• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlizzCon 2021 - 30 years of Blizzard | Hope you guy's have a phone

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

The fun kicks off with the Opening Ceremony at 2 p.m. PST on Friday

unknown.png

The famous annual event organized by Blizzard, the BlizzCon, will take place entirely online.
Spread over two days, the conference will at first take a look at the future of its licenses such as World of Warcraft, Hearthstone or Diablo.
The second day will be dedicated to the celebration of the community.

If they aren't slated for release this year, Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV should be talked about during BlizzConline.
In addition, it seems that Diablo Immortals will get a release date and we will finally know if the publisher has planned a remake of Diablo II.
Hearthstone side, it is more concrete: the new year that will govern the standard mode will be announced alongside a new extension. On this occasion, details will be provided regarding the new base set as well as the arrival of classic mode.
In addition, Blizzard should address the content to arrive for Shadowlands, the latest expansion for World of Warcraft.
A new patch should be unveiled and information leaked earlier this week: they mention the content of the 9.1 as well as the arrival of Burning Crusade in WoW Classic.

Live:

Announcements:

Blizzard Arcade Collection (compilation of The Lost Vikings, Rock N' Roll Racing and BlackThorne)
Diablo 2 Resurrected Announcement
Diablo IV new class (Rogue) and trailer

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Truly a new era, huh?

I truly remember the days...

Last edited:

TheContact

Watching for the d2 remaster talk for the most part, but I’d still like to see what the future of OW is and hopefully a release date (lol)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Here for TBClassic and D2 remake. Reposted from another thread:

Hope they actually give us concrete TBC info now rather than an incredibly vague "remember Zangamarsh? more info soon!". Off the top of my head, we need to know:
  • Release date, and I suppose alpha/beta dates
  • 2.4.3 vs progressive itemisation since they already admitted they have the data for the latter
  • Confirm that characters will either roll with the server to Burning Crusade OR be moved to vanilla-only servers, not both, as is implied in the PR sheet
  • If they're doing anything about the economy (as if)
  • If T5 and Hyjal will be in at launch (please no)
  • Presumably confirm that layering will exist and probably for a while longer than Vanilla
  • What state the dungeons, bosses and attunements are in, ties into the itemisation thing really
  • Whether or not we get some sort of pre-patch period and potentially if Draenei Shaman / Belf Paladins are playable in advance
  • Any fresh BC/Vanilla servers
Looots to be covered. The WoW panel is an hour, obviously they've got retail stuff to go over as well. Really hope we get something solid out of this, if not everything yet. The release date is the big one, I genuinely need to plan my annual leave around it + moving house, it's not like I'm gonna use it for anything else.

Last edited:

McCheese

Feels like he's reading a script, such fake delivery :( remember when the folks on stage had a genuine passion? Mike Morhaime is sadly missed

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Feels like he's reading a script, such fake delivery :( remember when the folks on stage had a genuine passion? Mike Morhaime is sadly missed

... He is reading a script. They always were, this time they just have as many takes as they need to get it right.

jaysius

Banned
"Fun" and Blizzard haven't been in the same sentence for a very long time.

How much filler bullshit until they show the games?

McCheese

... He is reading a script. They always were, this time they just have as many takes as they need to get it right.

But he's not delivering it at all, with old blizzard sure they rehearsed it but at least it sounded genuine. This guy is a suit with an ear piece compared to the old school studio heads who were gamers :(

Top Bottom