• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Rob has died at 51

Black Rob -- a rapper who was once part of Diddy's Bad Boy roster -- has died ... this according to his former labelmates.

Rob reportedly passed away Saturday while hospitalized in Atlanta -- this after he was apparently battling kidney failure for quite some time.

EzM8tJTVkAgZFLd

I was hoping he was fine when he was discharged from the hospital, Rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, haven't heard that name in forever. I remember that summer very well, when Whoa was playing on loop in every passing car lol
RIP dude

QSD

That sounds more like a BR problem than a Diddy problem.
The circumstances in which he died is terrible but you are responsible for your own situation.
In 99% of cases I'd agree with you but this is P. Diddy we're talking about here, the most obscenely self-aggrandizing rapper in a pretty densely packed field, late 90ies. Diddy can make money appear out of thin air. Diddy can cure cancer just by looking at it. Nothing happens in the rap world unless Diddy wills it. If anyone in his entourage dies, it's absolutely Diddy's fault :messenger_winking:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
That sounds more like a BR problem than a Diddy problem.
The circumstances in which he died is terrible but you are responsible for your own situation.

Diddy, as well as Pebbles and Baby Face, were NOTORIOUS for gypping their artists out of money. This is why so many of their successful acts that they managed ended up either broke or dropping out of the industry altogether. Danity Kane being one of the most well known Diddy acts just fell off... even after one of their members gained some notoriety and fame APART from the group.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I remember her now... we shot her for our magazine... Aubrey O'Day... She was with Danity Kane back in the day when Diddy managed them under his label. They didn't stay for more than 2 years.
6YF3Ss6.jpg

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Black Rob

Diddy, as well as Pebbles and Baby Face, were NOTORIOUS for gypping their artists out of money. This is why so many of their successful acts that they managed ended up either broke or dropping out of the industry altogether. Danity Kane being one of the most well known Diddy acts just fell off... even after one of their members gained some notoriety and fame APART from the group.
This. If most people end up worse off after meeting you, the problem is probably you. Diddy has a ton of skeletons in his closet and other shit that probably haunts him at night to this day. He came from that era.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP Black Rob.

As for Audrey O'Day. She posted this tweet:

“Since trump has now lowered this debate to trashing family.

– don jr HATES his father.

-ivanka is a lesbian on the low.

-eric f**ked miss universe on the apprentice board room table while with his now-wife. #Debates2020.”

That Trump family...man

MMaRsu

Banned
To be fair, the chorus is the best part of the song. Spit Game and Rising to the Top are better imho. Loved Game Radio.

Rest in peace Black Rob
Rising to the top is about as good imo.. i dunno I always loved this track

Reactions: MrS
Top Bottom