• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Port Was Canceled After Poor Horizon PC Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes zero sense. BB would find a large and thirsty audiance on PC, and it's not like Sony has not been porting more games since HZD.

Elios83

Loooool is it worth posting this obvious bullshit?

It makes zero sense and the proof is that there is no remaster/remake for PS5 either.
There is just no development team working on this.

EN250

8 years of people asking/crying for a remaster version or an update, but no, Sony said, f*ck the idiots who play on our systems, lets just make a version for PC, oh, what's that? Horizon, a new IP that has nothing to do with the hype behind any From Software release, will somehow decide the future of the Bloodborne port?

i-dont-believe-you-ron-burgundy.gif

Ribi

A game that has apparently been rumored to be ported for like a decade was cancelled? Can't wait for next week's rumors that the game is being worked on again

ACESHIGH

Banned
I wouldn't believe a thing...

This is the average news reported by Spanish gaming media on a daily basis: "BOMBA!!! MS, Nintendo and Valve are about to liquidate all their assets and donate to Sony. C suites to commit seppuku after losing the war!!

I'm overdoing it but you get the idea

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

I actually just found a copy today. It's not as good as I was lead to believe. Still good, just not the uber masterpiece some say it is.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This is so stupid it defies business logic. There was more thought put into the Nigerian prince scam emails than this rumor.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Makes perfect sense to cancel a port of a game from the same people that just sold millions upon millions of games on PC.

Clown shoes.

Sony are incompetent.

People have been begging for a PC port for almost 8 years now and with the success of Elden Ring you'd think they would want to get Bloodborne on PS5/PC but oh nooo fuck that.

The only way we're getting any Bloodborne will likely be a PS6 remake by Bluepoint games :messenger_loudly_crying:

RafterXL

Doubt.

Even so, the fact that it hasn't been ported to PC is hilariously stupid. Sure, it's one of the least successful Sony games in terms of sales, but it would be easily their biggest seller on PC. The fact they ported fucking Sackboy and Returnal before Bloodborne is just batshit.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
#FreeBloodborne, exactly. There couldn't be a hashtag that describes my thoughts better. It's unbelievable that they left that beautiful game to rot on an old console. Is it really that hard to remaster a game?

#FreeBloodborne, exactly. There couldn't be a hashtag that describes my thoughts better. It's unbelievable that they left that beautiful game to rot on an old console. Is it really that hard to remaster a game?
Who even needs a remaster? One dude, Lance McDonald was able to backport the Dark Souls 3 PS4 Pro patch to get Bloodborne up to 60fps. If one dude, working without the source code, can do that, there's no reason Fromsoft or another team at Sony's request, who should have access to the source code, couldn't very easily do the same.

It wasn't cancelled because it was never in development. Sony would NEVER hold Bloodborne hostage over sales of a game that wasn't as well received critically.

The funniest thing about this is that some of you absolute tool sheds believe it!

SoraNoKuni

Probably fake, but I don't see how it can't actually be true.
Horizon is a huge mainstream success, bloodborne sold a lot less, surely shareholders would say that it's not worth the risk and invest somewhere else, though I myself believe it would actually be a huge success.

dotnotbot

Probably fake, but I don't see how it can't actually be true.
Horizon is a huge mainstream success, bloodborne sold a lot less, surely shareholders would say that it's not worth the risk and invest somewhere else, though I myself believe it would actually be a huge success.

They thought it wouldn't perform well so they ported other bangers instead like Sackboy and Returnal.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I doubt that, they wouldn't have bothered with other titles if that was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom