• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg ‘accidentally’ refers to Sonic as an Xbox game

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
paul happening GIF

This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but there is nothing on the Bloomberg terminal service itself, and the news article there that links to this interview has no additional context other than just a link to it.

bender

What time is it?
It's def a leak. Wednesdayton. Microsoft finally buying Sega. Also, I just took this screenshot:

Fa-W78-VQAAKpfs

All Xbox exclusives coming to Playstation? Leak or accident? :pie_thinking:

Belthazar

01: There's no way they buy another publisher, especially one as big as SEGA, begore the Activision deal goes through.

02: Those deals simply don't leak like that. Spreading or benefiting from this kind of privileged information over publicly traded companies can literally put whomever is responsible in jail.

blacktout

02: Those deals simply don't leak like that. Spreading or benefiting from this kind of privileged information over publicly traded companies can literally put whomever is responsible in jail.

People really underestimate this. It's notable that all of the "leaked" acquisitions (Microsoft buying Sega, Sony buying Square) haven't materialized, and all the *actual* major acquisitions (Bethesda, Activision, Bungie) haven't leaked. The stakes in terms of potential penalties and fines are just too high for truly informed stakeholders to fuck around.

Tams

Gold Member
OP can't even get the video timestamp correct. I think we call this thread dead already.

Fredrik

If it is happening it’s not happening this way.
But it isn’t happening. It’s more likely that Sony buy SEGA considering it’s a japanese company.

I’d say the video editor googled GAF and stumbled into some rumour thread and used that as source to what Microsoft owns.

Skifi28

It should also be said that I didn't see any Microsoft executives denying a Sega acquisition today, therefore the only logical conclusion is that it's actually happening.

Top Bottom