• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blooper claims Silent Hill 2 remake is almost done

Mr Hyde

Of course, I'm a big The Room fan, so take it as you will.

Nothing wrong with The Room. I remember people's disappointment of it but I thought it was an interesting concept. I always appreciate devs thinking out the box, even if the landing doesn't stick. I just think SH2 got so iconic that every new installment would always be seen as inferior. SH3 was heavily scrutinized upon release too, albeit not that much as the follow ups.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Of course, I'm a big The Room fan, so take it as you will.
Tommy Wiseau Lol GIF by The Room

SHA

Did it matches their vision or its not up to them to put the final touches? I'm starting sensing something fishy.

drotahorror

So Silent Hill 2 is basically ready and they're just sitting on it waiting for Konami to give them a date.

EA is sitting on the finished Codemasters first WRC licensed rally game as well.

Give these people some work, didn't realize how easy the videogame industry had got.

ANIMAL1975

I cant wait for this game, wish they were making sh1 first or both at the same time and with better studios, but oh well.... Please Boober don't let me down.

8s and 9s across the board. Bloober will become the new Team Silent.

Eurogamer and era will complain something something portrayal of mah mental illness.
If it does really well, I think we will get a Homepour esque game from them next. I'm sure if they don't tone down James's expressions and mannerisms, gifs and memes will be drawn from it aplenty.

Last edited:
Release around September / October just before Halloween.

Should do well. You'd even have people who played the original 20 years ago picking it up.

jm89

I've played a few bloober games recenty, now i understand the skepticism.

They aren't a bad studio, but personally i found alot of their stuff medicore.

I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
I hope they don't expand, and then blooberfy the lore. Like, a direct sequel starring adult laura. If it sells well konami could want to turn it into a trilogy, but i could see a sequel starring an adult laura, and a sidequel about eddie or angela working.
piramid-head-what-300x277.jpg

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

It says:

As reported by The Gamer, Twitter user AestheticGamer noticed that the Steam Page for the upcoming Silent Hill 2 remake was updated recently. While it doesn't give a concrete release date, the fact that it now says "Coming Soon" instead of "TBA" could very well be telling. It might mean that Konami is getting ready to make an announcement of some sort. However, there's no way to know for sure until official parties involved in the game make a move. Maybe it's nothing, but no doubt many fans will feel it's one step closer to an actual launch window.

twitter thing:
(2/3) I've released several dozen small games on Steam & know Steam's inner workings pretty well. Steam sometimes does mass auto-updates to store pages, but this was an internal SH2 pushed update by whoever's in charge of the store page. Knowing this, most likely they updated
(3/3) the "Release Date" section of. Now here's the kicker; They MIGHT'VE just updated it to say "Coming Soon" from TBA as the public displayed message, BUT they also might've inputted a release date, as "Coming Soon" is the default cover-up message for release dates.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I hope they don't expand, and then blooberfy the lore. Like, a direct sequel starring adult laura. If it sells well konami could want to turn it into a trilogy, but i could see a sequel starring an adult laura, and a sidequel about eddie or angela working.
piramid-head-what-300x277.jpg

The guy who literally created the Pyramid Head enemy is working with Bloober. We should be fine. I am also in the camp where I think they should stop using the character outside of James' story.

Hugare

Konami was going to be at E3, right?

So they probably have planned to announce the release date for it there

E3 got sacked, so they are probably making a Direct-like presentation for it

I expect the release date to be anounced this month, next month tops

Last edited:
Didn’t they say development started in late 2018 or something? I hope its out this fall. Have a feeling they are going to drop a ton of new info on us. Maybe a Playstation showcase

Last edited:
It is obvious they want to capture that RE2 Remake spark… is it possible we might see a Pyramid Head that follows you around like Mr X?

I think Silent Hill 1 was a better game to remake, but SH2 might be awesome too… but I wonder how streamlined and modern they’ll make it… it kind of seems like they are taking some liberties with the 3rd person shooter thing, maybe they’ll have enemies roam around the streets? I remember SH2 being more desolate, I also remember the transitions from real world to hell world being more abstract and blurred… maybe they’ll make it very explicit and have you see the world turn around you like in the movie? I really don’t know what to think, but Bloober has a tough mission of pleasing everyone, so… Good Luck!

Top Bottom