• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bless Unleashed | F2P MMO Done Right!

Mista

Banned
BlessUnleashed_OpenGraph_1200x630.jpg

Developer: Round 8 Studio
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Platforms: Xbox One for now
Release Date: March 12, 2020

------------------------------------------------------

THE WORLD OF LUMIOS

Chaos and order are always in conflict, and in Lumios the godly embodiments of these forces were no different. Physera, the god of order, empowered by the support of the five dragon gods, struck down Daimon, the god of chaos, after eons of battle.

After the war, Physera was grief stricken at the loss of so many lesser gods. Physera created law to govern the gods and bring order to the world, decreeing that no one god may ever kill another again. Physera’s victory complete, they left Lumios to develop and prosper on its own.

RACES

The world of Lumios has four unique races that players may play.

HUMANS

196612592674125.jpg

Humans are the most adaptable, and the most populous in the world of Lumios. The human race excels at surviving in the harsh world around them.

ELVES

196612598348875.jpg

Once immortal, the elves lived in peace. After the tragedy of the Breaking, the elves were forced to join forces with the other races for their own survival.

VARG

196612606627375.jpg

The varg were not always the fierce warriors they are today. Contrary to their formidable looks, they were once a peaceful people who were content to dwell in the solitude of the forests. They refused to engage with other races, lest they be forced to partake in their petty squabbles.

IPPIN

196612609372125.jpg

The ippin are the newest race in the world of Lumios, and very little is known about their people’s history.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLASSES

BERSERKER

Berserkers are fearless warriors capable of wreaking havoc on the battlefield. Armed with massive two-handed weapons and a lust for carnage, Berserkers rush headlong into the enemy with little concern for their own well-being.

When the Varg poured out of the forests at The Nightspire to push back the shadowspawn their fury was so great they could not distinguish friend from foe, and some records suggest that they slew as many humans as they did shadowspawn in that battle. In the time since The Breaking, the Varg have mastered their rage and their Berserkers are no longer considered a liability on the battlefield.

Now, Varg Berserkers roam the land as watchers and warriors, ensuring their forest homes are kept safe from the folly of the other races.

CRUSADER

Crusaders are the pillar of the battlefield. Armed with the sword and the shield, they have normally fought as part of a main unit in battle with countless distinguished units. Their balanced ability between attack and defense provided stability in prolonged war.

The Order of Crusaders was first established in the Old Empire. As the cities united together, the army of The Old Empire became more powerful than ever. Over time, the army’s standard weapons and combat styles became the basis for the Crusader’s tactics today.

MAGE

Mages are masters of the arcane arts and can call upon the elements to do their bidding. Mages may use several different elements in combination before finishing their enemy with a final powerful spell. With their mysterious and near limitless power, Mages are often regarded with fear.

The elves were the first race to discover magic. As immortals, they were able to study and perfect the skill over the centuries. When some elves sought to join the Old Empire they brought the secrets of magic with them, and taught it to the humans. Since then, both the elves and humans have carefully guarded this secret. While some other races, such as fairies and shadowspawn use a form of magic, their capabilities and talents with the power are completely different than that of the humans and elves.

PRIEST

Priests harness the sacred power of the gods themselves and bring both their divine wrath and mercy to bear on the field of battle.

The first Priests simply led others in the worship of their deities. They were the lore keepers, and guided their followers through the rites and rituals to praise the deity they served.

After the Breaking, this changed. The faithful that took up the divine calls were imbued directly with their deity’s power against the shadowspawn. Those who did not fight for the divine now tend the flocks. Priests roam the land, bringing the justice of an entire pantheon to those who work to harm the people of Lumios.

RANGER

In the days of the Old Empire, Rangers brought law to places where its reach was weakest. They traveled across Lumios to advise the Empire’s leaders, acting as scouts and spies. Expert pathfinders and survivalists, they keep their distance from their foes. They utilize their deadly bows and an assortment of traps and snares to keep opponents at bay until the battle is already won.

Only the elves continue this tradition today, as the practice fell out of favor during the fall of the Old Empire.

---------------------------------------------------

Media

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I always like trying out new MMOs... but why is this game considered "F2P MMO Done Right"?

It looks like a less graphically impressive FF14.
And since when MMO's are just about graphics? Everything in this game is well made

Yes it requires grind like any MMO but for a F2P game it isn't locked behind a paywall

This the sequel to Bless Online?

These people must be out of their mother fuckin' minds. I'm never buying another game from them after what Bless was.

