• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Nintendo Plans to Boost Switch Output to Meet Resilient Demand

sandbood

Banned
If switch outsells ps5 this year....Well, Nintendo just made an unstoppable force with the switch.
They didn't even use this kind of promotion yet.
EJqbDFlW4AAhGO0.jpg:large

The only deal we got so far is MK8D bundle at $299 price point.
9HVi9R7d_mAmQtWfC8nRdCSHjlO4zqrQ3KpAR_fXruQ.jpg

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'm sorry, but I bought it twice and I hate this effin' thing. I don't want Prime 4 to be scaled down in more ways than one to just run on it in sub 720p with DRS on top. PC can fix the resolution problem, but it won't turn the game into what it could've been, being developed for a much more powerful console. I mean, Dread looks amazing (on PC at 6,5K) given that it was developed for Switch, but that's 2,5D game, you can clearly see where corners were cut on PC and Prime 4 will be 1s person, which means every single technical flaw will be always in front of you, just like it is in Dread during extreme close-ups or close-ups in general.

smbu2000

Nintendo doesn't care about beating PS2 sales number. Take a look at the graph below, the only thing they care about is profits which PS2 is miniscule in comparison to Switch. Nintendo Switch is already the most profitable console of all time and Nintendo loves it.

IMG-20230121-105845-258.jpg
Doesn’t that seem unfair to the ps2 since those later ps2 years had the burning money pit called the ps3 swallowing up Sony’s profits?
if you don’t include the ps3 numbers then the ps2 was very profitable.

kubricks

Good news for me, actually.

SInce I got the Steam Deck during Christmas I no longer use my Switch for anything other than its exclusives. All the indies and AA to AAA games runs way better there, and cheaper too 99% of the time.

Glad that my 2017 OG switch can still play their new games in the foreseeable future.

Marvel14

Banned
Nintendo doesn't care about beating PS2 sales number. Take a look at the graph below, the only thing they care about is profits which PS2 is miniscule in comparison to Switch. Nintendo Switch is already the most profitable console of all time and Nintendo loves it.

IMG-20230121-105845-258.jpg
They better be investing those profits into gaming experiences and hardware that will knock our socks off...or else we will be in Wii U territory once more and there isn't a 3DS to soften the financial failure.

sandbood

Banned
Doesn’t that seem unfair to the ps2 since those later ps2 years had the burning money pit called the ps3 swallowing up Sony’s profits?
if you don’t include the ps3 numbers then the ps2 was very profitable.
It didn't include PS3 ~4 billion loss.

sandbood

Banned
They better be investing those profits into gaming experiences and hardware that will knock our socks off...or else we will be in Wii U territory once more and there isn't a 3DS to soften the financial failure.
3DS didn't soften the blow, it was in fact the reason of nintendo dire situation when their profits earning at red for the first time because of the emergency price cut($70). They were selling 3DS at loss thanks to the 3d gimmicks screen that brought nothing to the table other than inflating production cost.

Marvel14

Banned
3DS didn't soften the blow, it was in fact the reason of nintendo dire situation when their profits earning at red for the first time because of the emergency price cut($70). They were selling 3DS at loss thanks to the 3d gimmicks screen that brought nothing to the table other than inflating production cost.
It was another source of revenue. 3DS Hardware + software was not a net revenue loss. If it had been it wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

Top Bottom