• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team it isn't ruling out the idea of doing even more Silent Hill games and Defends Konami

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Bloober Team told IGN that it isn't ruling out the idea of doing even more Silent Hill games. CEO Piotr Babieno noted that Konami is interested in having more conversations with Bloober Team and he'd never say never to more Silent Hill games, but the studio is currently committed to the remake and another project with Private Division.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking with IGN, Bloober Team CEO Piotr Babieno defended Konami. Bloober Team is one of the developers helping resurrect the Silent Hill brand with a remake of the much beloved Silent Hill 2 and Babieno notes he has seen the great choices Konami is making behind the scenes to try and bring the series back. He also stated he understands where the anger and hesitation toward Konami is coming from, but thinks fans will trust Konami again in due time.

"Those people who are in charge of Konami Gaming right now, of course I can't tell you all the details, but I believe that they do understand how gaming works," Babieno says. "They came from companies which worked on many great projects, and I'm pretty sure that they are making great choices by choosing partners, by choosing projects…And I do understand that people are a little bit angry at Konami for the stuff which happened in the past, but I would like to say, give them the time, because they do know what they are doing."

I'm just hoping they do SH2 justice. It's a personal favorite of mine. But given their track record I'm expecting them to screw it up in some way.
I am expecting it to be like a more blunt heavy handed straight forward horror movie. "Is Mary really here?!? she can't be, someone is fucking with me." Instead of nuanced and dreamlike.

Spaceman292

Banned
Maybe wait talking about making more Silent Hill games until after the first one comes out..

I mean, you are Team Bloober after all, not exactly a critically acclaimed studio.
They do have a few strengths. Maybe, since all the writing and stuff has already been done for them, they'll do well at filling out the rest. Or they'll totally ruin it. Hard to call it at this stage.

FluffShake

They should be the developer moving forward.
1I0y9EO.gif

I'd rather the franchise stay dead and buried

Let's if the they fuck up sh2 first...
Pahahaha! You can't be fucking serious.
*glances at Layers of Fear.
Why?
Maybe wait talking about making more Silent Hill games until after the first one comes out..

I mean, you are Team Bloober after all, not exactly a critically acclaimed studio.
Blooper Team are an alright studio, I don't understand the moaning about them when most people haven't even played their games. Layers of Fear, The Medium and Observer were solid on the whole, despite being quite short in my opinion. We could do a hell of a lot worse, take a look at Grove Street Games for example.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Blooper Team are an alright studio, I don't understand the moaning about them when most people haven't even played their games. Layers of Fear, The Medium and Observer were solid on the whole, despite being quite short in my opinion. We could do a hell of a lot worse, take a look at Grove Street Games for example.

What part do you not understand? They're at best a remarkably average studio that is working on one of the most beloved IP's in videogame history. Of course people are sceptical.

Does this look like a critically acclaimed list of games to you?

1qauvoV.png

"We could do a lot worse" is such a weird thing to say. Yeah, literally everything that is ever made can be worse than it is. That doesn't magically make an average studio suddenly good.

What part do you not understand? They're at best a remarkably average studio that is working on one of the most beloved IP's in videogame history. Of course people are sceptical.

Does this look like a critically acclaimed list of games to you?

1qauvoV.png

"We could do a lot worse" is such a weird thing to say. Yeah, literally everything that is ever made can be worse than it is. That doesn't magically make an average studio suddenly good.
No, they're a slightly above average game studio. And if you're talking about criticially aclaimed, Layers of Fear, Observer and The Medium recieved 9s across the board from major gaming publications like Game Informer, IGN and Gamespot. Layers of Fear was a beautiful game stylistically, I loved the moment where you look at the paintings and a bunch of apples fall out, though they suprise you all the same.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Not sure what people are saying, but Observer is masterpiece, way better than the praised Soma. I think it is in a good hands, especially when they have proper funding and don't have to rely on sketchy funding from GOV in Eastern Europe. You never get as much as you need, in that way.

Publishers will jump on your project only when you have it finished at least from 60% and by that time, you already have to make compromises, due to budget.

And I liked LoF, The Medium, it is not trash like some people want it to be.

Let's if the they fuck up sh2 first...
They most likely will. Which is going to be sad. Konami was too fucking lazy in finding the right developer. In all honestly, Sony should have funded Konami and have Konami make it themselves. Blooper Team is so trash, I tried many of their games. They are nothing but utter junk and poor gameplay mechanics with awful pacing. Idk who was in their right mind to give it to Blooper Team. The Medium was kind of a shitty game :/

Rayderism

I'd like an SH1 remake. It was the game that started the franchise. Due to the limitations of the PS1, it is the SH game that is most desperately in need of a graphical update.

MiguelItUp

Let's just see how this one turns out first.
Exactly where I'm at. I'm extremely reserved and cautious on all of this. Silent Hill 2 was/is one of my favorite games of all time. So, I'm not expecting much. If it turns out great, awesome, yeah, I'm all for them doing more. If not, nah, I don't want that, lmao.

VN1X

Banned
The only game I ever liked from them (and turned out to be interesting in hindsight) was Blair Witch, which cleverly hid a lot of underlying mechanics pertaining to player choice which would result in the final outcome of the game. However all their other games are poor at best. Layers of Fear is just a predictable slog and Observer started off promising but quickly devolved into a mess itself.

Personally, unless they somehow pull a Hogwarts out of their collective ass, I don't see how this studio is the right one for the job. But who knows, happy to be proven wrong when the time comes.

GymWolf

Pahahaha! You can't be fucking serious.

Yeah i can't be serious in not trusting a mediocre studio with such a delicate remake, lmao.

Yeah i can't be serious in not trusting a mediocre studio with such a delicate remake, lmao.
Your statement mentioned waiting to see if they'd fuck up the remake, but the irony is that you fucked up the sentence claiming they would fuck up the remaster lol.

Vick

I found every single thing made by this studio mediocre at best, unplayable on average.. so I really hope for a complete turnaround with SH2.

But defending the same Konami who deliberately asked Sony to prevent people from playing P.T. on PS5, when it ran perfectly the day before?

F.K. always and forever.

GymWolf

Your statement mentioned waiting to see if they'd fuck up the remake, but the irony is that you fucked up the sentence claiming they would fuck up the remaster lol.
Pretty sure that i never said remaster in my first post, but i'm really not sure what are you talking about...

Also, remaster\remake, who gives a damn...the point was pretty clear anyway.

Pretty sure that i never said remaster in my first post, but i'm really not sure what are you talking about...

Also, remaster\remake, who gives a damn...the point was pretty clear anyway.
I never said that you mentioned the word "remaster" or "remake". I just found it a little funny that you were eager to shit on somebody and ended up shitting on yourself in the process. Remove the "the" and all will be well.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I bet. I'd feel the same way about a studio paying me, I'm sure. I really hope they deliver. I think they do have talent, but their previous titles have been far from smash hits. Maybe this one will be different? I hope so...

peronmls

SH is dead. 1-4 had original members actively working on the projects. The magic is over. I don't care about other interpretation of the series because it doesn't matter. It's just a money project at this point.

Top Bottom