Someone let me know if this is worth looking at
Its insane how they turned it around with this one

Been playing for the past 3 days and just can't stop

cucuchu

So far I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I've been playing this pretty casually over the last few days and it will likely remain that way why while I'm still heavy into mythic progression on the current WoW raid. So keeping that in mind, I've got maybe 4 hours into it and I'm level 10, so I guess maybe some of the negatives have yet to present themselves. Its leagues better than Bless Online which I went so far as to request a refund on steam because the game was flat out unplayable with stuttering and a host of other issues when it released.

I went with berzerker since I'm always a healer in MMO's and thought it would be a nice change of pace. I am definitely in envy of ranged players especially when I went against the hill giant world boss. That being said, it felt kind of like I was playing a souls game in that I had to carefully plan my attacks and I appreciate the kind of risk vs reward of that but it feels like ranged classes can do better damage from a safe distance so we'll see how that evens out in the end.

Feel free to add me (GT: cucuchuu) if anyone wants to group.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Kagey K Kagey K hows it going with you so far?

I haven't had much time to play the last couple days, so I'm only lvl 11 sitting right around the Harpy world boss. Been making sure I log in daily to get the head start mail and the star seed trades though. I'm flush with cash and seeds.
This the sequel to Bless Online?

These people must be out of their mother fuckin' minds. I'm never buying another game from them after what Bless was.

Someone let me know if this is worth looking at
Different game, different dev, same universe. As far as I understand they have almost nothing in common with each other.

Flintty

Nice job on the OT Mista Mista
I’ll probably buy the 1 week early access pack and start playing tomorrow. Everything I’ve read and seen about this so far has been very positive!

Seems their biggest mistake was carrying over the name Bless, as it seems to carry some baggage. Hopefully word of mouth will counter that.

Kagey K

Banned
New patch dropping March 5th

Reduced the Wolf King’s XP, and removed reward scaling so that only fixed rewards are given regardless of the player’s level.

I was wondering why so many high level players were camped killing the wolf king when I started playing. Took me a few tries to even get a hit in on him before he died, they were dropping him so fast.

Kagey K

Banned
You’re a mage too? Man of culture:messenger_sunglasses:
It’s super squishy though, either learn to dodge or bring a ton of potions with you.

i get greedy sometimes trying to finish out my big combo, and some of them make me pay for it dearly.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
It’s super squishy though, either learn to dodge or bring a ton of potions with you.

i get greedy sometimes trying to finish out my big combo, and some of them make me pay for it dearly.
Yeah I have this bad habit too. I can’t craft potions for now so I got my lunchbox with me

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah I have this bad habit too. I can’t craft potions for now so I got my lunchbox with me
I always forget about lunch and run back to the fire. I should use it more as these meals are eating up a bunch of bag space.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah I use them after field bosses fight. Best time to use them
I’m sure you are past me now

I’m in a random camp outside a city and dealing with the Werewolves

Just about to hit 14. March and April I get no time to game and have been using console streaming when I get a few minutes just to try to progress.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I’m sure you are past me now

I’m in a random camp outside a city and dealing with the Werewolves

Just about to hit 14. March and April I get no time to game and have been using console streaming when I get a few minutes just to try to progress.
I’m 17. The grind is real

All the quests I got currently are OP for me so I’m farming for the next 3 levels

Kagey K

Banned
I’m 17. The grind is real

All the quests I got currently are OP for me so I’m farming for the next 3 levels
I heard 18-20 you can get stuck. No more quests but you need gear and XP before you can progress. Leveling slows down significantly after 10 I found.

Mista

Banned
I heard 18-20 you can get stuck. No more quests but you need gear and XP before you can progress. Leveling slows down significantly after 10 I found.
Correct. The community is great so whenever you wanna go do those regional quests or world bosses, you’ll always find players waiting at the spot.

Kagey K

Banned
Correct. The community is great so whenever you wanna go do those regional quests or world bosses, you’ll always find players waiting at the spot.
Hopefully they can find a way to smooth that patch over or they might lose a lot of free players at that wall.

Mista

Banned
The grind is hectic. You either farm enemies in certain areas or world bosses

Took a break yesterday because its very exhausting

CAB_Life

Rose coloured glasses fell off about a week in. I don’t mind the grind, but PvP is flat out busted in every aspect—balance, mechanics, can even flag and deflag yourself mid fight atm. And while I spend ALL my time in Cyrodil in ESO, I realize that my cup of tea ain’t everyone else’s. Persistent, forced PVP is just a bad idea for any kind of longevity and you immediately alienate any PVEers who might otherwise give the game—and later PVP—a chance.

Getting tired of devs being “different” but not realizing the same thing has been tried, and deemed a failure, countless times in the past.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I’m stuck in that 18-20 grind right now. Not having much free time doesn’t help me in this game.

Either you log in and go kill the bosses available, or you grind trash mobs until you level.

Top Bottom