• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blooper claims Silent Hill 2 remake is almost done

EN250

It would be a great surprise this year but 2023 is stacked so they could just release it next year

Day 1 either way!

Silent Hill 2 remake (by Bloober, what kind of monkey paw wish was this) needs a month to itself in order to release and not get drowned by any other game, SH never was big in the first place and Konami is cheap, so promotion will be scarce and when it doesn't "meet expectations (Square-Enix style) everything else regarding the IP will get canned again :messenger_expressionless:

Silent Hill 2 remake (by Bloober, what kind of monkey paw wish was this) needs a month to itself in order to release and not get drowned by any other game, SH never was big in the first place and Konami is cheap, so promotion will be scarce and when it doesn't "meet expectations (Square-Enix style) everything else regarding the IP will get canned again :messenger_expressionless:
I want to try to be positive. They got that new movie coming out too, and horror is big right now. Also, Silent Hill The Short Message has probably been completed and they are just sitting on it

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I hope it's amazing. I truly do. For some reason, be it because of Blooper or Konami, I feel like the outcome will be good. But I guess we'll see... I'm trying so hard to reserve my expectations.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It'd be funny if Konami cancels it
will smith no GIF

EN250

I want to try to be positive. They got that new movie coming out too, and horror is big right now. Also, Silent Hill The Short Message has probably been completed and they are just sitting on it
I am wishing and hoping for the best, but bloober... :messenger_unamused:

Mr Hyde

Can't wait. I have faith in Bloober. Enjoyed most of their games and it's obvious they are Silent Hill fans so I would think they respect the franchise enough to not fuck with it.

Can't wait. I have faith in Bloober. Enjoyed most of their games and it's obvious they are Silent Hill fans so I would think they respect the franchise enough to not fuck with it.
No matter what, they’ll do better than vatra or double helix, so it has that going for it

Mr Hyde

No matter what, they’ll do better than vatra or double helix, so it has that going for it

Got flashbacks from SH Downpour. Those were rough times for Silent Hill fans. Shit was barely playable. But was Homecoming shit? Can't remember since it was so long ago I played it. I think I liked it. Guess it's due for a new playthrough.

Hugare

Its not going to live up to the years of hype and demand but I'll still play it unless its a complete car crash.
I will play even if it's a car crash.

Remaking SH 2 is an event that I wouldnt miss even if it turns out to be a disaster

Will it be the first UE 5 game available? (besides Fortnite, of course)

Got flashbacks from SH Downpour. Those were rough times for Silent Hill fans. Shit was barely playable. But was Homecoming shit? Can't remember since it was so long ago I played it. I think I liked it. Guess it's due for a new playthrough.

Homecoming wasn't great, but it was serviceable. If it wasn't called Silent Hill it wouldn't have gotten the flak it did. Probably wouldn't have got much notice either though.

Of course, I'm a big The Room fan, so take it as you will.

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, i am looking forward to Silent Hill The Short Message more, because it’s actually something new, probably from Ito too.

It’s almost done, yet we barely seen any footage of it? I don’t know…..I’m wondering if something is going on that we don’t know about.

Last edited:
Top Bottom