fights? I know it's tradition in the US to fight the shit out of each other for cheap electronics, so wasn't sure how prepared you have to be in order to venture out on Black Friday.

I imagine it's like the Purge, but where only violence is tolerated for the sake of some amazing deals.

If you go to the store on Black Friday, are you ready a fight? Do you guys to to the store with knuckle dusters, baseball bats, hammers etc to participate in the Black Friday fights? I know it's tradition in the US to fight the shit out of each other for cheap electronics, so wasn't sure how prepared you have to be in order to venture out on Black Friday.

I imagine it's like the Purge, but where only violence is tolerated for the sake of some amazing deals.
I’m willing to bet 99% of the people in this thread shop Black Friday online

GloveSlap

It hasn't really been like that for a few years. Walmart was pretty bad back in the day though.

On topic, i spent way too much this year on 4k discs and blurays.

Also picked up an Oculus Quest 2 and some 3 month gamepass ultimate cards.

Bought a new house this past June, now i sit too far away from my 65in tv, its hard to read text in lots of games so i was hoping to upgrade to a 75in. Im not someone who can afford a 77in OLED so im having a hard time finding anything worth buying.

DonJorginho

Banned
LG C1 48"

Nike Air Max 95s - Black

POCO X3 Pro 8GB Ram, 256GB

Digital Games:

Red Dead Redemption 2
WWZ Aftermath
Crysis Remastered Trilogy
Kingdom Hearts - All in One Package
Dying Light Platinum Edition
Sackboy
Avengers
Middle Earth - Shadow of War
Red Dead Redemption 1
GTA IV
Max Payne 3
Horizon Forbidden West Pre-Order
Dying Light 2 Pre-Order
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Pre-Order
Destiny 2 The Witch Queen Pre-Order

Those days are over. I used to love going Black Friday shopping, simply to watch the madness. I'd snag a few deals here or there but I was mainly doing it for the experience. For my friends and I, it was an event every year we looked forward to.

AJUMP23

I have never seen violence or been anywhere near violence on a Black Friday. I haven't been to a store on BF in years, but when I did go there was never an issue.

Enjay

Banned

This is exactly how it is. Just got home from black friday shopping today and me and the boys cleaned a few tourists at the mall, a middle american family at a walmart, and a group of like minded peers at a best buy. Anyone who answered differently must be from a neighborhood of privilege.

andrespi

Digital:
Assassin's Creed Valhalla PS4 & PS5 €34,99 (but this was actually much cheaper, because I entirely paid for it using a psn gift card that I bought at 24% discount a few weeks ago)
Burnout™ Paradise Remastered Xbox €4,99

Amazon:
Riders Republic Limited Xbox - Amazon exclusive - Xbox €38,98

Local Store (in italy):
PS4 Medievil pre-owned + Xbox One Sniper Elite III Ultimate Edition preowned + PS5 Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart preowned+ PS4 Nobunaga's Ambition: Taishi EU New for 58,06 € (it was a promotion for black friday, buy 1 new game and 3 pre-owned games in a single purchase and you get 50% discount on the pre-owned games). price includes fast shipping at home. This was definitely the best deal I could get: 4 different games, including Rift Apart for less than 60 € (and including shipping) was a bargain.

Fitness store:
Elyptical DOMYOS EL 500 (with bluetooth and kinomap integration) € 439,98 (included of shipping and assembly at home).

Last edited:

Star-Lord

I bought a Philips 55-inch Ambilight OLED for £1,299 from Richer Sounds. I’ve been waiting to buy an OLED for a while, and I like Philips Ambilight technology. The two together, with 4K HDR, was too good to pass at that price.

Top Bottom