• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team adding action to its psychological horror focus/working with a very famous publisher on a horror IP

Astorian

"[Psychological horror] is still in our DNA," Babieno says. "We still would like to have this taste of making games, but we would like to tell our stories more with action. That's why our future projects will be more from the first-person perspective, like The Medium. We'll have much more advanced game mechanics."
He adds, "In fact, we've been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we're doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can't tell you who. I can't tell you what the project is, but I'm pretty sure when people realize we're working on it, they will be very excited."

Old Empire.

Their games so far have been 5/10s on average. But I have faith that they've got at least one banger in their future.

Played 10 minutes of medium on Xbox series. I like it, graphically very impressive. But lot of people will hate the tell-tale games gameplay. It very similar to how you move in Telltale walking dead.

driqe

If its not EA/Activision/ Ubisoft if its probably Silent Hill

They're still not referring to this project as AAA so I'm not too sure lol

Who could make a new Silent Hill anyway (excluding microsoft or sony) ?

Last edited:

Shrap

Their games so far have been 5/10s on average. But I have faith that they've got at least one banger in their future.
Spot on. Their visual presentation, atmosphere and sound design are always top notch. The narratives are often disjointed messes but I can look past that. However, the one area where they always fall flat is also the most important - gameplay. Walking sims aren't scary. Extremely limited interactivity isn't immersive. Lack of any real danger destroys tension.

I would say I have faith in them but they've been in the same cycle for so many games now I don't see them breaking it any time soon.

wolywood

The Medium took a lot of inspiration from Silent Hill (particularly SH4: The Room) and used the same sound director/composer, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out Bloober's working on the remake/reboot/whatever. Unless they have some kind of exclusivity deal with Microsoft?

Last edited:

driqe

It’s silent hill and i’m crying...

At least it won't be exclusive

Donald Duck Lol GIF

Great Hair

Banned
marilyn monroe eww GIF

".. Blooper Team working on a new game
...with tank-controls-weak-ass-horror-game-with barely any in it-and-no-gameplay".
Ur GaMeS sUcK BaLlZ! CaPiChE!!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I wonder what game people played when they are talking about 3 Silent Hills, it was a massive junk and without proper English knowledge it was like 2/10 trash tier game. I replayed it recently and it was pretty good, but nothing which would blew my socks aways as a child.

So go for it Blooper, make good game in the franchise.

Armorian

Banned
I wonder what game people played when they are talking about 3 Silent Hills, it was a massive junk and without proper English knowledge it was like 2/10 trash tier game. I replayed it recently and it was pretty good, but nothing which would blew my socks aways as a child.

Yep, i played 2 and 3 like one year ago and I enjoyed them but from technical and gameplay perspective both were junky as fuck. BT with bigger budget can make very good SH title

Fredrik

The gameplay has always been clunky but omg they could scare me like nothing else.

The Medium got me almost as scared at times. I hated that... thing... I was so close to go ”nope.” and uninstall it after the first chase, Bloober managed to get all the hair on my whole body stand at the worst scenes lol

I can understand that people drop it though, it was a snoozefest early on, but I bet those who experienced the first chase sequence either played it till the end or stopped at the slow water area.

Personally I enjoyed it a lot, will definitely keep an eye on whatever they do next.

Spaceman292

Banned
Played 10 minutes of medium on Xbox series. I like it, graphically very impressive. But lot of people will hate the tell-tale games gameplay. It very similar to how you move in Telltale walking dead.
I noticed the walking animation is pretty hanky, which is a big red light.

PooBone

Sweet, I love their games. Weird and cerebral. They're thankfully one of the developers out their not making safe trash aimed at appealing to the masses, like pretty much every western horror developer.

Last edited:

Jokerevo

Banned
After The Mediocre, I mean The Medium they should seriously consider trying another genre. Even with the blueprints of other great games they still can't bring anything new to the table not to mention they're woefully short technically too.

Rippa

Ooohhh so they’re developing the MP/Battle Royale portion of the same Silent Hill game that Koji-Pro is developing. Gotcha!

Naaaaah, then that means it won’t be PS5 exclusive.

Unleeeess Sony bought Konami IP’s....🤔

/😋

synce

I want to say don't let Bloober ruin Silent Hill, but then I remember we've had 3 good SH games and about 5 shitty ones since then, so it's not like there's anything left to ruin. Just kicking a dead corpse at this point.

Last edited:

swaffles23

Typical Konami move. Give a mediocre developer the keys to Silent Hill. They've been doing it since Team Silent was disbanded

kiphalfton

Blair Witch could have been better had the frame rate not been so crappy. Game ran like garbage. And this was on an XBox One X when it was released.

There's not even any gameplay, the locations are tiny, and pretty much everything was scripted, so not sure wtf the deal was.

aries_71

They are certainly good at marketing. Lots of talk for such a small studio with a very average output.

Without disrespecting Bloober, I'd imagine giving the property to team who could handle this specifically better, like Tango Gameworks, the Fatal frame team at Tecmo, Japan Studio (even after guys like Toyama leaving), or Bluepoint if you're gunning a remake.

A better idea than all of the above would be to GROW THE FUCK UP AND LET KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS CONTINUE THEIR WORK ON SILENT HILLS. Business comes first before ego and feelings.

Top Bottom