• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: It's Going to Get Even Harder to Buy a PlayStation 5 (chip shortage)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Noticed this just today, but the publically-stated target by Sony for this fiscal year has always been "above 14.8 million" (repeated during every financial conference) not 16 million, and Sony said to its investors in august that it had secured enough chipset to achieve it. They never updated or increased that target.

So yeah, this sounds like Mochizuki (who definitely isn't new to this kind of antics) inventing a higher target and prophetizing that they won't make it, but will make 200k more than what their publicly stated target actually has always been, so when the number comes out in that ballpark, he can say "hey! I was right!" while clickbaiting about an alleged (and likely false) reduction now.

Take whatever he, his "sources familiar with Sony" and Bloomberg say with a massive grain of salt.
Proof the numbers story is BS… Sony‘s stock never budged and has been climbing since the meeting and has been steady at over $120 a share with a constant leapfrog of 52 week highs.

Investors have not wavered.

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
Honestly, It's been quite easy for me, just have alerts on and follow stocks alerts.
The people struggling are those normal folks hoping to see one in stores. Those who wanted one most likely already got theirs online already.

nush

Gold Member
Microsofts push into PC and streaming gaming makes it look like they had knowledge from the future at this point.

From the man himself...

OZDZx6a.png

Series x day one, I've tried to figure it out securing one before 2 weeks of its launch and it was a gamble ,I was surprised that they stopped preordering right after I preordered mine , but my friends were angry at me for not telling them to secure one for them.

Top Bottom