• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard has appointed its first head of culture

Lol, you think any of the shite we spout (yourself included) on here matters?

They live in a completely different world. Occasionally they send an underling down to the likes of here. Usually that ends up with the underling being shat upon (usually rightfully) and they piss off.
I'm not sure what relevance this has for anything you quoted.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. Some people here seem to think she's going to be some "minister of wokeness", but we all know Blizzard had some serious workplace issues going on, and not that long ago.
This is another bait thread to see which posters can do a simple google search and which posters immediately jump to conclusions to give bad takes. The position is essentially Management and HR combined into one, but without having to deal with payroll and payroll issues.

Bragr

Banned
I mean, that list is full of marketing wank.

You'd have to go through each company to see they did after she left them, and ask people who worked at those places if it was actually her role that did anything, or if she was just there or a figurehead.
I don't know what you mean. The idea is that she is a person who worked with a lot of people and knows how people work together. She clearly has a stellar resume. Obviously, Microsoft has called around asking about her and made sure she is legit, they don't hire a president for fun.

DGQuhIs.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For all you young people on GAF working at companies who already have all these culture and diversity HR roles, guess what?

If you were working a decade ago or more, your company would have a one or two HR generalist roles, and if your company is big enough maybe have a payroll dept. If it's a small company, one or two HR people would handle everything. And there was ZERO focus on jamming down people's throats SJW issues.

Believe it or not, all you needed were those handful of HR related roles and everyone at the company was smart enough to just do their role, get paid and go home when their day was done. Repeat next morning. Not hard to do.

The biggest issues they dealt with were screener interviews, fixing incorrect pay stubs and if you had a question about how to claim dental or prescription drugs, they show you how to do it if your company was old school and you had to fill out and submit a form.

Last edited:
Don’t really care about anything Activision/Blizzard unless they bankroll another Sekiro; that is if From even wants to do any dealings with them anymore.

Doubt this chick will sway that happening one way or another.

For all you young people on GAF working at companies who already have all these culture and diversity HR roles, guess what?

If you were working a decade ago or more, your company would have a one or two HR generalist roles, and if your company is big enough maybe have a payroll dept. If it's a small company, one or two HR people would handle everything. And there was ZERO focus on jamming down people's throats SJW issues.

Believe it or not, all you needed were those handful of HR related roles and everyone at the company was smart enough to just do their role, get paid and go home when their day was done. Repeat next morning. Not hard to do.
There's not enough jobs for people with useless degrees, so they keep inventing new ones.

Jessica: Hi I'm the new Head of Culture, how can I help.

Blue haired Millennial: The work culture here sucks! I would like 3 days off a week, 200 hours of PTO and free daily lunches. Oh I would like to have my own personal office, I have a sensory processing disorder and listening to cis white males tap on their keyboards all day drives me fucking crazy.

Jessica: Deal!

Overwatch 2 delayed until 2040.

The biggest issues they dealt with were screener interviews, fixing incorrect pay stubs and if you had a question about how to claim dental or prescription drugs, they show you how to do it if your company was old school and you had to fill out and submit a form.
What you're describing depends on the industry. Also, keep in mind the people you're describing are the parents who raised the people you're talking to.

.Pennywise

Banned
Whatever. Just reported the thread for politics. Hope the mods have good reasoning and close this shit. This thread reeks of Resetera levels of idiocy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Jessica: Hi I'm the new Head of Culture, how can I help.

Blue haired Millennial: The work culture here sucks! I would like 3 days off a week, 200 hours of PTO and free daily lunches. Oh I would like to have my own personal office, I have a sensory processing disorder and listening to cis white males tap on their keyboards all day drives me fucking crazy.

Jessica: Deal!

Overwatch 2 delayed until 2040.
Dont forget free cell phones, so they can all sit at the back and do Snapchat with each other while the execs are talking at town hall meetings.

Everyone else is sitting there watching respectfully. The young bucks treat working at an office with vets like it's a high school cafeteria treating their teachers like shit.

No wonder our company fires them fast. Believe it or not, their actual work isn't bad given their experience. It's the shitty attitudes they have.

WoJ

Here here. Quoted for truth. HR has always been useless. Jobs like this make it even more useless.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
*Random Blizzard employee walks into her office, still wearing his beer hat*

"Hey there! Me and the boys just wanted to say good job on the position! Must be hard, being a pretty little lady like that. Martinez, eh? That one of them Mexican names? Muy Caliente, mamasita!"

*grabs her ass*

*lawsuit gate 2.0*

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If your company need HR culture and diversity managers, your company has issues. Every one I’ve worked at (and some are big including my current one) just have normal HR people and some payroll people. The only business news you hear from my companies are the usual quarterly earnings reports, if we bought a brand or company or the marketing department launches a new product line. Everything just hums with zero politics. Can’t be that hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom